• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinyou

Khk4w2H.gif

i'm actually reading the ONE version again because I kinda forgot what happens afterwards
Saitama looking actually mad for once.

trejo

One Punch Man 06

So I'm just chilllin' here minding my own business and enjoying another fine episode of wanpanman when I suddenly noticed that, huh, did the show just throw in a random motherfucking Chapulín Colorado cameo?

AOTY right here, folks.

For reference

explodet

I'm up to episode 5, enjoying the hell out of it so far.

As someone who has regressed to complete anime neophyte, and I'm sorry if this is COMPLETELY obvious, me and my friend have noticed how so many characters' designs seem to have been transplanted from other series.

Mosquito Lady gave my friend Devilman vibes, Hammerhead is straight up DBZ, Sonic's scenes look like they were from a Naruto ep if you squint hard enough, and Carnage Kabuto has a little EVA going for him (although I feel his face is from something else entirely, can't put my finger on it). The parodies are so well done.

I'm looking forward to finding out other series we can and can't recognize.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
One Punch Man 06

So I'm just chilllin' here minding my own business and enjoying another fine episode of wanpanman when I suddenly noticed that, huh, did the show just throw in a random motherfucking Chapulín Colorado cameo?

AOTY right here, folks.

For reference

LOL!! I didnt notice that, and I loved Chapulin :O

I just got some background on this manga. I just saw the 'ONE' version of the manga. For some reason I find it superior to the web comic. What say you OnePunchGAF? Am I crazy? It's at times completely incoherent but still kind of understandable. Maybe it's the fact that the dude clearly is not an artist, but is clearly creative and can tell a good story.

Puruzi

Banned
I just got some background on this manga. I just saw the 'ONE' version of the manga. For some reason I find it superior to the web comic. What say you OnePunchGAF? Am I crazy? It's at times completely incoherent but still kind of understandable. Maybe it's the fact that the dude clearly is not an artist, but is clearly creative and can tell a good story.

One is the webcomic

msv

No I agree. And the dude is definitely an artist, he just didn't spend that much time on drawing onepunch man. It was just a joke/side thing until it got big.

You can see how he's amazing at storyboarding and framing and such. Most of it really stayed the same from the ONE webcomic all the way to the anime. Shows how talented he is really imo.

His expressions are excellent as well. Some of the jokes really come across best in the ONE version. Webcomic spoilers:
When Tatsumaki flips out completely. That face of hers is just amazing. I wonder how Murata will draw it, but the way he sexed her up in his redraw, I don't see him doing that justice. Would probably make her too ugly to draw for him. His redesign of Tatsumaki loses a lot because of that, compared to the webcomic. Also when Saitama just falls into that split in the ground in the latest chapter (104), it's really perfect how he drew that. Saitama is just completely silent and unperturbed when he falls.

The fight with the Subterraneans was definitely what made me fall in love with the series.

That scene was all I needed out of OPM. They could have made it a single episode and I would've been pleased.

Instead, we get 11 more :D

The fist-chest bump at the halfway point of that fight is still my favorite Saitama moment:

CompassionateHalfArachnid.gif

Jintor

No I agree. And the dude is definitely an artist, he just didn't spend that much time on drawing onepunch man. It was just a joke/side thing until it got big.

You can see how he's amazing at storyboarding and framing and such. Most of it really stayed the same from the ONE webcomic all the way to the anime. Shows how talented he is really imo.

His expressions are excellent as well. Some of the jokes really come across best in the ONE version. Webcomic spoilers:
When Tatsumaki flips out completely. That face of hers is just amazing. I wonder how Murata will draw it, but the way he sexed her up in his redraw, I don't see him doing that justice. Would probably make her too ugly to draw for him. His redesign of Tatsumaki loses a lot because of that, compared to the webcomic. Also when Saitama just falls into that split in the ground in the latest chapter (104), it's really perfect how he drew that. Saitama is just completely silent and unperturbed when he falls.

nah man Murata occasionally reverts to the ONE design when Tatsumaki is being extremely childish, just like Saitama

Thanks for the correction. I legitimately got them mixed up. I thought since it had those animated type gifs that is was the webcomic.

It is technically also a webcomic, since I think it's published on the Jump web-issues first.

mileS

I am honestly shocked at how much I am loving this show. I just finished episode 3 and I'm already dreading finishing and having to wait god knows how long for more. Fuckin incredible. Easy to snub your nose up at it when you look at the design of the character knowing nothing about the show. So glad I gave it a chance. Thanks GAF!

Qurupeke

Not sure if this was already mentioned but:
Super Serious Series Spoilers
Apparently, the aliens arc. is confirmed to be on this season!

I have a questions to manga readers, I just watched all six episodes and I do like it.

However.

1) We'll we get an explanation on Saitama's power?

2) Will he ever fight somebody as powerful as him.

3) Are there other heroes as powerful as him?

no spoilers pls. just yes and no will suffice.

thanks

I have a questions to manga readers, I just watched all six episodes and I do like it.

However.

1) We'll we get an explanation on Saitama's power?

2) Will he ever fight somebody as powerful as him.

3) Are there other heroes as powerful as him?

no spoilers pls. just yes and no will suffice.

thanks

No

Edit: To be fair, the first has already been answered! 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats and running 10 km every single day! Everyone's refusal to believe that's how he gained his strength is hilarious and a little meta. We're mirroring Genos'/Asura's reaction. :p

No
covers all three of those questions.
Edit: To be fair, the first has already been answered! 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats and running 10 km every single day! Everyone's refusal to believe that's how he gained his strength is hilarious and a little meta. We're mirroring Genos'/Asura's reaction. :p

That's... bold.

I don't have a problem with it, but it's going to be a challenge to keep things fresh and interesting if they are going with it for the entirety of the series. No answers to the big question and you will never be really challenged by anybody as a protag is something I've never seen before. props to them if they keep the quality while keeping those premises intact.

No

I refuse to believe that's the only reason he's strong af. There has to be another part to it lol.

That's... bold.

I don't have a problem with it, but it's going to be a challenge to keep things fresh and interesting if they are going with it for the entirety of the series. No answers to the big question and you will never be really challenged by anybody as a protag is something I've never seen before. props to them if they keep the quality while keeping those premises intact.

Have you read the manga or the web comic? Because it does a pretty damn good job of keeping your interest, especially the comic since the plot is further.

That's... bold.

"How is this going to work!?" is a question a lot of people ask when they learn about OPM's premise and I did too. It's a testament to ONE's writing that OnePunch has yet to grow stale in any way. We haven't seen much of this in the anime (and likely won't with so few eps remaining), but as the story progresses the focus segues more and more onto the other Heroes, and some of them are entertaining and awesome enough to man their own series. That helps as well.

Have you read the manga or the web comic? Because it does a pretty damn good job of keeping your interest, especially the comic since the plot is further.

No I haven't, what's the difference between those 2? I thought like the majority of animations they are adapting this from a Manga that's further ahead, that's why I asked to manga readers in my previous posts. and there is also a web comic? is it official? canon? what is it? side story/complement the anime?

"How is this going to work!?" is a question a lot of people ask when they learn about OPM's premise and I did too. It's a testament to ONE's writing that OnePunch has yet to grow stale in any way. We haven't seen much of this in the anime (and likely won't with so few eps remaining), but as the story progresses the focus segues more and more onto the other Heroes, and some of them are entertaining and awesome enough to man their own series. That helps as well.

Ok then, I'll keep watching, so far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom