• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puruzi

Banned
wait so how does the anime / manga / webcomic all fall into place. i'm watching the anime, haven't read the manga, but it sounds like i also don't want to read to webcomic as of yet unless i can catch up with the manga? although it looks like the manga isn't even caught up to the anime yet in terms of english releases

webcomic came first, furthest along
Manga is a redraw, not caught up to the webcomic
anime is the anime

Sealed

Banned
I wish the OST was available lol

me too, i'd buy it in a heartbeat. it would be the only ost i've ever bought lol

Mumen rider is just a basic C class hero. Come on fellas, even Saitama is a B class. Just proves how worthless mumen is.

Saitama is only B class because he failed his written exam, and the society thought he might have been cheating on the physical test

but yes, every hero below A Class (besides Fubuki I guess), are pretty much useless above level Wolf threat, maybe B class could handle Tiger

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Black bars, black bars everywhere. Sayonara, OPM OT. I'll see you after ep 12.

Crocodile

tatsumaki_by_neoartcore-d9jj80p.jpg

Source
Good fanart is good fanart yo. This seems pretty unobjectionable too

Also thought this was good

Funny enough, the chief animation director Chikashi Kubota was talking on Twitter about how that shot was not in the storyboard, and when he became aware that the animator assigned to the relevant cut had decided to draw that shot he told that animator that people on the Internet would screencap it and make a big fuss about it. And he was right!

ayyyy lmao

I'm really loving this show. Bummed that there are only a few episodes left. Is there any anime that can fill the OPM hole when it's over (I've only ever watched a few different anime and not sure where to look for other good shows).

I know some people would disagree with me, but I think Tiger & Bunny is a good thing to recommend to OPM fans, though it's not as good. Also has a super hero association thing going on.

I'd also say Gurren Lagann.

I'm really loving this show. Bummed that there are only a few episodes left. Is there any anime that can fill the OPM hole when it's over (I've only ever watched a few different anime and not sure where to look for other good shows).

Another work of ONE's called Mob Psycho 100 is getting an adaptation soon so you wont have to wait long.

Sealed

Banned
that tats fanart though

I know some people would disagree with me, but I think Tiger & Bunny is a good thing to recommend to OPM fans, though it's not as good. Also has a super hero association thing going on.

I'd also say Gurren Lagann.

both of these are pretty good, yeah

dunno if there's really another series like it though

edit: ah yeah Mob Psycho 100 should have a great anime as well. Hopefully Studio Bones does as much justice to that as MadHouse did to this.

That Sea King fanart is the tits. Sea King is actually my favorite OPM villain/design (Murata-wise).

Sure, the battles involving the big bads that had arcs are much better but Sea King was just such a fully realized and fleshed out concept and his speedo and heart nipples and tiny crown are so ridiculous but no one ever talks about them because he was introduced in such the right way where everybody was like OH FUCK THIS DUDE IS A MONSTER. You're so used to seeing either the big bads get immediately OPed or the ones who take care of other heroes like the Konbu monster last a single chapter/episode (if that) but Sea King being kept away from Saitama made his presence and scenes so much more incredible. He has a great fucked up personality and it fits his odd but intimidating design.

Like, Sea King is the best.

edit: ah yeah Mob Psycho 100 should have a great anime as well. Hopefully Studio Bones does as much justice to that as MadHouse did to this.

I'm really interested in how they would handle Mob Psycho 100 with the positive reception One Punch Man is getting. I wonder if it will get people to watch a supernatural slice of life since a lot of people who typically don't like shonens can enjoy OPM. It is still off the wall crazy and subverts tropes throughout the whole thing, I think many people will find it enjoyable throughout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEvrca5KCZ4

Sealed

Banned
I'm really interested in how they would handle Mob Psycho 100 with the positive reception One Punch Man is getting. I wonder if it will get people to watch a supernatural slice of life since a lot of people who typically don't like shonens can enjoy OPM. It is still off the wall crazy and subverts tropes throughout the whole thing, I think many people will find it enjoyable throughout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEvrca5KCZ4

I'm excited for it.

I'm interested to see what they'll do for the art style though. I'd be ok if they changed it or kept it the same I think.

I appreciate the art, but the Saitama fanboy in me dislikes how he is depicted so much weaker than he actually is. You can't write around his power. The comedy and uniqueness of OPM revolves around Saitama's unmitigated OPness. Once you remove that he's just yet another super strong protagonist.

/Genos

Sealed

Banned
they must keep it the same

it is a requirement

I wouldn't be surprised if they actually hired Murata (or someone else to ape his style) to do the character designs considering how often him and ONE collaborate.

Keeping the ONE style though? Number #1 priority.

idk i think there would be merit to having a more mainstream art style

but like I said, either way would be fine with me as long as they keep the story 1:1

speaking of fan manga has the DBZ x OPM crossover been posted yet?

Vegeta vs Saitama

Saitama enters the World Martial Arts Tournament

huh didn't know he made a second one

pretty good haha

Jintor

tumblr_nz8cfx5I2J1rx4ouvo3_540.jpg

tumblr_nz8cfx5I2J1rx4ouvo4_540.jpg

it's really weird to me that there's no goddamn OPM merch as far as I can find anywhere in actual stores. Are they not pushing it? I went down to osaka denden town and a few random stores in kyoto the other day and couldn't find a goddamn thing. I know it's still airing but even himouto had merch lined up from the get-go.

I watched the OVA, and the pacing was horrendous, but the old guy was kinda cool.

Not if they want to keep using Muarata's version as the source.

If they were willing to start using the material from ONE's, very possible.
Hm. You could easily have a second season if you used all of Murata's version and didn't mind ending on a cliffhanger. There are a lot of side stories and manga only content a second season could draw from. But we're definitely not going to see the conclusion to the next major arc in the anime, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom