• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fight animation is ridiculously good.

Makes me wonder what other anime studios are even doing.

I feel Mad House knows that this manga is a parody work that often outshines more serious efforts, and as such is putting all the effort into the anime to put others to shame.

Looking at you, Attack on Titan.

Puruzi

Banned
The fight animation is ridiculously good.

Makes me wonder what other anime studios are even doing.

It's not the studio though, it's the animators. Lots of the animators working on this show worked on a show that has equal if not better animation than OPM, Space Dandy. Madhouse themselves aren't responsible for the good animation.

Dahbomb

This episode gets a

ibnJhT5q4E21up.gif

out of 10.

It's not the studio though, it's the animators. Lots of the animators working on this show worked on a show that has equal if not better animation than OPM, Space Dandy. Madhouse themselves aren't responsible for the good animation.

Madhouse is pretty good at keeping a consistent production schedule but the Director has blatantly said that the good animation isn't due to budget or anything but due to talented animators

Aren't there 57 manga issues and a web comic?

Will the series have a proper conclusion?

The manga by Yuusuke Murata is an adaptation of the webcomic by ONE.

Each manga chapter varies greatly in content and page number and it releases on an unpredictable schedule. So this is most likely all we will get.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I feel Mad House knows that this manga is a parody work that often outshines more serious efforts, and as such is putting all the effort into the anime to put others to shame.

Looking at you, Attack on Titan.

Attack on Titan is more still images with lots of moving lines in the background rather than real animation.

Dawg

Will the series have a proper conclusion?

If I learned anything from reading manga and checking anime, it's that conclusions are either lightyears away or not that satisfying.

Most of the stuff I'm currently watching/reading is the former.

;-;

cool never knew that

how does this work though do animators just get contracts for series or did a bunch of those Space Dandy animators leave Bone and went to MadHouse

either way now that I know I completely see the animation influence from the last few episodes relative to Dandy

cool never knew that

how does this work though do animators just get contracts for series or did a bunch of those Space Dandy animators leave Bone and went to MadHouse

either way now that I know I completely see the animation influence from the last few episodes relative to Dandy

Most animators/directors are like contractors, yeah. They don't necessarily work for one studio but they can work with one often.

cool never knew that

Most key animators work as freelancers, not as employees of any particular studio. So they will work wherever they're asked to work. Kyoto Animation is the only studio that doesn't employ freelancers.

doop_

Banned
Episode 5 was fun not much substance apart from that amazing fight scene,but it seems to set up future plot arcs and it was hilarious. The animation is still on fucking point.over all a pretty good episode.

3Kaze

Attack on Titan is more still images with lots of moving lines in the background rather than real animation.

Funny you say that because the animator who animated most of the fight this week did a lot of key animation for AoT. AoT looks poor most of the time but it certainly nailed the action sequences.

Attack on Titan has its moments. If I had a gif I'd post it, but a few of the 3DMG scenes are pretty terrific. Those moments are much fewer than in something like OPM though

Most animators/directors are like contractors, yeah. They don't necessarily work for one studio but they can work with one often.

Most key animators work as freelancers, not as employees of any particular studio. So they will work wherever they're asked to work. Kyoto Animation is the only studio that doesn't employ freelancers.

I see.... thanks for the much needed info guys :)

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Attack on Titan has its moments. If I had a gif I'd post it, but a few of the 3DMG scenes are pretty terrific. Those moments are much fewer than in something like OPM though

Funny you say that because the animator who animated most of the fight this week did a lot of key animation for AoT. AoT looks poor most of the time but it certainly nailed the action sequences.

I agree that when Attack on Titan actually had a budget that they had some of the best animated scenes in current anime.

Sadly, those scenes were very very rare and it was usually pretty bad.

Don't like that the subs don't bother to fully translate hero nicknames.

Really nice looking fight.
Yeah, I remember cracking up the first time I read "Handsomely Masked Sweet Mask" and it's a shame that comedic element is missing from the show. It's a tiny gripe and speaks to how awesome this series is turning out to be that it's about the only thing I dislike so far.

One area I think MadHouse is killing it, though, is giving Saitama a hilarious range of expressive faces. I feel they've gone farther than Murata did in the manga adaptation.

ZCtnSdY.png
zyCOcVn.png

MDuWK4P.png
g8GEp3y.png

HCkuDBo.png
uezlg4V.png

XFefKWR.png
T6WVkQC.png

Sent

If anyone is wondering the animated sparring session came from the printed version which is slightly different: <oops>

I just saw the first 2 episodes and what on planet earth is this crazy shit

I'm dying at the mole dude trying to run away and dude just fucking appearing in the earth, I can't deal

Tuck

Yeah, I remember cracking up the first time I read "Handsomely Masked Sweet Mask" and it's a shame that comedic element is missing from the show. It's a tiny gripe and speaks to how awesome this series is turning out to be that it's about the only thing I dislike so far.

One area I think MadHouse is killing it, though, is giving Saitama a hilarious range of expressive faces. I feel they've gone farther than Murata did in the manga adaptation.

Saitama's wide range of facial expressions is one of the things I love most about the show.

Limit

Brilliant stuff! It's rare that I watch same episode of a show twice or thrice in a row (HxH, GoT) but this show is just that damn good.

Loving every moment of it

Genos v. Saitama was fucking sick. I liked this episode a lot, and I think they did Sweet Mask really well, can't wait to see some more of him later.

The comedy bits with Genos and Saitam get me every episode too, even though I know they're coming.

"Did you bring a toothbrush?"

lol

Honestly, I feel like this train has no brakes. I think I'll love every episode.

I don't know about you guys, but my favorite piece of animation was after Saitama held back on the death punch, tapped Genos on the nose, and then sauntered away with his felix the cat cartoon walk.

I just saw the first 2 episodes and what on planet earth is this crazy shit

I'm dying at the mole dude trying to run away and dude just fucking appearing in the earth, I can't deal

Welcome friend Bronson.

LeonSPBR

Goddamn that fight was awesome. Madhouse has amazing animators because this is fucking awesome. Amazing work from them.

That death punch was the highlight for me. Really wish for anime to be well animated like OPM is. Hopefully a second season will happen but that will definitely take a while.

Man the animation in this show is just so goddamn amazing, the fight scenes is the like stuff you'd see in lots of action anime movies. Fight scene was dope and Saitama's last punch was just ridiculous lol!

Also Vol.3 of the manga is coming this Tuesday on November 3rd. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom