• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus One GAF Invite list.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Oh lord, just got an invite.

I'm definitely not satisfied with the current Android flagships but came to terms with waiting until Silver/N6 are revealed this fall. I'm more than happy with the specs on this phone but was hoping for some more detailed impressions from those who received one. Also a little nervous about hardware and software support.

I

belvedere

Junior Butler
Weeks back I literally just went to the oneplus official site and satisfied a few of the "how to get one" requirements. Joining the forums, liking them on FB and subscribing to the newsletter etc. I didn't do anything else beyond that.

BigFwoosh

Weeks back I literally just went to the oneplus official site and satisfied a few of the "how to get one" requirements. Joining the forums, liking them on FB and subscribing to the newsletter etc. I didn't do anything else beyond that.

Lucky. Grats on the invite!

jaydogg691

Hey GAF.

Just got an invite for the OnePlus and just ordered the phone. I pretty much given up hope that I was going to get this phone, but I just happen to get an invite. Hopefully this means I'll be getting some invites to give out.

nemesun

I'm jealous of all you folks who got the invite. Reckon I'll be an old man by the time I receive an invite too.

hope they figure out their supply chain soon. my hype for this phone can only last so long until iphone 6 hits, and w/e other hot new android phone that appears monthly.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
The worst part of the invite system is all the begging and pity stories. It infects every mention of the Oneplus One all over the Internet.

Depends on what you want. Apple has the better ecosystem for games and apps, while the one plus is going to be bigger and be far more open to tinkering if you want to root. Android doesn't have a bad ecosystem though.

True. I've also owned a Nexus 4 and 5, so I'm familiar... I really do like Apples ecosystem, but I getting bored with it at the moment. I have one day to decide based of the email Oneplus sent me. I may just just have to go for it. Aleast until the iPhone 6 is officially announced and if its anything special.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
True. I've also owned a Nexus 4 and 5, so I'm familiar... I really do like Apples ecosystem, but I getting bored with it at the moment. I have one day to decide based of the email Oneplus sent me. I may just just have to go for it. Aleast until the iPhone 6 is officially announced and if its anything special.

You will be able to sell it for cost really easily for while too. So if you don't like it, no big deal.

If you don't want it let someone on here know atleast a couple of hours ahead of time so one of us can get it please. Just don't let the invite expire.

Cool to see GAF is getting more of these phones and potentially invites to hand out.

Based on what I've heard though, my biggest issue about the phone is the size. I have tiny hands so I'm worried about how I'm going to be using it.
I'm just trying to convince myself that it'll be fine though, since a lot of the Android phones coming out these days are quite a bit bigger than what I'm used to.
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S3 at the moment, and I've been looking to upgrade for the past few months.

Nakazato

my 5 hour review

Man this phone is pretty. Love CM11s its amazing. Screen is greats as well.

MY issue

It seems like the cell signal in this phone is shit unless you are seriously a mile or 2 away from an antenna with ATT. I have been all over the board h h+ 4g today. So im likely going to sell it or return it.

For what it is its a great phone. Im just having issues that may just be att.

my 5 hour review

MY issue

It seems like the cell signal in this phone is shit unless you are seriously a mile or 2 away from an antenna with ATT. I have been all over the board h h+ 4g today. So im likely going to sell it or return it.

Sure you could find some interested takers around here you were looking to sell it (myself being one). ;)

jaydogg691

Got my phone earlier today, but couldn't mess it with until now. The packaging is so minimalistic, but so slick. I also ordered a flip case, but haven't received it. Will post impressions later.
pc3WzuT.jpg

BlazinAm

Got my phone earlier today, but couldn't mess it with until now. The packaging is so minimalistic, but so slick. I also ordered a flip case, but haven't received it. Will post impressions later.
pc3WzuT.jpg
No headphones packed in, not the big deal but odd. Also is that a usb 3.0 cable?
I'm in for an invite no clue how many invites I can give out but if I get one but I would give the max amount.

Also does anyone know how big the data partition on the device is? It is a big annoyance on my GS2 skyrocket where I only have 2GB for apps and chrome needs well over 200MB to perform an update.

my 5 hour review

MY issue

Man that sucks. Is that common around Baltimore? I wonder if I'd have the same issues in the NoVa or DC area.

Birbo

Are we making any progress on the GAF invite doc? I'm itching to get my hands on one.

Don't think so. I'm second on the list and haven't gotten an invite lol. Kinda sucks since I'm finally in the market to upgrade my old Galxy S2. Thinking I'll just avoid this hassle and just pony up for an S5.

How big is this compared with the S4?

Seriously disinterested with all the coming flagship Android devices. Been thinking about some alternative options and lo and behold this thread is bumped.

Will be doing some more research into this device, def looks really slick.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Received my phone Saturday. I've been super busy and haven't really had a long stretch of time with the device, but I thought I'd share some early impressions.

Size: Love it and I haven't had any issues. I have relatively small hands and still get to all but the top of the screen holding it one handed Thought it would be massive coming from my old iPhone 4 but no.

Camera: Very impressed so far. Pics that would be super dark and red in our dim lit living room turn out amazing. The few outdoor shots I've taken are all very clear with realistic coloring.

Display: Super crisp and remains bright outside.

Cell quality: Much better than I expected. Speaker is loud and people say I'm the same. I have the same signal strength as I had before.

I'll try and answer questions and post more detailed impressions later.

Don't think so. I'm second on the list and haven't gotten an invite lol. Kinda sucks since I'm finally in the market to upgrade my old Galxy S2. Thinking I'll just avoid this hassle and just pony up for an S5.

Really? That sucks...I'd assume some of the early people would've gotten invites to share by now. Who knows how the company is handing out invites though...

ss_lemonade

Received my phone Saturday. I've been super busy and haven't really had a long stretch of time with the device, but I thought I'd share some early impressions.

Size: Love it and I haven't had any issues. I have relatively small hands and still get to all but the top of the screen holding it one handed Thought it would be massive coming from my old iPhone 4 but no.

Camera: Very impressed so far. Pics that would be super dark and red in our dim lit living room turn out amazing. The few outdoor shots I've taken are all very clear with realistic coloring.

Display: Super crisp and remains bright outside.

Cell quality: Much better than I expected. Speaker is loud and people say I'm the same. I have the same signal strength as I had before.

I'll try and answer questions and post more detailed impressions later.
Do you get the yellow banding at the bottom of the screen? I finally have my phone now and noticed the yellowishness on mine but its incredibly faint and only really visible when you're looking for it against a white screen

Fezan

SO my xperia is washed away and busted and i am not getting a replacment. So can i get an invite and will they ship to Saudi Arabia or not ?

This whole yellow tint issue is pretty crappy. And apparently they'll only replace the phone once for that defect, and you have to pay $60 to get it fixed?

moris

@oneplus twitter invites giveaway starts in a couple of minutes... anyone on here quick enough to grab one?

Top Bottom