• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there going to be a season 2? I am still waiting for Murata to draw that arc, definitely my favorite after the
Boros arc

Considering its popularity and international appeal, a season 2 is absolutely possible.

The problem is the lack of Murata material to adapt. At this rate,
Garou arc
will be finished in 3 years, which is about how much material would be needed for an S2. If this is a sweeping success, Shueisha might tell Murata to hurry it up, but I feel like that seriously might kill him considering how much detail he puts into even the short chapters. Dude would need Oda's work ethic, a guy who sleeps 3 hours a night.

Yeah, it was a fairly obvious detail in the manga but unfortunately I don't think MH did the best job highlighting the fact.

my friend noticed it without me pointing it out, but he's really into the show and never takes off his eyes from the screen. Which is awesome, he hasn't been this into an anime since Attack on Titan.

LeonSPBR

Yeah, it was a fairly obvious detail in the manga but unfortunately I don't think MH did the best job highlighting the fact.

Missed this in the manga, so that surprised me. Oh well, now I have an excuse to read again OPM.

Also MH could have made better by focusing on the photo for one or two seconds. That would be more than enough.

Skrams

Another great episode as usual. They really made Spring Mustachio seem way cooler and I enjoyed his dumb defending yeyeye noises. Saitama sounding like he's about to cry a bit after Genos hair comments was pretty good too. I fucking love the touch on a rainbow from Saitama spitting his tea out too. A really nice addition that wasn't in the manga actually. I'm really sad we're at the halfway mark already, but the show should only go up from here. There's not a lot of downtime like this from here on out as far as I remember.

The music in this episode was pretty funny too. Genos having some doofy music while explaining his popularity or when Saitama was explaining how Genos should gain spiritual power. So good.

Also Tatsumaki and Fubuki added scenesssss. I like Fubuki more, but Tatsumaki being a little shit is always appreciated.

I also wonder if this who I think it is or maybe the hair is just similar?
scaredshitless.png

I'm curious how many people missed in the last episode that the hero assocation was created by the balls chin grandpa of the balls chin kid Saitama saved from the crab.
I just noticed watching again episode 5, but Saitama is the reason the Hero Association even exist. Nice going Saitama.
It's easier to miss considering he's not translated as Chinner and his picture is that of a stamp instead of 1/4 of a page.
While I enjoyed the suddenness of the ending to Sonic's little rampage, the anime didn't have quite the levels of derp that the manga did:

yo.png
This is the one thing that I felt was a little lacking with this episode. It was way too fast and I found the still frame of the manga way more funny.
Also: I feel we need to compile every Saitama face ever just cuz
This might be what you're looking for.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
Gonna second what some others are saying in here about next season. (web comic spoilers?)
About the Garou fight. I can't wait to see what animators do with that. I love when things get so epic they become weirdly abstract like in tekonkinkreet.

Though, honestly the current fight in the web comic is quickly climbing the charts as my favorite. I love that ONE keeps delivering.

Reminds me that I have to catch back up on Psycho Mob

Tizoc

Half of it was great, half of it was pretty boring with all the illuminati crap.

So are they saying that Saitama is a monster? Guess that's where he gets his powers.

We already know how he got his powers/got so strong; it was in Ep. 3.

Ascheroth

is it worth watching the anime over reading the manga?
I'd say go with the anime, because it really enhances the manga on all points. There are also no MS paint openings in the manga.
except one punch man is actually enjoyable >.>;

gintama you have to spend hours reading or watching before it gets good or so I hear... I am through ep 20 of the anime and still not there.

C4nSHuE.png

I don't think the early episodes are all that bad tbh (except 1 and 2, skip those fillers) and they are important to establish the characters and gags. The payoff is incredible.

Amazing.

Nocebo

While I enjoyed the suddenness of the ending to Sonic's little rampage, the anime didn't have quite the levels of derp that the manga did:

yo.png
I didn't like that they made the hit in the anime look like some kind of DBZ super smash attack knocking someone from the sky into the concrete, leaving a crater. Instead of a, by saitama standards, simple weak karate chop to the back of the head with a "okay, knock it off" kinda feel too it.

Jintor

I didn't like that they made the hit in the anime look like some kind of DBZ super smash attack knocking someone from the sky into the concrete, leaving a crater. Instead of a, by saitama standards, simple weak karate chop to the back of the head with a "okay, knock it off" kinda feel too it.

Uh? They exactly made it look like that. Sonic just couldn't take it is all.

Nocebo

Uh? They exactly made it look like that. Sonic just couldn't take it is all.
Uh? He got smashed out of the sky and cratered into the concrete. Whereas in the manga they're standing on the ground and the concrete just cracks a little (in Murata's version). Even if the initial action looks the same the result is different. There's a completely different feel to it. Feels like there is a lot more power put into it to the point that it feels excessive for an opponent of Sonic's caliber. Murata's version already exaggerated it a bit compared to the original and now the anime exaggerates it even more.

Jintor

Uh? He got smashed out of the sky and cratered into the concrete. Whereas in the manga they're standing on the ground and the concrete just cracks a little (in Murata's version). Even if the initial action looks the same the result is different. There's a completely different feel to it. Feels like there is a lot more power put into it to the point that it feels excessive for an opponent of Sonic's caliber. Murata's version already exaggerated it a bit compared to the original and now the anime exaggerates it even more.

Compared to the manga sure, but it still wasn't anything like a punch and the joke becomes more like "lol that's a casual knock it off to Saitama"

duckroll

Episode 6

Funny episode. Loved the cameos by the sisters. Action direction is top notch as usual, music is sogood. This series is really well produced!

Qvoth

surprised to see tatsumaki and fubuki
tatsumaki's character seems too different though?
really hope they don't change her into some tsundere character or something
wtzgU.gif

Jintor

surprised to see tatsumaki and fubuki
tatsumaki's character seems too different though?
really hope they don't change her into some tsundere character or something
wtzgU.gif

It feels more or less the same, you just don't really see a lot of tatsumaki when she's not directly being mad at saitama.

We haven't seen her
shitty ONE form
yet, huh?

duckroll

Yoshiaki Kawajiri will be storyboarding episodes 8 and 9 of One Punch Man. I guess that's going to be the entire Sea King arc? Gosei Oda is the action animation director for ep8 and Yoshimichi Kameda is the sole animation director for ep9. Probably gonna be good.

Kinyou

Part with the obsession with Fubuki and Tornado I'm sure comes down to that they are pretty much the only two female characters in the series that are worth a damn. Heck, I think even Mosquito Girl used to (or still does?) rank high in popularity polls. That was always one of the few things I didn't like about OPM. Not from a "where are the waifus?" perspective but rather a lack of gender balance. Super Hero universes, Western or Eastern, usually don't have a shortage of prominent and powerful (both in powerset and characterization) female heroes or villains (even if there are still sexism issues relating to a genre targeted more towards men than women). So it always struck me as so weird and a bit unfortunate that OPM was always such a huge sausage-fest.
Yeah it's rather noticeable in the manga. I do like that they choose to introduce them a bit earlier here.

LogicStep

So it's the animators working on this show that are very skilled. But from what I've seen most, if not all, of the Mad House animes I have watched have had really good animation.

Puruzi

Banned
So it's the animators working on this show that are very skilled. But from what I've seen most, if not all, of the Mad House animes I have watched have had really good animation.

But the ones working on this show are not madhouse regulars

Not

Banned
Man, guys, it was really nice to have at least one anime thread without waifu discussions in it for thirty-so pages. The one redeeming factor of the show's initial lack of female characters. Oh well.

This episode was a little slow, but still funny. I didn't remember the seaweed monster was in the manga until
they showed Saitama eating it, lol
. That part I remember.

Sami+

All caught up. Amazing show so far, I legitimately laughed out loud a few times, including this episode. Mustache guy was cool lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom