• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sealed

Banned
I wonder, how big is the influence of non-Japanese watchers, now with services like Crunchyroll or Daisuki? Is there any discernible effect/change?

On an unrelated note, having caught up to the ONE webcomic (massive ONE webcomic spoilers):
We can assume that all of Saitama's moves against Garou were not full power (he was going easy on him), right? It seemed pretty clear but since it was never made explicit..

idk, but I can't imagine it's that big compared to the japanese market

also
Saitama definitely didn't fight Garou at full power. He only used one "Serious Series" move (maybe two, i don't remember). Also, Garou was getting weaker as the fight went on. Saitama even says afterwards that he was never trying to kill Garou, which to me was pretty much that he wasn't even really trying. Same as against Boros.

that was such a good fight though. I really like that arc.

I wonder, how big is the influence of non-Japanese watchers, now with services like Crunchyroll or Daisuki? Is there any discernible effect/change?

On an unrelated note, having caught up to the ONE webcomic (massive ONE webcomic spoilers):
We can assume that all of Saitama's moves against Garou were not full power (he was going easy on him), right? It seemed pretty clear but since it was never made explicit..

Saitama won't kill humans, so no, he wasn't trying.

Nightbird

It was kinda like against Boros, where he put more strength in his attacks, but was still testing how durable the enemy is.

And since we are already talking about it

Did I understood correctly that Saitama didn't hurt Garo badly but rather broke his spirit since Saitama kept outdoing him no matter how much he powered up in order to beat the hero in front of him?

That's how I interpret it.

Sealed

Banned
It was kinda like against Boros, where he put more strength in his attacks, but was still testing how durable the enemy is.

And since we are already talking about it

Did I understood correctly that Saitama didn't hurt Garo badly but rather broke his spirit since Saitama kept outdoing him no matter how much he powered up in order to beat the hero in front of him?

That's how I interpret it.
Yeah, that sounds about right to me. Also, Saitama is basically the opposite of what a hero should be, according to Garou, so that also played a big role in it. His whole ideology was getting flipped upside down by Saitama.

DeaviL

Banned
It's pretty obvious when Saitama goes all out.
It's called the "Serious series" moves.

And even then i wonder if Saitama is actually going all out.

Sealed

Banned
just skimming the end of the last arc in the comic again...

Do you think ONE will ever address the "God" figure that the Homeless emperor talks to again? Do you think Homeless Emperor was just insane? What was going on there?

Geist-

Do you think ONE will ever address the "God" figure that the Homeless emperor talks to again? Do you think Homeless Emperor was just insane? What was going on there?

Not sure if it's supposed to be obvious, but I'm pretty sure that that was just setting up the major villain for the next arc.

hohoXD123

I'd be very surprised if he didn't. If he can grant and take away Dragon-level powers then chances are he's going to be the first confirmed God-level disaster. The most likely candidate for the doom prophecy so far imo.

somedevil

The big major thing he is teasing is big spoiler
what did Psykos see in the future that drove her insane and want to kill off the human species? Was it "God" or whatever Metal Knight is up to.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If you're patient you could probably just use this thread once the anime is over in a few weeks.

Demoli

I'd be very surprised if he didn't. If he can grant and take away Dragon-level powers then chances are he's going to be the first confirmed God-level disaster. The most likely candidate for the doom prophecy so far imo.

The doom prophecy was clearly Boros. He had a prophecy of his own. That entire arc was "prophecies suck"

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Just wanted to comment on last page's OPM game idea. There was a Superman game that actually had a good mechanic, had it been fleshed out more. The point of the game was to take down villains, but the health bar was actually the city's health bar. This makes the most sense considering Superman would always hold back or do his best to protect his city and also considering giving superman a health bar has always been a dumb idea.

A great way to flesh this out would be, instead of endless/mindless fighting like a musou, change the story up a bit and add objectives for Saitama to do, in order to climb through the ranks of Hero Corp. You'd go from saving cats to stopping burglars, etc. Depending on how good you do it, events might progress differently with the people around you.

You'd also have to try and make sure to get people to know who you are and make sure to keep your fan club growing. In regards to relationships with the heroes, it would work like a mix of Persona dialogue system/Telltale one. As you climb through the ranks and missions become harder, you'd have to worry about saving people and heroes/making sure they don't die on their health bar instead of worrying about your own health, because you're just about invincible anyway. Also, things could be mixed up in the future by adding elements like sending out lower tiered heroes on jobs and making sure they complete them to help the city's status.

This is all just an idea but if fleshed out, it would make the game stay varied, fresh and fun while not breaking the canon nor making it yet another musou or fighting game.

hohoXD123

The doom prophecy was clearly Boros. He had a prophecy of his own. That entire arc was "prophecies suck"

I'm not so sure, especially after the stuff about Psykos going crazy after seeing into the future. Plus Boros was not God level, and they're the ones which are a danger to the Earth.

ArjanN

Why do people refuse to accept that this is a gag series.

Probably because it would be better than most non-gag action series if it wasn't.

I can't help but feel that way to some degree. IMO the main joke will get old eventually, and the nature of it being a gag manga ultimately kind of undermines any sort of real drama or tension.

Maedhros

It was great reading this topic, but I'm already seeing discussions about Tatsumaki's design and how they should change it and all this bullshit that I hate, so I'm out.

It was great reading this topic, but I'm already seeing discussions about Tatsumaki's design and how they should change it and all this bullshit that I hate, so I'm out.

image.php

Reset

I'm not so sure, especially after the stuff about Psykos going crazy after seeing into the future. Plus Boros was not God level, and they're the ones which are a danger to the Earth.

Boros Broly is God level. He was able to wipe out a single city in an instant. If Saitama wasn't there, I'm sure all the S class heroes there would have gotten their ass kicked.

Another mug. Want. >:eek:

Edit:

Probably because it would be better than most non-gag action series if it wasn't.

I can't help but feel that way to some degree. IMO the main joke will get old eventually, and the nature of it being a gag manga ultimately kind of undermines any sort of real drama or tension.
And yet well beyond where the anime will end this has yet to happen. The story has only grown progressively more entertaining.

Editedit:

God level threats are those capable of ending Humanity and LB is clearly in this league even before he revealed his trump card and unquestionably so after.

Sealed

Banned
for a gag series though, OPM has really great writing

ONE really has a knack for this kind of thing. Mob psycho is great too.

edit:

I wonder if we'll see Garou again some day. It would be cool to see him and Saitama team up.

sonicmj1

Funny enough, the chief animation director Chikashi Kubota was talking on Twitter about how that shot was not in the storyboard, and when he became aware that the animator assigned to the relevant cut had decided to draw that shot he told that animator that people on the Internet would screencap it and make a big fuss about it. And he was right!

Reminds me of the director of Girls und Panzer trying to keep his animators from drawing any panty shots in the show.

Chariot

Is there something magical about drawing panties? Seems to be just unnecessary work if it isn't what you're supposed to draw.

Not

Banned
Can we please get a dedicated fucking thread for the One webcomic???? Or the webcomic and manga combined.

These black bars are killing me, I'm reading Murata's version only. The comics are popular enough, someone should go for it.

Chariot

I assume that if panties are drawn and nobody told them to, that the animators just like panties
Fair point, but I somehow imagine animators trying desperately to fight their inner panty demons every day.

Must. Not. Draw. Panties.

Can we please get a dedicated fucking thread for the One webcomic???? Or the webcomic and manga combined.

These black bars are killing me, I'm reading Murata's version only. The comics are popular enough, someone should go for it.
If nobody does until I finished sleeping I an doing a bad low effort one. So somebody better get moving.

Chase17

I'm really loving this show. Bummed that there are only a few episodes left. Is there any anime that can fill the OPM hole when it's over (I've only ever watched a few different anime and not sure where to look for other good shows).

manfestival

If I was the author of one punch man. I would kill off mumen rider in the most brutal way. I hate him, his stupid bike, and everything that he stands for.

Alucrid

Banned
wait so how does the anime / manga / webcomic all fall into place. i'm watching the anime, haven't read the manga, but it sounds like i also don't want to read to webcomic as of yet unless i can catch up with the manga? although it looks like the manga isn't even caught up to the anime yet in terms of english releases

wait so how does the anime / manga / webcomic all fall into place. i'm watching the anime, haven't read the manga, but it sounds like i also don't want to read to webcomic as of yet unless i can catch up with the manga? although it looks like the manga isn't even caught up to the anime yet in terms of english releases

The webcomic is the original, then comes the manga adaptation, and finally the anime that adapts the manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom