• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus One GAF Invite list.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
It should go without saying but only enter modbot contests for keys you will use yourself. It is quite frowned upon to use modbot to get keys for friends or for sale.

asdad123

I'm somewhere on the invite list so I guess I'll enter the modbot thing if I can. Been trying to get an invite for a while

How do I check how many posts I have in this thread? Probably not enough hah.

syllogism

Do I need 5 posts in this thread to be eligible? I assume yes, but it seems like an unnecessary restriction for this specific giveaway. There are fewer than 20 posters who are eligible for this giveway if so.

kharma45

Do I need 5 posts in this thread to be eligible? I assume yes, but it seems like an unnecessary restriction for this specific giveaway.

Yes you do.

I'm somewhere on the invite list so I guess I'll enter the modbot thing if I can. Been trying to get an invite for a while

The way I know to do it is find the thread in the OT forum and click on the number of posts in the thread, then ctrl+F for your name.

irMwnuCvjJYpz.png

Click on that number. It'll open in a new window, ctrl+f your username.
Do I need 5 posts in this thread to be eligible? I assume yes, but it seems like an unnecessary restriction for this specific giveaway.

Yeah.

syllogism

I assume the post counts are tallied at the time the raffle begins, not when the countdown ends. Not that I'm tempted to suddenly get chatty or anything.

I assume the post counts are tallied at the time the raffle begins, not when the countdown ends. Not that I'm tempted to suddenly get chatty or anything.

Probably. Still, I'm sure this won't be the last giveaway, so I think it's for the best to be a little more active.

I completely missed the part about having 5 posts. D'oh.

Oh well, at least it got me to register on the OnePlus One site. Guess I'll check their G+ page to see if there are any comps to sign up to.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
I hope I entered the contest correctly. I don't consider myself a lurker... I added my name to the list a long time ago and posted in this thread a couple of times...

Yeah, I wasn't sure whether or not to do the 5 posts thing. I ended up figuring that those who wanted the phone enough to put their name on the list probably kept up with the thread. And going down that list trying to give away 4 soon-to-be expiring invites to people who may or may not already have one sparked my lazy gene. Sorry guys lol

These are the $350 64gb phones from the Storm of Invites by the way.

Yeah, I wasn't sure whether or not to do the 5 posts thing. I ended up figuring that those who wanted the phone enough to put their name on the list probably kept up with the thread. And going down that list trying to give away 4 soon-to-be expiring invites to people who may or may not already have one sparked my lazy gene. Sorry guys lol

These are the $350 64gb phones from the Storm of Invites by the way.

Should have made a 20 post threshold :)

Fermbiz

Gold Member
Well, I guess for the future...

Still using my Galaxy S3. Good phone but showing is age. I got a slight burn in at the top of my screen that looks to be from my gmail app.

Wanted the Xperia Z2... Since Sony pretty much failed to bring it to the states, I lost interest in it. And since the OnePlus was announced with its amazing price, I cannot see myself buying any other phone that costs more than $400.

Well, I guess for the future...

Still using my Galaxy S3. Good phone but showing is age. I got a slight burn in at the top of my screen that looks to be from my gmail app.

Wanted the Xperia Z2... Since Sony pretty much failed to bring it to the states, I lost interest in it. And since the OnePlus was announced with its amazing price, I cannot see myself buying any other phone that costs more than $400.
Heh, I'm with you on the S3 boat. My screen is fine, though. o_O
That sounds like a huge bummer. :/

Damn, I was kinda hoping the list was actually going to see some use...
I guess being #195 isn't gonna be doing anything for me.

I'll probably end up just upgrading my phone to something else at this point.

phalestine

aka iby.h
Damn, I was kinda hoping the list was actually going to see some use...
I guess being #195 isn't gonna be doing anything for me.

I'll probably end up just upgrading my phone to something else at this point.

I think ill get an invite from oneplus before I even get one from the list (256).

Member number 54xxx at oneplus. They apparently are up to 50,000. Might be worth waiting depending on your member number.

I think ill get an invite from oneplus before I even get one from the list (256).

Member number 54xxx at oneplus. They apparently are up to 50,000. Might be worth waiting depending on your member number.

59xxx here, thought I'd get one this week but it looks like they are sending out the referral invites this week

tensuke

I guess it doesn't matter so much but on the list I put that I'd give 1 invite since we didn't know how many we'd get, someone can change it to the maximum, whatever that is. Orrr I don't even know if we're still using the list haha.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
Also tried the World Cup contests but nothing. Browsed the OnePlus forums a few and nothing. Also tried their stupid twitter invites and that was a complete failure.

Most likely going to have to wait for an actual invite now straight from the company itself.

beat

Big thanks to flaxknuckles!

Interestingly, the OnePlus site has no cases for sale right now... but ebay has bunches from multiple sellers. Aluminum bumpers, flip cases, etc. Argh, too many choices! Someone tell me what a good case for this is. (I've used a case for all my smartphones since I've always found them slippery when bare.)

ss_lemonade

Finally received invites to share out (5, though I might only be able to give out 3 or 4).

So how will we work this out lol? That list doesn't seem too reliable

Last I heard from this thread is that google at position #3 from the list is next in line.
I would send them a PM and ask if they're interested in the invite or have received one yet. Then work your way down the list.

eemijun

Neo Member
If the invites expire in 24 hours then going down the list and waiting for people to respond might not be the most efficient.

moris

PM'ing a bunch from the list according to order priority and ask them to stay tuned if the one above them don't answer back within a set amount of time, give to the one that responded?

Same as mentioned above, #3 is next in line.

My phone arrives today. Yay.

Same here but I was in the shower and my kids fail at answering door ... so I have to wait for re-deliver tomorrow. I didn't realize they send the package out signature require (well I should have guess). My postwomen usually rang door bell and ran off to her truck and take off so it's not entirely my kids fault.

G.Newell

Are we really not using the list. Fairly annoying being 23rd on the list. I always keep up to date with the thread but dont have much time to comment being at work most of the time it pops up.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Same here but I was in the shower and my kids fail at answering door ... so I have to wait for re-deliver tomorrow. I didn't realize they send the package out signature require (well I should have guess). My postwomen usually rang door bell and ran off to her truck and take off so it's not entirely my kids fault.

My wife used the phone coming as an excuse to use a sick day, hah.

They weren't sending phones out with signature confirmation originally, but started July 21st due to the amount of packages that were apparently getting taken from people's porches.

Thanks to flaxknuckles contest, I'll have a oneplus soon:) You are awesome man. For other people that got one, how long did it take you to receive the phone?

Top Bottom