• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anung

Un Rama
I don't think I'll ever get tired of this opening song. It's just so good.

Some great laughs as per but holy crap that scene was amazing. Mad House are killing it. I love how they portray Saitama's power.

hilarious episode

good stuff being showcased... even though this fight didn't have those extreme camera angles in the on-line version of the chapters (not the printed one)

I say it was a better attempt at it relative to the Ninja Tree scene and still it was top notch and well animated.... in a sense they kinda nailed it

Nocebo

There was a line missing from the Mosquito Girl ep where Saitama mulls over how his encounters with monsters are no longer fights in any sense; to him it's just swatting insignificant insects. It's a shame that inner monologue was cut, as it was a telling insight into how he sees all of his opponents.
Yeah, I was sad that monologue wasn't included. I thought it was a pretty good joke that he fails to swat an actual insect right after saying that.

Anyway,
Great episode.
I can't wait for episode 7 and on (I think?). One of my favorite parts of the entire comic. When
the Sea King appears! That whole "arc". Can you even call it an arc? From the bit with Stinger kicking ass up till the end with Saitama protecting the image of the other heroes. I love every bit of it.

Crocodile

I just remembered that this episode was supposed to be the outsourced episode to the DR Movie studio in Korea. I know some were concerned this might have been a "weaker" episode as a result but that clearly wasn't the case (at least for the parts that mattered). Considering how well nailed the parts that mattered were, this bodes very well for the upcoming episodes and the rest of the production :)

This episode actually had some of my favorite little animation touches, like Saitama's walk after the fight was over or him struggling to land in the background

I think it would be hilarious if one episode was just Metal Knight landing on a building. I know that would never happen but it would be still be funny

The fucking walk Saitama did after he pretend-punched Genos was the best thing about the episode.

I couldn't stop laughing.

Dude was on that YOU GON DIE move then blanked off and shuffled away like he didn't just issue a retracted force punch that moved a cliffside out of existence.

I love this show. It's already in my top 3.

This episode actually had some of my favorite little animation touches, like Saitama's walk after the fight was over or him struggling to land in the background
Yeah at first I thought they were overplaying Saitama's goofiness. The struggling to land bit was similar to how he popped up from the ground after the Asura fight. I think Madhouse is doing a great job nailing his character though, I can't fault them making Saitama's aloofness more childlike sometimes as they round it out with having his serious side on display more than I remember.

And that walk... that freakin' walk had me laughing pretty hard!

I don't remember the manga emphasizing so much that Genos was only ranked S because he has been previously observed, politics, and more than just the exam. I think that's the best addition and makes much more sense this way.

I don't remember the manga emphasizing so much that Genos was only ranked S because he has been previously observed, politics, and more than just the exam. I think that's the best addition and makes much more sense this way.

I thought it was pretty much the same as manga. Though when I read the manga I felt more like Saitama was jealous of Genos.

Tacitus_

I kinda want one but I can't decide whether I'd dare to actually wear a hoodie that has "tits" printed on it. Even if it's in japanese.

Yeah for people worrying about them not adapting the manga .gifs right the scene in the anime was better, tbh

It is great that they are expanding out the scenes and not just going by a literal and shot-for-shot adaptation of the manga. That's what Murata has been doing to ONE anyway!

Pappasman

Yeah for people worrying about them not adapting the manga .gifs right the scene in the anime was better, tbh

It is great that they are expanding out the scenes and not just going by a literal and shot-for-shot adaptation of the manga. That's what Murata has been doing to ONE anyway!
Ya I love that all three versions of OPM are unique in their own ways.

The way Saitama moves during the sparring match just speaks volumes. Madhouse has really done well.

Besides the names not being more ridiculous, I can't think of anything more that I could want from this adaptation.

Skrams

The "new" stuff in sparring is mostly just the released volumes version as I've come to find out from reading the volume. It's still great, but it's not completely their own doing. I love the gif, but the fact Murata drew new stuff for the volumes is pretty great. If this fight only included the gif and then straight to eyetracking Saitama running away then I'm sure it would of been a bit less impactful.

I'm pretty fine with them following the volumes anyway if it means extra scenes like that. I'd like to see some gif moments make it into the show, but I'm not holding my breath on it at this point.

Also after reading some of the released volumes I feel like I can see the line of how the next 7 episodes will play out. I think they can finish up with what we want easily by the end of the season. It feels like it might be tight though. I'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Permanently A

Ocf6wLF.jpg

Skrams

I'm not reading ONE's version so this might be more relevant later on in that version, but I did see a theory someplace I don't remember. This isn't really a spoiler for the anime or murata's version as far as I know since I assumed it was just a theory.

Yell at me if this isn't appropriate for this thread and I'll just delete the post immediately.

Saitama possibly gained his strength because he's turned into a monster like every other monster he's destroyed. A lot of monsters derive from the I did thing enough so now I became a monster based around thing! Saitama has been training nonstop for 3 years and ended up as you see now. They kind of even allude to it since he heard weird noises of bones popping and nonsense while he was training.

Every week I expect the quality to drop and every week they surprise me again. The sparring match took some liberties but it's great in its own regard. The finale is going to be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom