• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Murata almost died? WTF? Glad he pulled through whatever the fuck happened there.

I was also not expecting that color scheme for
Boros

Daisuki is a platform built by the major Japanese companies involved in the anime industry. They've been trying very hard to push it as the defacto "main" platform for legal anime streaming worldwide for a while now, with little success because Crunchyroll has such a strong foothold. So they're trying harder now with more timed exclusives. Maybe they should instead consider that what people prefer is easy of use, and build a better site and have console/mobile apps for it too. :p

i can understand not wanting it on CR, but isnt Funimation pretty corporate ,no?

farisr

So randomly a friend asked about OPM because he saw something on reddit. I said I knew about it, but hadn't watched the anime yet as I usually like to sit until quite a number of episodes have built up and a good amount of reactions came in, but I did remember enjoying the little comic strip I read of OPM vs Vegeta.

So a bunch of friends were over today and we couldn't think of anything else to do, decided on checking out an ep of OPM. Now mind you, this is not a normal thing, the only thing anime we watch together is dbz abridged when a new one is out, and a bit of the bleach dub one bored day (the rukia arc). So this was a surprise already that these guys were all willing to try this out.

We ended up marathoning through all 6 episodes. So damn good. Really glad mad house is the studio for the animation. Nearly all episodes have a well-animated fight that could be a climactic moment in other anime, but they do this ep after ep, it's impressive. Also I have a wide taste in comedy so I enjoy a lot of anime comedy, these guys don't, especially one of them, but even he was enjoying the comedy in the show.

So now we have a new thing to look forward to each time we chill. At least for the next 6 weeks or so if the 12 episode number I'm seeing for this anime is correct.

jediyoshi

Sooo, OPM is pretty much locked for being AotY 2015 right?

JLfHOPE.gif

Dahbomb

OPM gonna win it though this year had some good anime in it.

Or it won't and Prison School will win it instead because reasons.

Skrams

What time does the anime usually release? Is it right now or Sunday night? East coast by the way.

Sunday 12:35 EST I think if everything goes right? Sometimes earlier or later depending on daisuki or hulu putting it up early or something another.

And I'm too slow.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Episode 7 was definitely the weakest. Seemed like they were stretching out the point to take up time.

Sayad

OPM gonna win it though this year had some good anime in it.

Or it won't and Prison School will win it instead because reasons.
Love Prison School manga and thought there was nothing special about the anime! Don't think it's anywhere near as popular as OPM too. Season 2 should be much better though.

The finer details that made the Meteor arc stand out are almost entirely absent in the anime, sadly. The meteor reveal and Metal Knight's intro, two hyped gif moments from the manga, don't quite live up to Murata's panels. Saitama's takeoff is much more subdued and Bang displaying a bit of his power protecting Genos is entirely absent. All of that, and Saitama's response to the crowd, gives ep 7 a unique spot being the only episode that drags while feeling like a disappointment by the end.

This is the calm before the storm, though. So I'm not going to nitpick too hard.

Crocodile

Metal Knight's entrance wasn't as swageffirc as I would have liked (Boo) and I think Saitama's response to the crowd could have been given a bit more oomph but otherwise I thought this was a very good episode. I can't say I disagree that the second half dragged a bit but I don't really think there was that much time they could have been saved while hitting all the important notes. Would 3 minutes into the Sea King Arc really been satisfying right now? Maybe they could have covered a bit about
Sonic in Prison
?

Skrams

I expected this arc to last more than an episode honestly. I didn't feel like it dragged much at all. It's certainly hard for me to call it the weakest.

I guess I might just like that moment with Saitama with the mob a lot. Genos restraining him a bit at the end and a Oh yeah? feels super good to me. Genos continuing to support Saitama and say he'll continue to follow him makes my heart melt a bit. Saitama's little grin too. I pictured Saitama's yelling to be louder in that scene, but the fan translations also colored up the language with Give Up being Fuck You I think? Saitama also told the guy complaining about his car/house to shut the fuck up in that version, so maybe that's just what I picture it as.

I am a bit bummed that Bang didn't get to show off his Water Polo skills with Genos.

I can't really be annoyed at the gifs being gone when they're just not present in the retail volumes. Genos arm suitcase is there because it exists in the volumes, but most of the other stuff is chopped down so they didn't seem to animate it as hard.

But fuck next episode is going to get me rock hard. Deep Sea King LET'S GO.

Tunahead

I think
Sea King
is a bit hefty for just an episode and a half. The way I see it, they probably pushed the start of it to the next episode because they want to give
Sea King's battle against a true hero
as much run-time as possible.

Seriously though if they don't do justice to
Sea King vs you know who I'm talking about if you read the manga
then I am just going to type SO MANY words.

sn00zer

Im curious if they felt like they really only got one shot with this anime. So they crammed as much as they could, due to fer of not getting a chance for another season.

It needs to be two episodes minimum. I'd be comfortable with 3, honestly.
Only five episodes left. I imagine the King will get eps 8 & 9 and Boros the remaining. I'd even be fine with the Sea King only getting an ep and a half if it meant more time for the final arc of the series.

Aww guys I liked the episode. It's perfectly fine to have a breather before the "Big" arc, and the touching sentiment that's established here is something that'll resonate reaaally well come the aftermath of what's about to come.

Russ T

Banned
I shouldn't read this thread before watching the episode. Went in expecting something lackluster, came out grinning.

Good episode! Not strong animation-wise, but super strong character-wise. Genos is best bro. <3

Weakest episode yet, Saitama doesn't care about public opinion yet wants a fan base so I don't know what his end game is.

There's more nuance to him shouting at the crowds than just the words he says. People don't always say exactly what they mean, and sometimes they say the exact opposite. In this case, he got angry and snapped at people with words he didn't actually probably want to say.

There's evidence sprinkled throughout the series that he's not a happy person. Depression does unfortunate things to your sense of rationality when dealing with people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom