• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
Glad to see they're keeping up with the animation quality and conveying the humor so well. I really hope they make it to King. So many scenes to look forward to.

Now if only psycho mob would catch on like this.

Lol, I wonder how many people have a Saitama avatar now

I wonder if the show will stay at this pacing... It seems kind of pointless to hype up people in the Hero's association if they're gonna cut it at either the Sea King arc or Boros, considering they're not particularly involved until the current (except Licenseless rider) arc Murata is in the middle of redrawing.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
My God, this anime so far. I didn't know about OPM that much, just small tidbits, and I've never read the manga, but I caved in for the anime, after reading so many happy, if not enthusiastic opinions on it and, well, it didn't disappoint at all. There are so many funny moments, but it can be epic too. And, yes, animation-wise, this is a gorgeous anime.

Just today's episode, I can't stop thinking at
both Carnage Kabuto's fights, especially when he enters Carnage mode and confronts Saitama. The energy and strength he punches OPM, the speed, the impact...HOLY SHIT YES
And, on top of that,
Saitama's realisation. I got it already when he started talking about the days, the week...but, who cares, I laughed out loud anyway

That's not bad. I love Gintama but there are some episodes I just have nothing to comment on. Same with shows like Non Non Biyori where there aren't really plot developments, it's just more of what I liked before and that's good

It gets more complicated arcs than "Genos gets Worfed, Saitama does something funny and oneshots the villain" later.

I know, I've loved all of the episodes so far. I wish I could think of more to say about them. :p

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I love the OP, but if I had one complaint, it would be the big plaster of all the S rank heroes. The OP seems pretty disconnected from the main story besides that one bit, and I kinda wished they kept it as a surprise. They're reveal is a really neat moment in the series.

Crocodile

OPM 3

clapping_joey_chandler_friends.gif

This show gives me life :)

Where did this come from?

Gintama is like one of the better anime comedies but don't know the context as to why you're bringing this up

He wrote Gintama but maybe he meant to write Saitama and had a brainfart?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Ep 3 wasn't as funny as the previous 2 but the animation was still top notch. Madhouse, we are not worthy.

Damn this show is so fine. Hyped for next week.
Giving Sonic Speed a voice will make the manga so much easier to read for me. I always struggle with those characters.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Wait, did Hulu screw up and launch the episode way earlier this morning hours before it even aired in Japan?

Yeah, I watched it at like 2am EST on Sunday morning. I was sorta surprised because I didn't expect to see the episode until way later.

It might not have been a mistake though, Hulu updates their content for the day around 2am/3am. I wonder what they'll do next week.

V-Faction

One Punch Man has been one of my Top 5 mangas in the past 4+ years or so, and I'm so happy there's finally an anime.

HEROOOOOO~

WAN
PAN
MAN

Wait, did Hulu screw up and launch the episode way earlier this morning hours before it even aired in Japan?

Yeah. On Hulu it seems like someone else is handling OPM instead of Daisuki, in which they are consistent on PC/Website and Hulu with the new Gundam show. I think it's Viz Media themselves.

Here's hopin to more screw ups like those.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Man, this show is so fucking good. I don't even really like anime at all, and just stumbled on this thread as the first ep dropped and thought the description sounded funny so I checked it out and loved it. It's been really great so far, the animation is so well done.

Probably a pleb opinion but I wish there was a dub.

Man, this show is so fucking good. I don't even really like anime at all, and just stumbled on this thread as the first ep dropped and thought the description sounded funny so I checked it out and loved it. It's been really great so far, the animation is so well done.

Probably a pleb opinion but I wish there was a dub.

OPM will probably get a dub, it's popular enough and a good dub would do wonders for it. I think someone might have already picked up the license

Glad my girlfriend is getting into this show as much as me. God damn its as hilarious as the manga and Madhouse does not allow themselves to fail at amazing me with dat animation.

I get so hype every time Genos starts to aim at something

Gartooth

I wouldn't have stumbled onto this anime if it wasn't for this thread, and I'm glad I did! One Punch Man has been the highlight of the last three weekends for me, and if it keeps it up this will probably be my favorite show of the year.

I absolutely love the combination of humor and action in this, and the animation has been flat out stunning. It doesn't surprise me that some of Space Dandy's talent is on this since that show also impressed me with its animation. Best part of episode 3 was the revelation of how Saitama got so strong. XD

The only unfortunate thing is that it will probably take forever for a second season of OPM. I looked up where the show is in relation to the manga, and it looks like we are already past the first 10 chapters out of 56?

The only unfortunate thing is that it will probably take forever for a second season of OPM. I looked up where the show is in relation to the manga, and it looks like we are already past the first 10 chapters out of 56?

The manga by Yuusuke Murata is an adaptation of a webcomic by an artist who's handle is ONE. The series updates irregularly, has no set chapter length, and some chapters are meant to be turned into gifs so it goes frame-by-frame using 20 pages to cover one scene.

iirc there was a long hiatus after the scene in the manga with the robot flying in color. So that was weeks and weeks of waiting for what would literally be a about 4 seconds tops in the anime.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
*begins ep 3*

WAN PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNCH!

Geist-

The manga by Yuusuke Murata is an adaptation of a webcomic by an artist who's handle is ONE. The series updates irregularly, has no set chapter length, and some chapters are meant to be turned into gifs so it goes frame-by-frame using 20 pages to cover one scene.

This is the one right? It's what got me reading the manga in the first place.

UntidyYearlyChafer.gif

Gartooth

Ah, so the original source material is much farther along then? Still, it sounds like I should just read the manga/webcomic where the anime ends.

Ah, so the original source material is much farther along then? Still, it sounds like I should just read the manga/webcomic where the anime ends.

Yes. ONE's webcomic looks nothing like Murata's version. ONE is not a professional artist by any means, he does it for fun and it managed to become very popular.

Well, Murata is one of the best artists in the business, but still, ONE is little more then scribbles and it is becoming less of a 1:1 adaptation (murata is adding scenes)

wamberz1

I shocked at how well animated the fight with carnage kabuto was, I thought for sure they would just have saitama insta - kill him immediately and be done with it.

I'm glad the show doesn't take itself ultra seriously like 90% of anime because it makes it easy to recommend to friends.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
bahahha.

When Saitama said "I made a horrible mistake" I knew what the punchline was going to be. Still broke out in laughter when he said "BARGAIN DAY AT THE SUPERMARKET!!!!!"

bahahha.

When Saitama said "I made a horrible mistake" I knew what the punchline was going to be. Still broke out in laughter when he said "BARGAIN DAY AT THE SUPERMARKET!!!!!"
His wailing afterwards was so, so good. I couldn't control my laughter even knowing it was coming. The VA for Saitama is doing such a great job.

Also, "Huh? Who are you?" @the scientist was hilarious.

Rocky85

Banned
I got a feeling we're gonna have an episode where Genos starts losing his hair and he gets all excited. Then when Saitama finally loses a battle he goes super saiyan.. full bald.

Draxal

His wailing afterwards was so, so good. I couldn't control my laughter even knowing it was coming. The VA for Saitama is doing such a great job.

Also, "Huh? Who are you?" @the scientist was hilarious.

Genos consoling him like a 4 year old was the best part of the episode for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom