• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were some cool animation setpieces and S rank moments but not a lot to say about this episode. The humor was on point though, the OK was beyond perfect.

The finale should be amazing - so many moments that will blow people away if they have the right animators, which judging by the last 11 episodes' track records, its looking great.

keffri

A6QPcJ5.gif

I loved this part.

Draxal

The thing is most of the assets are already here. I guess they gotta do
Garou
and a few others. How's the One version in terms of quality of action? Because a lot of the action was amazing in this show due the detail Murata had with action scenes.

That arc has a lot more characters than the titular arc character that will need to be introduced.

Mariolee

Just binged all 11 episodes. Amazing. Can't wait for the finale next week.

One question, are we still three years in the past? The first episode had Saitama beating some alien invader, then there's a three years later card and he's a normal dude again trying to find a job. Then he seems to flashback to three years before where he's a hero. I guess I'm just confused because they never acknowledged that it was a flashback any more.

Parshias7

One question, are we still three years in the past? The first episode had Saitama beating some alien invader, then there's a three years later card and he's a normal dude again trying to find a job. Then he seems to flashback to three years before where he's a hero. I guess I'm just confused because they never acknowledged that it was a flashback any more.

Saitama fighting the crab = three years ago. Then he trained every day and lost his hair. Everything else we've seen has been in the present.

No, when he fought the guys in the first episode that was just before he met Genos and signed up with the Hero Association

Trickster

It was a 3 years earlier flashback. It showed the start of him becoming a hero

Puruzi

Banned

It said three years earlier

Damn only one episode left. I'm wondering how much the Blu-Ray will improve the animation (which is already great) if at all.

Probably some touch ups here and there. Blu-Rays usually fix mistakes or awkward character animation, which OPM didn't have a lot of. I could see them detailing out some of the battle scenes tho

Neoxon

I really hope we get a Season 2 (Mad House has done Season 2s for shows before, Black Lagoon being a prime example). I don't think 12 episodes is enough to satisfy me. That being said, I'll wait for as long as Mad House needs to make Season 2 if the do it.

jett

D-Member
This was pretty great.

But I gotta say, after getting used to binging shows like Hunter x Hunter and YuYu Hakusho these cliffhangers are pretty painful.

Siegcram

Murata is really hard working, if you are interested he likes to stream his work and sketches on USTREAM

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nebu-kuro1

I watch sometimes and I am amazed at how he works, I wish I had a tenth of the talent.
Wow, that really cool. After exhasuting JungGi Kim's YT channel, I'll definitely give this a watch.

As for season 2, I guess it depends on how much material MH needs to begin at least with pre-production. I'd expect Murata to wrap up the Garou-arc in 2 years at the earliest.

Qurupeke

I feel all of the people that want a second season... I forgot that this was the second to last episode. :( I just hope they'll try to animate the ONE version and they'll air it next year...

Sami+

tumblr_nz8cfx5I2J1rx4ouvo3_540.jpg

tumblr_nz8cfx5I2J1rx4ouvo4_540.jpg

it's really weird to me that there's no goddamn OPM merch as far as I can find anywhere in actual stores. Are they not pushing it? I went down to osaka denden town and a few random stores in kyoto the other day and couldn't find a goddamn thing. I know it's still airing but even himouto had merch lined up from the get-go.

I watched the OVA, and the pacing was horrendous, but the old guy was kinda cool.

LOL that comic is great hahaha

Mariolee

Saitama fighting the crab = three years ago. Then he trained every day and lost his hair. Everything else we've seen has been in the present.

No, when he fought the guys in the first episode that was just before he met Genos and signed up with the Hero Association

It was a 3 years earlier flashback. It showed the start of him becoming a hero

It said three years earlier

My mistake then, I read it was three years later. Sweet thanks guys!

I don't know what to do with myself now

No school, no One Punch Man

NO ONE PUNCH MAN TILL NEXT SUNDAY

WHY IS THE UNIVERSE SO CRUEL

So glad I didn't look up Boros. This is going to be worth the wait.

Crocodile

Episode felt padded even though I did appreciate them filling in some background for the arc - a lot of material here was not in the manga from my recollection. I guess they wanted to concentrate the goodness of the Boros fight all into one episode. If they nail that it will be fucking glorious <3

so my guess is that the armour absorbed all of Saitama's punch and next week he's going to KO Boros in a single hit before the title sequence even happens

Dahbomb

so my guess is that the armour absorbed all of Saitama's punch and next week he's going to KO Boros in a single hit before the title sequence even happens
I don't think the armor served any protective function.

Well actually it does.. it's purpose is to protect others from Boros.

time to show off the best* manga volume cover

*behind #8. That's my favorite so far, but it has a substantial character spoiler so be warned.

also this

Woah, they're already on the space ship battle arc? The anime show is catching up to the manga quickly.

Well, at the pace new chapters come out it's not so much a surprise. In terms of the anime pacing though, it is pretty good. Nothing feels too stretched out or rushed, with maybe the exception the Sea King arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom