• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

V-Faction

Christ, just punch me now. The wait for more OPM content in ALL forms is so excruciating. Feels like I'm on a 2-year time skip boat ride.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
So far my favorite thing about this series besides its satirical nature is the way Saitama goes between derp mode and supreme badass mode.

One-Punch-Man-Anime-Twitter-Icon-Saitama-2.jpg
one_punch_man_saitama_by_jin_of_crimson-d8o8rdb.jpg

It represents both parts of his character (depressed loser and strongest man in the world) so well. The concept of a character that is both of those things is amazing on its own but the way its represented like this makes it even better. The best part is how generically shonen he looked

before going bald, and how he subverted that part of his character almost right away.

Episode 6 is up next. The fact that this is only a 12 episode series is going to burn eventually, but it can't be helped. It's been forever since a new anime has been this amusing.

Oh please.

Sasuke Uchiha can solo all of those fools.

Yonafunu

So I noticed something weird in the OP and went throught it a little bit slower. If you pause it at the right time (after the title flash and just before the background turns into Earth) this frame comes up:

which is pretty creepy

did you miss the one of Saitama and more manga badasses walking looking menacing and the shonen protags are terrifed?

I mean like this overall structure. The common trope of shonen fighter with a "wait what" face because the opponent is right behind them in blistering speed. When I read Bleach, this was done sooooo damn much to "raise the stakes" it just became routine.

but true to form, Saitama face makes it funny, especially with a characters that's known to be OP as well . That's what I meant.

I don't know, can't sasuke use that eye technique where the dudes get mentally tortured for 72 hours? Is saitama's mind strong enough to handle all that?

Gag character > serious character

it's as simple as that dude. They can come up with a million reasons as to why a gag character can win or isn't affected by something.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
72 hours of torture is nothing compared to 100 pushups every day and losing your hair.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The real star of this episode was Saitama's facial expressions. And I have to admit, I actually enjoyed Spring Mustache. He felt like something out of One Piece.

We need a OneXPieceXMan crossover comic

Is it time for the thread to devolve into power level wanking?

Anyway Saitama is a gag character so he can beat pretty much anyone. Jotaro from that image would also wreck em, he would only need 4 seconds

Kieli

Anyway Saitama is a gag character so he can beat pretty much anyone. Jotaro from that image would also wreck em, he would only need 4 seconds

Best wanking. Nothing gets me juicier than tiers and vs. battles.

jwk94

So I just started this yesterday.....and caught up today. All the Facebook videos of Saitama doing funny crap finally made me check this out and I'm glad I did. This show is the perfect mix of badass and hilarious. On that note, is the Sound dude voiced by Sasuke's Japanese VA? And is he supposed to be a Sasuke parody?

DonMigs85

Saitama was pretty strong even as a rejected salaryman. He ripped out Crablante's eye and guts pretty effortlessly, and also survived getting struck pretty far.

Nocebo

No not that. I meant about the punch at the end of the OP. It ain't a Dragonball homage kinda.
The fight it belongs to is tho.
It ain't a Dragonball homage "kinda"? In this animation it is pretty clearly a nod to the Kamehameha. The zoom in on the eye. The stance. Hands together. The one open hand, like holding a ball. The soundtrack also sounds a bit like "kamehameha" without actually saying the exact words.

Qvoth

No not that. I meant about the punch at the end of the OP. It ain't a Dragonball homage kinda.
The fight it belongs to is tho.

ehh i dunno, that final boss goddess (don't remember the name) might be able to beat saitama

and i think the lyric is "i wanna be such a hero"

Puruzi

Banned
It ain't a Dragonball homage "kinda"? In this animation it is pretty clearly a nod to the Kamehameha. The zoom in on the eye. The stance. Hands together. The one open hand, like holding a ball. The soundtrack also sounds a bit like "kamehameha" without actually saying the exact words.

It's not, but going into why it isn't is a manga spoiler.

Chariot

What if Saaaaskeeeee used illusions on Saitama that make him live through the agony of missing 1 million supermarket sales?

yarden24

Saitama was pretty strong even as a rejected salaryman. He ripped out Crablante's eye and guts pretty effortlessly, and also survived getting struck pretty far.

Yah I thought about that too, its why I don't think the training is what granted him his powers, it.only enhanced them

Hypron

Kenshiro would also wreck them, Hokuto Shinken is OP as fuck and does pretty much everything :p

Power level wanking is still better than waifu discussions anyway

Nocebo

It's not, but going into why it isn't is a manga spoiler.
I beg to differ because
the move in the intro is subtly different from what's in the manga. As are many other things in the anime, by the way. This difference is what makes it a nod to the kamehameha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom