• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I think the speed animation looked great this episode. *shrug*
Outside of that one scene of Saitama and Sonic in the forest, I think we all agree the animation was on point. And the disappointment is only stemming from expectations borne from Murata's version of that encounter. There was a lot of hype for that moment and Madhouse didn't quite deliver. But I think they made up for it with Sonic's fight w/Hammerhead.

The new music in this ep was really great, and Saitama's reactions to the over-the-top individuals he keeps encountering remains hilarious as heck. I'm super pleased with Sonic's voice acting, as well. Next ep should be a blast!

From Murata twitter

CSLhz9vVAAA7Bua.jpg

lmao

Phatmac

Think I died laughing with Licenseless Rider's intro. The animation continues to deliver with some great looking action scenes. We also got introduced to best girl Sonic. That bunch to the junk has got to hurt. At least he can still give us some more innocent smiles.

Parshias7

Because it's gonna get brought up, here's that particular scene that was covered in today's episode in the manga.

giphy.gif

As an aside, now that this episode has aired: recently I went and picked up physical copies of the first two volumes of the manga in English, and this scene got cut from volume two. They only included the final two page spread from the sequence. It was a total let down.

LeonSPBR

This anime is fucking gold. They did very well compared to Murata drawing IMO. BTW this will be a 13 or 26 episodes long??

That was great. Actually really love the humor in this series so this episode did a lot for me to make up for the lack of a big fight. There was still a lot of stylistically cool moments with Sonic and Hammerhead, though. The cut with the boulders was pretty amazing.

These two cuts were the ones that impressed me -

Boulders

Stylistic

Kyuur

Licenseless Rider's intro was gold. His bit was actually really well animated too; check out that jog after he puts his bike stand up. So fluid.

Rest of the episode was great too; as with others I was a tad disappointed that they didn't 1:1 the manga for that scene, but its hard to complain when the rest of the show looks like it does.

They couldn't really 1:1 that scene. They would have to put in in-between frames. Look at the manga .gif and then imagine that actually animated, it would look kind of stuttery.

Any chance this guy in the right is who I think it is?
wVjiFRE.png

I though the same thing, but let's keep this discussion for another occasion :p

Also, I want to say the animation of this chapter was fantastic as always, that little scene scene that didn't translate perfectly from Murata's version is almost just nitpiking because the overall quality of the show is amazing.

I don't think anyone here is gonna lose sleep over the scene, guys. lol

We all know it's still animated great (along with everything else) and, arguably, has a better payoff/punchline/
dickpunch

s'all good baby

Dio

Banned
I'm pretty sensitive to animation so it felt like there were a lot of cut corners this episode and QUALITY moments with dragging a still frame across the screen instead of actually animating it and various tricks to do certain scenes without too much money. To be perfectly honest, this is the kind of episode I'd have cut budget on if I were managing things as well. There were bursts of good animation from the episode, though.

Because it's gonna get brought up, here's that particular scene that was covered in today's episode in the manga.

giphy.gif
I was secretly hoping they would just rip that and put it in the anime, what they did instead was pretty disappointing. But at least the Licenseless Rider and the dick punch was hype.

Platy

Ah those godly child bearing hips ... the anime did them justice xD

Also, cosplay !

VDDlfAb.jpg

Anyone have a gif of Sonic jumping on saitama to make a comparison between anime and manga ?

giphy.gif

Haven't read the manga, but yeah I was wondering when that was going to happen. Oh well

But by GOD someone get me that soundtrack immediately, Mumen/License-less Rider's them is AMAZING

yeah it was unfortunate that they didn't have the jumping off the trees scene as identical as the manga but the rest of Sonic's animation was A tier

real sense of speed

4 episodes in and I'm pretty sure OPM has the best action scenes of any animated superhero fiction ever, certainly better than anything produced in the west to my knowledge.

Going back to rewatch ep4, I think it's the least action oriented episode we've had yet, but probably the one I've laughed the most.

"Saitama! The next time we meet it'll be your demise!"

"Okay..."

Sonic and Genos are so similar in that regard. Both saw Saitama in action and then immediately restructured their lives around him, with Saitama having little say in the matter. I hope the anime goes far enough into the story that we'll get a chance to see at least one Sonic/Genos interaction.

Going back to rewatch ep4, I think it's the least action oriented episode we've had yet, but probably the one I've laughed the most.

"Saitama! The next time we meet it'll be your demise!"

"Okay..."

Sonic and Genos are so similar in that regard. Both saw Saitama in action and then immediately restructured their lives around him, with Saitama having little say in the matter. I hope the anime goes far enough into the story that we'll get a chance to see at least one Sonic/Genos interaction.
If I recall correctly where it happens and where the Anime is likely to end
we won't. Sadly.

How likely is it that this show gets a season 2?

I'm willing to wait, I just want to know that it's a possibility. It seems pretty popular so far, from what I've seen

How likely is it that this show gets a season 2?

I'm willing to wait, I just want to know that it's a possibility. It seems pretty popular so far, from what I've seen
Based on popularity alone it'd likely get one if it didn't suffer from the same issue attack on Titan faced.

The Manga wasn't far enough by the time season 1 ended.

I wasn't blown away. My buddy tells me that the buildup and quick execution of the enemies is what makes it funny/cool but it just felt like a waste of time to me. How long can that gag last without some real action happening eventually?

I've only seen one episode and I see potential so I'll keep watching but man, as an action show, I felt like I just got served all sides and no main dish.

Puruzi

Banned
I wasn't blown away. My buddy tells me that the buildup and quick execution of the enemies is what makes it funny/cool but it just felt like a waste of time to me. How long can that gag last without some real action happening eventually?

I've only seen one episode and I see potential so I'll keep watching but man, as an action show, I felt like I just got served all sides and no main dish.

It's a comedy.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's ironic that the Sonic segment is so lackluster when that was the moment where all the manga readers stood up and yelled "HOLY SHIT'.

JDSN

Banned
Saitama equating the final Attack to something childs do to its great, his body language when he realized the ninja was giving backstory. Its like a shonen with a lead that hates shonens.

sn00zer

Laughed more than any anime Ive ever seen. Anime humor generally is just kind of meh to me, but some of the one punch stuff is just clever, and sometimes damn hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom