• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus One GAF Invite list.

The flagship killer that will never actually be released to the public. I'm getting sick and tired of this competition to give them some damn money.

I JUST WANT TO BUY THE PHONE!

belvedere

Junior Butler
Is the list current? I intend on giving out at least one invite (or more depending on how many I get) though I have not yet received any to share. I've already received the OPO.

I heard a nasty rumor that this phone is GSM only so it will not work on the Verizon network, is this true?

It won't work on Verizon or Sprint in the US. Only T-mobile and AT&T (and maybe some of those smaller companies that use their networks). I'm dumping Verizon for this phone and all the other cool phones I could never check out (looking at you Xperia phones!) I signed up to test T-Mobile network and got their phone today so I'm gonna see how the reception is over at work tomorrow.

Calibus

It won't work on Verizon or Sprint in the US. Only T-mobile and AT&T (and maybe some of those smaller companies that use their networks). I'm dumping Verizon for this phone and all the other cool phones I could never check out (looking at you Xperia phones!) I signed up to test T-Mobile network and got their phone today so I'm gonna see how the reception is over at work tomorrow.

Lame. I'm not quite ready to drop Verizon yet because it actually is pretty good in my area and is ultimately cheaper than AT&T with my work discount. Would still nice to be able to get this phone, though. Oh well guess LG G3 for me this fall.

Goyira

Neo Member
My phone was delivered yesterday. Looks and feels like a nice phone. never had an android phone before so am still digging trough all the settings, but overall it's nice and fast.
It appears T-mobile in the Netherlands has upgraded all to 4G where it supports it because am getting 15Mbps down and 7Mbps up. So had to set some limits cause i only have a 700MB bundle.
No sign of yellow on the bottom of the screen, or at least none that i notice.

beat

The flagship killer that will never actually be released to the public. I'm getting sick and tired of this competition to give them some damn money.
Most of the reason people are interested is because this is a flagship quality phone being sold at (probably) break even. But by the same token, you gotta see why they're not in a rush to not make money on this.

Rafy

I just got three invites in my email, I don't think they are from the Blizzard contest, I will give 2 to GAF. Who is the next one on the list without an invite?

Having basically a 10% chance at an invite through the Blizzard is pretty exciting. Means even if I don't get lucky we should have a good number of invites floating around.

I just got three invites in my email, I don't think they are from the Blizzard contest, I will give 2 to GAF. Who is the next one on the list without an invite?

I agree, next is user (#3 - google). Maybe when the user gets an invite they can state who is next? im sure there is a better way.

Send google a PM and ask them if they've received an invite already or if they're still interested, then go from there.

Got a Chinese version via work and it has CM11S pre-installed so i can be removed from the list.

Having a wonderful time with the phone, well worth the wait :)

Did you buy the phone already? They said they were going to start sending invites this week to give away to people who had purchased the phone already.

Servbot24

Banned

I JUST WANT TO BUY THE PHONE!

Yeah at this point I'm more interested in just waiting for iPhone 6. I don't feel like I'll be able to get a 1+1 much sooner than that releases anyways.

RuGalz

It's almost kind of amusing and annoying that the phone isn't that easy to come by (yet) but you can find pics of gray market sellers with a whole box of phones ready to ship.

Seth C

I got an invite today. Not sure if I want to use it since at this point the iPhone 6 is so close and I'm sure I'll pick it up.

I got an invite today. Not sure if I want to use it since at this point the iPhone 6 is so close and I'm sure I'll pick it up.

Why not both? I have a 5S and OPO, I was thinking that same thing. If the the iPhone 6 is mindblowing, I might just sale both to get it or use my wife's upgrade.

Why not both? I have a 5S and OPO, I was thinking that same thing. If the the iPhone 6 is mindblowing, I might just sale both to get it or use my wife's upgrade.

That's what I'm doing. I have an iPhone 5 and just got my OPO. I have my upgrade that comes up in September that I'll use on an iPhone 6 and I'll just swap sims as needed. An Android flagship and iOS flagship for a total of $650 isn't bad at all IMO.

Systemwarrior, I haven't setup my OPO yet have you had any problem going from the 5S with iMessage to the OPO? Have you been able to receive all of your text on your OPO and not have them get stuck on the iMessage server?

Seth C

Don't have a lot of expendable income at the moment. Of course, I could always sell the OnePlus for about what I paid for it.

mrmisterwaa

Neo Member
My Oneplus One arrived today - first comment(s):

Damn.

I love the packaging that it came it - really felt like it was a premium product.

Getting to the home screen took only a few steps - I am liking the current feel of the phone. I am tempted to stay with the current launcher instead of Nova Launcher but that will change over time.

I am surprised I haven't set up Cyanogenmod on my S3 a long time ago - I am loving everything so far.

The touch feels a lot more responsive and I absolutely love the back plate of the phone - that fuzzy feeling is just great.

I am setting up to oem unlock my phone and get root up and going with SuperSU. I will get back and edit this post but so far fastboot hasn't given me any issues. My phone is charging first.

Edit:

Root is set up using PhilZ's recovery - SuperSU is up and running.

I love this phone.

Radec

okay gaf, I have an option to buy a black 64GB One but I just bought a new phone (Xiaomi Mi 3) about 3 weeks ago and my area just offer the OnePlus One 64GB Black just now. The notable difference in specs are 800 vs 801, 2GB vs 3GB ram. 16GB vs 64GB storage.

Price difference is $223 vs $422(One) - I don't live in the US so its abit higher than msrp).

I can sell my phone easily, but I'm still thinking if the $200 difference is worth it. lol

okay gaf, I have an option to buy a black 64GB One but I just bought a new phone (Xiaomi Mi 3) about 3 weeks ago and my area just offer the OnePlus One 64GB Black just now. The notable difference in specs are 800 vs 801, 2GB vs 3GB ram. 16GB vs 64GB storage.

Price difference is $223 vs $422(One) - I don't live in the US so its abit higher than msrp).

I can sell my phone easily, but I'm still thinking if the $200 difference is worth it. lol

I think the biggest difference between the two is the storage size. Do you fill the storage up on your current phone? If not that you should be fine with the cheaper option. I get annyed with the 16gb on my N4 and have to use my old iPhone to hold all my music, which is abit annoying as I don't have that many pockets! haha

RuGalz

I think I'm just going to go with LG G3. This whole invite system is stupid and is just a way for them to stay in the headline.

I just signed up on their site for the invite. I'm a very high number so I don't ever expect an invite. But it's worth a shot. I'm giving myself a few months window to get a new phone.

Anyway, just in case, how common is this "yellow screen" problem? Apparently a band of yellowness on portion of screen?

That's what I'm doing. I have an iPhone 5 and just got my OPO. I have my upgrade that comes up in September that I'll use on an iPhone 6 and I'll just swap sims as needed. An Android flagship and iOS flagship for a total of $650 isn't bad at all IMO.

Systemwarrior, I haven't setup my OPO yet have you had any problem going from the 5S with iMessage to the OPO? Have you been able to receive all of your text on your OPO and not have them get stuck on the iMessage server?

I just turned off iMessage on my phone before I turned it off. I haven't had any problems at all. But I did have problems when I did the same thing with my Nexus 5.

I just signed up on their site for the invite. I'm a very high number so I don't ever expect an invite. But it's worth a shot. I'm giving myself a few months window to get a new phone.

Anyway, just in case, how common is this "yellow screen" problem? Apparently a band of yellowness on portion of screen?

its because the glue hasnt completely set. take it under a UV lamp for a few minutes (or outside in the sun for an hour or 2)

My friend got his phone today, kinda jealous

The other friend who said I had dibs if no one bought his didn't end up ordering it =/

To those who had received invites - how long did it take to get your referral invites? My friend got his invite a week or so ago and said he has no idea when he'll have his referrals

ramuh

Ugh. I'm dieing over here (my phone is). I need a phone so bad and am hoping to either get an invite or they sell some copies to the general public soon.

Top Bottom