• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dio

Banned
it's really weird to me that there's no goddamn OPM merch as far as I can find anywhere in actual stores. Are they not pushing it? I went down to osaka denden town and a few random stores in kyoto the other day and couldn't find a goddamn thing. I know it's still airing but even himouto had merch lined up from the get-go.

I watched the OVA, and the pacing was horrendous, but the old guy was kinda cool.

I was in a couple stores in Tokyo and when I visited Nagano that had these Saitama plates:

http://aitaikimochi.storenvy.com/co...one-punch-man-ichiban-kuji-saitama-plate-rare

Chase17

qWTTSmu.jpg
I laughed.

The manga is still going without massive breaks, right? How long do you guys think it'll be until the current arc is finished?
Well, much like ONE, Murata updates fairly slowly. On top of that, he isn't following ONE's version exactly. We still have to see the conclusion of a filler arc and the current focus on MB. Between all of that and whatever side stories we get along the way, it's going to be awhile before he's done with the second major arc.

Well, much like ONE, Murata updates fairly slowly. On top of that, he isn't following ONE's version exactly. We still have to see the conclusion of a filler arc and the current focus on MB. Between all of that and whatever side stories we get along the way, it's going to be awhile before he's done with the second major arc.

Wait, the manga is doing a fill arc? Why?

kewlmyc

The manga is still going without massive breaks, right? How long do you guys think it'll be until the current arc is finished?

In the remake? 2 years minimum. Garou's arc is like half or 1/3 of the original manga, plus that's considering the remake is adding stuff and we haven't even gotten to the meat and potatoes of the Garou arc in the remake. We're still somewhere towards the beginning of it.

Calling it filler probably gives it a negative connotation. The story is still being written by ONE, AFAIK. I imagine Murata's pass on OPM is giving them a chance to flesh out the story and to explore ideas in different areas.

So they don't catch up to the webcomic too quickly, it's like a reverse anime thing.

But yeah not really fillers because ONE is writing.
Fair enough.

In the remake? 2 years minimum. Garou's arc is like half or 1/3 of the original manga, plus that's considering the remake is adding stuff and we haven't even gotten to the meat and potatoes of the Garou arc in the remake. We're still somewhere towards the beginning of it.
Hmm, don't know if I would want them to wait for the Manga to finish this arc first or if I would want them to just go on with the original webcomic as the base. How close to catching up to the webcomic is the manga?

Also is there a place I can read all of the original webcomic in English?

CDiggity

Were there flaws? Absolutely, but I think they got what I consider to be the important stuff down.

Time to wait another week I guess.

kyo2004

Metal Bat Animation in this cap = GOD Tier...

And that cliffhanger... so EPIC!!!

BTW... some info on staff for this 2 eps...

Episode Director(Storyboard)/Animation Director/Chief Animation Director #11: Yousuke Hatta(Yoshiaki Kawajiri)/Se-Jun Kim、Shosuke Ishiibashi / Chikashi Kubota #12: Shingo Natsume/Chikashi Kubota

The Flash

Banned
Started watching the show after seeing Saitama avatars show up on GAF. Love it. Love it so much I actually got the first volume of the manga.

Trickster

WTF, didn't they skip some stuff in the Boros fight if that is starting point ?

Edit - Checking quickly, they didn't skip any boros stuff, but they definitely changed the order of scenes from the manga.

Trickster

Also, everytime an episode is about to end and you just know it, and then that fucking chill music start. Everytime my reaction is just to shout noooo in real life, it's such a sad moment, every. single. time.

WTF, didn't they skip some stuff in the Boros fight if that is starting point ?

Edit - Checking quickly, they didn't skip any boros stuff, but they definitely changed the order of scenes from the manga.

Yeah, they just had a weird order to events. All the events happened as they did in the manga, Geluganshoop just wasn't in the throne room when he was killed.

But man, the OK moment was absolutely perfect.

That and I think people can see now why Tatsumaki is #2 (though it was a bit funny that as soon as she was done, she didn't help against Melzagaard).

I also got a stupid amount of humor out of Sonic's radio saying "Nin-Nin"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom