• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, this series is amazing in so many ways.

Setting aside the fact that it's simply the most entertaining take on superheroes in any modern media to date, the fact that they have 3 versions of this story running, and all of them are worthwhile and relevant to watch, each version that follows adding more details and gags than the one before it...

It's a modern marvel. They're both accurate to the source material and yet add spades on top of it.

Sadness that the anime will be over soon for the season... but there's not that much source material to work with, and this is a great ending point.
Yeah. Now that the anime is wrapping up we can safely say MadHouse remained completely faithful to the source while including their own bits that only enriched the story. I'd love to see what they'd do with a second season and more material to flesh out the cast, who are mostly just now being introduced.

Edit: New page, woo~

dLg86yo.gif

UQ65jj5.gif

6t0v0pF.gif

Sealed

Banned
i just want an animated compilation of saitama helping out little kids who then proceed to say "thanks uncle", and then saitama saying "don't call me uncle"

i love it when he does that, idk why

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So, how do Groribas, Geluganshp, and Melzalgald stack up compared to Carnage Kabuto?

Dennis

Banned
Anyone else think it was kind of a low blow for Saitama to go left when the telekinetic octopus alien told him to go right?

Remember Saitama, you are supposed to be a hero.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Anyone else think it was kind of a low blow for Saitama to go left when the telekinetic octopus alien told him to go right?

Remember Saitama, you are supposed to be a hero.

Aliens just destroyed a city, what would be heroic about leaving their ship in the middle of a frontal assault?

Saitama was lost and wanted to go deeper into the ship. So he went the opposite of the way out. :p

Phatmac

Was busy watching football to make my post but it was probably my favorite episode. Lots of great animation for the main fight made it hype as hell. Madhouse truly delivered the best moments from the manga. Best scene in the whole series was great too.

duckroll

As long as the anime BD sales aren't total garbage, I expect that there will be another season at around this time next year. There shouldn't really be much concern about there being a lack of material, since the anime is also helping promote the manga, which means they have lots of incentive to release more volumes of the manga within the next year, possibly with OADs like Vol10.

I think I'm more excited for Murata to speed up his process then a s2 after reading the webcomic, lol

Also I think the OPM anime is doing well for an adaptation

As long as the anime BD sales aren't total garbage, I expect that there will be another season at around this time next year. There shouldn't really be much concern about there being a lack of material, since the anime is also helping promote the manga, which means they have lots of incentive to release more volumes of the manga within the next year, possibly with OADs like Vol10.

The manga is one of the best selling mangas in Japan right now, it's safe to say there will be a second season. I hope its 24 episodes though.

Though someone did a rough estimate of the remaining chapters of the webcomic and calculated that it would be enough for 12 episodes.

The manga however will have extra material so I think they can get to that 24 number with the next arc.

Ah. Like Adult Swim.

Been rewatching Venture Bros with my friend. He's loving it. And season 6 comes out next year. Huzzah!

I think I'm more excited for Murata to speed up his process then a s2 after reading the webcomic, lol

Also I think the OPM anime is doing well for an adaptation

How are manga sales so far? Or blu-rays if they've released them in sets of episodes yet?

I want this to be as popular in Japan as it appears to be with Western audiences. Because yeah we may love it but if it bombs in Japan...

I can't tell if Genos is touched, or jealous that Saitama isn't praising him

Sealed

Banned
was Eyeshield 21 a weekly or monthly manga?

Murata has drawn manga on a consistent schedule before, but I think the digital release format gives him more freedom on when he can draw, so I guess he's going to tighten it up?

I can't wait to see the end of the arc he's on drawn by him.

Heroman

Banned
was Eyeshield 21 a weekly or monthly manga?

Murata has drawn manga on a consistent schedule before, but I think the digital release format gives him more freedom on when he can draw, so I guess he's going to tighten it up?

I can't wait to see the end of the arc he's on drawn by him.

Eyeshiels was weekly.

Been rewatching Venture Bros with my friend. He's loving it. And season 6 comes out next year. Huzzah!

How are manga sales so far? Or blu-rays if they've released them in sets of episodes yet?

I want this to be as popular in Japan as it appears to be with Western audiences. Because yeah we may love it but if it bombs in Japan...

I can't tell if Genos is touched, or jealous that Saitama isn't praising him

One Punch Man is the 11th best selling manga in Japan in 2015

kyo2004

Re-reading ONE's webcomic, I think it's possible to get a Season 2 if Madhouse go with this version... It's impressive the accuracy of the panels and the anime segments (obviously without the vastly enhancements of Murata's work)...

Sadly, we must wait maybe 2/3 years for this (if they confirm a 2nd season)...

Draxal

Murata and One are really slow with the releases atm.

Re-reading ONE's webcomic, I think it's possible to get a Season 2 if Madhouse go with this version... It's impressive the accuracy of the panels and the anime segments (obviously without the vastly enhancements of Murata's work)...

Sadly, we must wait maybe 2/3 years for this (if they confirm a 2nd season)...

Murata's version just went with the Metal bat stuff right now so they'll probably have to add that to the anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom