• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
tbh I still wish they did ONE for everything except --------> Murata for fight scenes

the change from everything looking shitty to all of a sudden the shit looking amazeballs might be funny the first couple of times but would make everybody think that they were definitely trying to save budget for everything but the fight scenes.

I've sat down to watch the show with two friends who don't regularly watch anime. They are cracking the fuck up and loving the ever living shit out of the show. And one of their favorite parts is how Saitama always "has crappy animation" (which is meant as no details to his character design 99% of the time) except when he gets serious. Having one character like that works vs having everybody like that imho.

Puruzi

Banned
the change from everything looking shitty to all of a sudden the shit looking amazeballs might be funny the first couple of times but would make everybody think that they were definitely trying to save budget for everything but the fight scenes.

I've sat down to watch the show with two friends who don't regularly watch anime. They are cracking the fuck up and loving the ever living shit out of the show. And one of their favorite parts is how Saitama always "has crappy animation" (which is meant as no details to his character design 99% of the time) except when he gets serious. Having one character like that works vs having everybody like that imho.

ONE's artsyle just makes everything exponentially funnier to me, which is why I would've liked it. One moment in his version had me laughing so hard that I was coughing for like 2 minutes straight. Just imagining his artsyle animated is making me have mini fits right now

DampBogusDunlin.gif

I'd love to know his backstory

"I stared my entire life up to the stars until I eventually turned into one!"

Spoilers:

You'll never know, because it's just a placeholder. It doesn't appear anywhere. But yeah, I bet if he was real, he'd have a funny backstory.

Mossybrew

I would have never bothered with this but my daughter made me watch the first two episodes last night and I was surprised, really entertaining.

I loved the sense of speed in episode 3

LikableTheseIcefish.gif

And Saitama's complete cluelessness haha
Complete and utter apathy, not cluelessness. :p

Edit: These gifs are making me catch details I somehow missed despite rewatching every episode many times. My love for OPM grows; I never thought the anime would be worth anything and I am so glad Madhouse is proving me wrong.

Just got around to watching episode three.

The soundtrack for this show is absolutely fucking insane. It might be the first soundtrack I ever buy for anything.

Probably my favorite episode yet. The animation during the fight with Carnage Kabuto: Asura Mode was absolutely amazing. The subterranean fight was better animated I think, but I just loved all those cubes flying around everywhere. I'm a sucker for cubes.

This anime is far beyond what I expected it to be, and I fucking love it. Thank you Madhouse.

For HxH 2011 too

Aikidoka

That fight was better animated in the manga. Also, disappointed by lack of gore.

And it's been over a month since ONE has released a new chapter, anyone know what's up with this?

CDiggity

That fight was better animated in the manga. Also, disappointed by lack of gore.

And it's been over a month since ONE has released a new chapter, anyone know what's up with this?

But you see, those were people. Can't have actual humans gibs on TV.

Besides, we got based Licence-less Rider this episode, so it's already great.

somedevil

He has no real pattern of update for his version. Its his side project. Example is he did 101 in June and 102 was not put out till September.

Aikidoka

He has no real pattern of update for his version. Its his side project. Example is he did 101 in June and 102 was not put out till September.
well, fuck. Guess that's what I get for reading them all really fast. Why doesn't he want to go professional?

But you see, those were people. Can't have actual humans gibs on TV.

Besides, we got based Licence-less Rider this episode, so it's already great.

I found it weird that Daisuki didn't fully translate his name.
Also, wish they would subtitle the opening theme.

Draxal

well, fuck. Guess that's what I get for reading them all really fast. Why doesn't he want to go professional?

Also, wish they would subtitle the opening theme.

He also has other works Mob Pyscho 100 for example.

Skrams

So I was a little disappointed in not really having a good frame by frame scene with Sonic hopping around, but his balls at the end made up for it easily. It's also probably super hard to convey his fast hopping around in anime form, but I probably would of settled with us at least panning around Saitama's head with some good animation.

At least there was a lot of animation pumped into the rest of episode which I honestly kind of forget is and will be a thing since my brain just skips over the Hammerhead battle and smaller bits like it.

I also somehow forgot Licenseless Rider was introduced this episode. His introduction was everything I could of hoped it to be and more. Mannnnn,
Sea King
arc. I can't wait.

Him also being called Mumen Rider is fucking with me hard. I only first learned that was a thing when I reread the official paperback version a month or two ago. I need some fansubs to just change it to licenseless to make me feel better.

Edit- I had to look it up to remember if it was his name or not, but Dr. Stench is also called Kureno or something like that. I guess this is just a keikaku=plan thing because if these names just directly translate then you might as well translate them so people get the joke.

Also another King appearance in minute one of this episode. I can't remember if that was a thing or not in the manga, but I do like it if it's an added bonus for the anime.

His name in the english translation of the manga is Mumen Rider, with a note at the end of the book:
"Mumen," in Japanese means, "no driver's license," and is a parody of Kamen Rider.

I favor Mumen Rider because it's less wordy than License-Less Rider.

License-less rider is a bette name because people won't be wondering "what does mumen even mean?"

One Punch Man 04

Considering we didn't have any crazy fights this episode the quality of these b-tier battles were just as fine for me because they were still like above average.

Lol at the dick punch in slow motion. And the "I can tell by your innocent smile"

Qurupeke

Hey, The Organization appeared! Their arc is the best!
lol

Great episode again. Saitama's Eternal Rival, Speed of Sound Sonic was awesome and I liked his voice, as in the manga he seemed too feminine. His fights were amazing.

Still watching ep4 and it's so awesome. I gotta say, though, I am extremely disappointed they changed License-less Rider's name to "Mumen Rider". His hero title was half of the joke, and now I am worried about other name changes for other heroes going forward. >_<

Draxal

Still watching ep4 and it's so awesome. I gotta say, though, I am extremely disappointed they changed License-less Rider's name to "Mumen Rider". His hero title was half of the joke, and now I am worried about other name changes for other heroes going forward. >_<

They didn't change it ... they just didn't fully translate it, and as mentioned part of the joke is that he's based on kamen rider like onepunchman is based on anpanman.

Siegcram

Sonic's "child-like grin" gets me every time.

And that boulder sequence ... ma gawd.
Only thing that could have improved this episode would have been just cutting to the Murata gif above instead of animating it.

Because it's gonna get brought up, here's that particular scene that was covered in today's episode in the manga.

giphy.gif

I was kinda disappointed it didn't looked like that :/

Yes, me too, but we all knew beforehand that it was incredible difficult for any animation studio to reach Murata's level of animation.

Anyway, the battles once again looked fantastic and I loved the problems Saitama faced for been the way he is, lol.

Permanently A

Because it's gonna get brought up, here's that particular scene that was covered in today's episode in the manga.

giphy.gif

Aw man, that scene was today? Yeah it didn't look as good, too bad. I did think the scene where Hammerhead tossed boulders at Sonic was really good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom