• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
FlatWealthyHerring.gif

Blobbers

Why do I get the feeling that neoither is Saitama the guy from Boros' prophecy nor is Boros the danger from the woman's prophecy

Maximo

so my guess is that the armour absorbed all of Saitama's punch and next week he's going to KO Boros in a single hit before the title sequence even happens

Feels like he might have some sympathy for him and his story and *play along* before getting bored and destroying him, both have the same problem and the same prophecy, too strong within their own *world'. Doubt they would play up the trope of him finally meeting his match, more like Boros will meet his but end up disappointing Saitama like always.
Im conflicted cause I don't want him to meet his match...cause that would take away from the gag of him having God Mode on..but I also want to see him actually get serious to see how awesome the fight looks.

Puruzi

Banned
Manga/Webcomic spoilers

Garou is supposed to be the one in the prophecy Boros mentioned right?
IIRC they're kinda equal, so it would make more sense for him to be it rather than Saitama right?

FZZ

Banned
Manga/Webcomic spoilers

Garou is supposed to be the one in the prophecy Boros mentioned right?
IIRC they're kinda equal, so it would make more sense for him to be it rather than Saitama right?

Most likely but he got unlucky and fought Saitama instead LOL

But if you have more questions head over to the One Punch Man One thread because it'd probably be best to leave all the black/white bars out of this thread lol

I don't think so mainly because even Saitama easily beat Garou, Saitama's limit being broken is currently higher than anyone else

But if you have more questions head over to the One Punch Man One thread because it'd probably be best to leave all the black/white bars out of this thread lol

Somebody made that?

I don't think the armor served any protective function.

Well actually it does.. it's purpose is to protect others from Boros.

shades of Bui from YYH instantly flashed across my mind when that happened.

Damn though, it's gonna take 2 fucking punches? Boros too stronk.

Sealed

Banned
god i fucking love the scene where Saitama flicks the rock at Geluganshp and he just dies

like, it's so goofy, Saitama showing Gel that he can toss rocks without psychic powers and then Gel just dies

was Saitama even trying to kill him with that?

it just cracks me up every time.

it's also funny because Tats is just so much more powerful than him lol

k1di3XX.png

Bruh. Murata's OPM has been in print for years, and everyone in this thread knows exactly what I was referring to regardless.
One punchman new chapters are released for free on the web companion to young jump, tonari no young jump. You can even access it outside Japan. Kind of makes it super impressive the volumes sell so well

god i fucking love the scene where Saitama flicks the rock at Geluganshp and he just dies

like, it's so goofy, Saitama showing Gel that he can toss rocks without psychic powers and then Gel just dies

was Saitama even trying to kill him with that?

it just cracks me up every time.

To be perfectly fair, Gel never had a chance to impress us with feats. Who knows how he'd stack against Tatsumaki. Saitama tends to make everyone he faces look like chumps.

That scene, though, is definitely my favorite of the episode. Saitama was definitely trying to kill him. In a way it reminds me of Tats being a smart ass against Ancient King.

Edit:

One punchman new chapters are released for free on the web companion to young jump, tonari no young jump. You can even access it outside Japan. Kind of makes it super impressive the volumes sell so well
I hope it continues to sell well and that translates into other stuff like merchandise.

I like your username, unrelatedly.

Sealed

Banned
To be perfectly fair, Gel never had a chance to impress us with feats. Who knows how he'd stack against Tatsumaki. Saitama tends to make everyone he faces look like chumps.

That scene, though, is definitely my favorite of the episode. Saitama was definitely trying to kill him. In a way it reminds me of Tats being a smart ass against Ancient King

While everyone does look like a chump in front of Saitama, I feel like Tatsumaki would never use just pebbles to attack an enemy (unless she has, but i can't recall), but Fubuki uses them all the time, so Gel just reminds me more of Fubuki haha.

Idk, it seemed Saitama was just trying to demonstrate, and ended up killing him with it. I mean, he was always going to kill him anyway, but the way he does it made it seem like an accident, even if it was on purpose.

It's just so goofy. Saitama is the best.

If he wasn't lying and light could not escape from the center of his gravity attack (that would just plain kill anything,
even Garou
), then he is orders of magnitude above anything that tats has ever done (then again I don't remember that attack from the comics, they may have just added it so it is not consistent with the rest of his scenes). anyway, if the attack is real, he's more powerful than her, but just a shitty fighter.

Sealed

Banned
If he wasn't lying and light could not escape from the center of his gravity attack (that would just plain kill anything anything,
even Garou
), then he is orders of magnitude above anything that tats has ever done (then again I don't remember that attack from the comics, they may have just added it so it is not consistent with the rest of his scenes). anyway, more powerful than her, but just a shitty fighter.
unless ONE addresses it at some point we'll never get confirmation on who's stronger.

I would be interested to see them fight though.

edit: as far as I can tell he didn't use that gravity wave in the original, and he's even more of a jobber lol

unless ONE addresses it at some point we'll never get confirmation on who's stronger.

I would be interested to see them fight though.

edit: as far as I can tell he didn't use that gravity wave in the original, and he's even more of a jobber lol

I think he will lose if it was up to ONE.The Anime just added some BS impossible attack to hype him up for a gag, which makes me wonder if they'll do anything similar to Boros.

Paltros

Murata does tack on a lot of extras to the volumes, not to mention art fixes and such. I think the latest volume even came bundled with an OVA.

Vulcano's assistant said:
If he wasn't lying and light could not escape from the center of his gravity attack (that would just plain kill anything,
even Garou
), then he is orders of magnitude above anything that tats has ever done (then again I don't remember that attack from the comics, they may have just added it so it is not consistent with the rest of his scenes). anyway, more powerful than her, but just a shitty fighter.
Webcomic spoiler
He never used that in either ONE or Murata's version, it's the exact same thing that Tatsumaki and Psykos use in the MA arc, and according to Tats' statement Fubuki can also probably do it. It also failed to kill Garou, but it did manage knock him out once before he started powering up the wazoo, then he just shrugged it off.

Sealed

Banned
I think he will lose if it was up to ONE.The Anime just added some BS impossible attack to hype him up for a gag, which makes me wonder if they'll do anything similar to Boros.

i mean i love the gag, so it's welcome in my book lol

i feel like they'll keep the boros fight 1:1, or pretty close, since it is the highlight of the arc

Dawg

Silver Fang said "nice catch" in Engrish at one point in this ep and I had a deja vu back to one of the first few JoJo episodes :>

Zaptruder

Banned
Man, this series is amazing in so many ways.

Setting aside the fact that it's simply the most entertaining take on superheroes in any modern media to date, the fact that they have 3 versions of this story running, and all of them are worthwhile and relevant to watch, each version that follows adding more details and gags than the one before it...

It's a modern marvel. They're both accurate to the source material and yet add spades on top of it.

Sadness that the anime will be over soon for the season... but there's not that much source material to work with, and this is a great ending point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom