• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_nxvh40T1C21tmp8rdo1_r1_540.gif

Kyaaah~ Genos-kun!!!

Not many S class Heroes can one-man Dragon class threats, and the meteor didn't exactly play well to Bang's particular skillset to begin with.

Now my boy Metal Bat
would have FLCL'd that meteor right back into space
. I can not wait till he debuts in the anime.

Metal Bat is amazing. I love his character so much.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
This is a manga thread? So many manga panels to scroll through..

The anime makes me dislike the series more and more screw the writer for continuing to power down genos for reasons no one understands just to make saitama with his dull punching more powerful. Genos should be the star!!!

I did laugh when he rushed to write down that standard line from Saitama.

*lays down a decoy down to distract the DTL*

(It's a Genos yaoi doujin !)

*walks past the DTL undetected*

Skrams

He's quickly becoming one of my favorites in the manga. Hopefully he has some cool scenes in the anime.

I hope his VA can do him justice. I haven't heard much of the VAs work besides what he did in HxH as Shaiapouf. Except that character was prim and proper instead of a banchou, so I don't know what to expect.

A just in case spoilered gif of Metal Bat strutting too.

Does the "web version" of the manga use literal gifs?

Nope

Some chapters are literally just 15 pages in a row of animation that get turned into gifs by people.

I hope his VA can do him justice. I haven't heard much of the VAs work besides what he did in HxH as Shaiapouf. Except that character was prim and proper instead of a banchou, so I don't know what to expect.

A just in case spoilered gif of Metal Bat strutting too.

Nope

Some chapters are literally just 15 pages in a row of animation that get turned into gifs by people.
I think MB is fair game without delving into details. He's one of the first Heroes we see in the anime:

tumblr_nw2lb6Qcdh1ud7x1po1_250.png

I really, really hope his VA does a good job. His personality and appearance seems like a homage to Yusuke Urameshi and Kuwabara from YuYu Hakusho and I'd love to see that translate well to the anime. But the entire cast has been blowing it out of the water so far, up to Bang and Metal Knight from ep7. So many elements of this show are just perfect.

Also, that gif is even better set to the Bee Gees. It's timed so well I'm going to imagine Murata was listening to this while drawing it. :p

Coulda sworn there was at least one gif in the webcomic. It's not the animated compilations that fans made, but there was some 4th wall breaking via gifs, IIRC.

4th wall?

You might be thinking of when Genos told Saitama he'll be dropped from the Association if he doesn't do any hero work in a week. Which was episode 6 in the anime. You see the speech bubbles fly past the reader as it zooms on his reaction.

That too was a flip book-ish, so I don't know if that's what you mean.

Permanently A

The anime makes me dislike the series more and more screw the writer for continuing to power down genos for reasons no one understands just to make saitama with his dull punching more powerful. Genos should be the star!!!

Genos gets like a new upgrade every other episode. He had that Iron Man briefcase thing this episode.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
4th wall?

You might be thinking of when Genos told Saitama he'll be dropped from the Association if he doesn't do any hero work in a week. Which was episode 6 in the anime. You see the speech bubbles fly past the reader as it zooms on his reaction.

That too was a flip book-ish, so I don't know if that's what you mean.

naw it was like a rumble...like an earthquake was happening and everything was shaking around, including their dialogue bubbles making them hard to read.

Not many S class Heroes can one-man Dragon class threats, and the meteor didn't exactly play well to Bang's particular skillset to begin with.

Now my boy Metal Bat
would have FLCL'd that meteor right back into space
. I can not wait till he debuts in the anime.

Metal Bat
doesn't have a single strong attack to achieve that imo. More like multiple attacks to bring down a dragon level threat.

What's that freaking bat made out of anyway?

Yonafunu

Try not to talk about the manga beyond what has already been adapted?

You mean the rule everybody's been ignoring since page one?

Let's be real, this has been a terrible thread for non-manga readers that don't want to get spoiled. I mean damn, we're actually posting designs for endgame characters here.

Let's be real, this has been a terrible thread for non-manga readers that don't want to get spoiled.

Well at least OPM is hardly plot heavy or full of twists, the HxH and JoJo threads were worse

And even I have broken that a few times. People ask questions and I try to give answers.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Genos getting new ugrade and still getting rekt is pretty much a running gag at this point. Poor Genos (lol)

Ep.7 was great. I love seeing Saitama beating tanktop brother and told the crowd that he don't give a shit.

Yonafunu

Well at least OPM is hardly plot heavy or full of twists, the HxH and JoJo threads were worse

And even I have broken that a few times. People ask questions and I try to give answers.

I don't really care anymore, since this thread seems to be primarily manga-readers anyway, but it's still annoying.

But the proper thing to do when someone asks a question would probably be to just PM them, instead of posting manga spoilers in an anime thread.

Let's be real, this has been a terrible thread for non-manga readers that don't want to get spoiled. I mean damn, we're actually posting designs for endgame characters here.
Nothing has been posted that wasn't revealed in the promo images or vids or that has not already been seen in the anime. I've been absolutely careful in that and from what I have seen so has everyone else. No one is discussing story elements coming up in episodes or plot spoilers for characters.

Mentioning Metal Bat, for instance, is no more of a spoiler than the OP having Bang, Tatsumaki or Licences-less Rider with character descriptions in the first post. If you're an anime only watcher, you don't know anything about him other than he is an S class. The same thing you would've found out before the anime even officially aired in promotional material.

No one is spoiling anything.

Yonafunu

Nothing has been posted that wasn't revealed in the promo images or vids or that has not already been seen in the anime. I've been absolutely careful in that and from what I have seen so has everyone else. No one is discussing story elements coming up in episodes or plot spoilers for characters.

Mentioning Metal Bat, for instance, is no more of a spoiler than the OP having Bang, Tatsumaki or Licences-less Rider with character descriptions in the first post. If you're an anime only watcher, you don't know anything about him other than he is an S class. The same thing you would've found out before the anime even officially aired in promotional material.

No one is spoiling anything.

Like I said, it doesn't really matter to me, but technically we shouldn't be talking about Metal Bat at all, since he hasn't been in the anime at all aside from one frame on a monitor somewhere. But rules like this are different in every thread based on the posters, and there don't seem to be any problems here, so I'm fine with whatever.

Posting the
Boros
and
Sea King
designs was a bit much though, imo, since the image spoiler doesn't seem to work on mobile. so those show up completely if you're browsing on mobile.

Posting the
Boros
and
Sea King
designs was a bit much though, imo, since the image spoiler doesn't seem to work on mobile. so those show up completely if you're browsing on mobile.

See I would hardly consider those spoilers. I put Bang and Tatsumaki in the OP because they had character sheets but they didn't show up for 6 or 7 episodes

Russ T

Banned
The problem is when people post spoilers, and someone's already seen the latest episode, and they assume all the spoilers are going to be pertinent to what they just watched, and oops now they know Saitama built a nuke and destroyed the hero association.

Puruzi

Banned
The problem is when people post spoilers, and someone's already seen the latest episode, and they assume all the spoilers are going to be pertinent to what they just watched, and oops now they know Saitama built a nuke and destroyed the hero association.

It's not like anything from recently aired episodes are spoilered though

Like they're spoilered for maybe an hour, and then stuff is posted about the episode without bars

Yonafunu

See I would hardly consider those spoilers. I put Bang and Tatsumaki in the OP because they had character sheets but they didn't show up for 6 or 7 episodes

This is why every thread works differently with regards to this sorta thing. I consider characters spoilers, even just designs, especially if they're endgame material.

The way I see it, if there are to be strict rules, anything that hasn't aired yet is off-limits. It's simply the easiest and clearest way to prevent spoilers or confusion about what to post. But, again, every thread and community is different.

Finalow

show keeps delivering and I had no doubts.

waiting to see Mob Psycho 100 (if they will ever bother to adapt ONE's drawings, which are slightly better in MP100) and then I guess I'm done with anime

The character designs for the anime versions of
Boros and Sea King
are out!! I think MadHouse actually made them look better than Murata's adapation. I approve!
-
not really a fan of that white/pink but I'm looking forward to see that arc animated.

VariantX

Genos gets upgrades left and right, damn near every time we see him hes sporting some new arms. Its just that the threats get exponentially bigger every time shit goes down.

Russ T

Banned
It's not like anything from recently aired episodes are spoilered though

Like they're spoilered for maybe an hour, and then stuff is posted about the episode without bars

Early on there were a lot of spoilers about where the anime was going to end.

Hell, there still are.

This is why every thread works differently with regards to this sorta thing. I consider characters spoilers, even just designs, especially if they're endgame material.

The way I see it, if there are to be strict rules, anything that hasn't aired yet is off-limits. It's simply the easiest and clearest way to prevent spoilers or confusion about what to post. But, again, every thread and community is different.

There have been multiple people asking for a cease and desist regarding manga spoilers in this thread. But everyone just ignored them and carried on doing whatever made them happy.

Puruzi

Banned
Early on there were a lot of spoilers about where the anime was going to end.

Hell, there still are.

No, I agree with that, I was just saying that if it has a spoiler bar, it's easier to assume it's a manga spoiler, because people don't usually spoil what happened in anime episodes

Russ T

Banned
No, I agree with that, I was just saying that if it has a spoiler bar, it's easier to assume it's a manga spoiler, because people don't usually spoil what happened in anime episodes

Oh, I see what you're saying. You're right, it's not super common, but I've definitely seen it. For example, it's fairly common for people (people in this case meaning "I do it, so I must not be the only one!") to spoiler-mark something if it JUST came out so someone who hasn't quite realized won't be spoiled before they watch it.

And even ignoring that, the whole thing sort of falls apart when someone spoils something about an episode an hour before it airs, and then someone else spoilers something about the manga fifty chapters ahead in response, and etc etc, then they go back and read and oops. There are plenty of potential situations where someone might be spoiled on something years away without expecting it.

Basically I think it's kinda rude to keep talking about the manga when people have asked for that to go away.

Personally, I... I have no problem being spoiled. My opinion is that if a spoiler ruins something, it wasn't good to begin with. But I know a lot do care, so I try not to do it!

Puruzi

Banned
Oh, I see what you're saying. You're right, it's not super common, but I've definitely seen it. For example, it's fairly common for people (people in this case meaning "I do it, so I must not be the only one!") to spoiler-mark something if it JUST came out so someone who hasn't quite realized won't be spoiled before they watch it.

And even ignoring that, the whole thing sort of falls apart when someone spoils something about an episode an hour before it airs, and then someone else spoilers something about the manga fifty chapters ahead in response, and etc etc, then they go back and read and oops. There are plenty of potential situations where someone might be spoiled on something years away without expecting it.

Basically I think it's kinda rude to keep talking about the manga when people have asked for that to go away.

Personally, I... I have no problem being spoiled. My opinion is that if a spoiler ruins something, it wasn't good to begin with. But I know a lot do care, so I try not to do it!
Yeah, I agree, I've been trying to cut down on how much I talk about the manga, and if I do, I say that it's a manga spoiler in the post
Since this is OPM, we need spoiler threat levels, like threat level Murata and threat level ONE.
I like this

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
GOD level spoiler:

One Punch Man gonna win AOTY.

Naw breh. It's all bout dat Lance N' Masques! Other animes, if they can even call themselves that in the presence of greatness, need not apply. I won't throw these words lightly but AnimeGAF's only chance at redemption and final opportunity to prove to the rest of the civilized world they have some level of taste that can rise up to the level of an amoeba is to pretend like its even capable of making the easiest of decisions and awarding Lance N' Masques AotY. It's definitely in my top three of all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom