• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus One GAF Invite list.

At the rate they are giving out invites I think I may get one the next day they send them out, or the day after that (Monday or Tuesday maybe?)

To those who had received invites - how long did it take to get your referral invites? My friend got his invite a week or so ago and said he has no idea when he'll have his referrals

They said they were going to start going out last Monday in the order that people purchased the phone. With the way they operate it could be quite awhile until everyone receives them.

Cake Boss

Banned
How are you guys getting invites? Was there a contest or something?

I need a new phone badely, my original nexus just broke. phoneless now :(

ty_hot

I just registered. Does any one know if in Europe it is possible to get a tax-free when buying it? and how is the price with the invite, the same as amazon?

I entered in one of the many contests they have all the time on the site. The contests get flooded with entries though, so it's kind of a crap shoot on whether you'll get one or not.

I actually won a drawing on Twitter that a tech blog was having. Actually got super lucky as the winner they pulled didn't want the invite because they had just bought a M8, so the picked another winner and it was me.

Birbo

So my phone arrived last Wednesday. Granted I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but so far I'm loving this thing.

Packaging was all high quality; unboxing was quite fun. The phone is big, but because it's so light and thin, I haven't had any issues with it in my pocket. It is a bit of a balancing act trying to use it one-handed though. I have fairly long fingers, so it isn't too much of a stretch. I purchased a clear case to go along with it, but the back of the phone feels so good I haven't been using it.

The display is gorgeous. I was worried about the yellow banding I'd read about on the bottom of the screen. I honestly can't tell if mine has it or if I'm just paranoid about it. Had a buddy look at it and he didn't notice anything. I tried to the UV and haven't noticed any difference.

Granted, I'm coming from an old Galaxy S2, but this phone is very snappy. Apps load quickly and switching between them is also fast. I really like the Cyanogen overlay on the Android OS. There was a "Theme Showcase" app pre-installed that showed a gallery of different themes and icons you could customize your display with. I'm already rocking a new set of cool looking icons.

Call quality seems fine, but think I've only had like two calls so far. Call volume is a tad on the soft side, but I've read they're supposed to address that in a future update.

All in all I'm super happy with my purchase. Can't thank TheTux enough for the invite. Hoping I'll be able to pay it forward soon with some invites once they give me some.

So my phone arrived last Wednesday. Granted I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but so far I'm loving this thing.

Packaging was all high quality; unboxing was quite fun. The phone is big, but because it's so light and thin, I haven't had any issues with it in my pocket. It is a bit of a balancing act trying to use it one-handed though. I have fairly long fingers, so it isn't too much of a stretch. I purchased a clear case to go along with it, but the back of the phone feels so good I haven't been using it.

The display is gorgeous. I was worried about the yellow banding I'd read about on the bottom of the screen. I honestly can't tell if mine has it or if I'm just paranoid about it. Had a buddy look at it and he didn't notice anything. I tried to the UV and haven't noticed any difference.

Granted, I'm coming from an old Galaxy S2, but this phone is very snappy. Apps load quickly and switching between them is also fast. I really like the Cyanogen overlay on the Android OS. There was a "Theme Showcase" app pre-installed that showed a gallery of different themes and icons you could customize your display with. I'm already rocking a new set of cool looking icons.

Call quality seems fine, but think I've only had like two calls so far. Call volume is a tad on the soft side, but I've read they're supposed to address that in a future update.

All in all I'm super happy with my purchase. Can't thank TheTux enough for the invite. Hoping I'll be able to pay it forward soon with some invites once they give me some.

Mind if I ask how long it took you to get yours shipped to you? Ordered mine on Saturday, and it's hanging aroundp processing. I'm guessing I probably won't see it until middle of next week.

kharma45

Did you guys forget to activate your forum profile? =/

hahaha it does seem that way

Up185Nw.png

Fuck sake. I didn't realise it had to be activated somehow.

Cake Boss

Banned
Any news when they will start mass producing these? Because if the nexus 6 and the next iphone get announced in a month time then all this hype and invite system was for nothing as people would have moved on to the next thing.

Any news when they will start mass producing these? Because if the nexus 6 and the next iphone get announced in a month time then all this hype and invite system was for nothing as people would have moved on to the next thing.

Invites seem to be going out more frequently so it seems they've ramped up production somewhat. No one is sure when they are going to open up sales to everyone though.

JLG-

So i just got an invite!!!!!!!

I was messing around on instagram when OPO posted a picture with a link to an invite. i wrote down the url and boom got an invite!

64gb bought!

EGM92

I just got 5 invites, I'm going to be using 2, how do I give out the other 3 to gaffers on the waiting list? The site says they're active for 48hrs.

kharma45

I just got 5 invites, I'm going to be using 2, how do I give out the other 3 to gaffers on the waiting list? The site says they're active for 48hrs.

PM them, give them a bit of time to respond. If they don't or don't need them just move on down the list. Not sure where exactly where we are at the minute with it as no one has really kept track of what is going on unfortunately.

You could just start with #278... :p It's not really clear what's going on with the list, at least to my knowledge. It's taken so long to get the invites rolling out it feels like it's lost some momentum.

PM them, give them a bit of time to respond. If they don't or don't need them just move on down the list. Not sure where exactly where we are at the minute with it as no one has really kept track of what is going on unfortunately.

You could just start with #278... :p It's not really clear what's going on with the list, at least to my knowledge. It's taken so long to get the invites rolling out it feels like it's lost some momentum.

And maybe go on with #295, this could be another great way to use one of those invites :D

I'm seriously in need of a new phone, my Lumia 820 has a somehow broken section of the touch screen, figured this would be a great replacement.

kharma45

And maybe go on with #295, this could be another great way to use one of those invites :D

I'm seriously in need of a new phone, my Lumia 820 has a somehow broken section of the touch screen, figured this would be a great replacement.

A bit OT but same thing with my 620 when I dropped it. The bottom half of the screen just stopped work.

A bit OT but same thing with my 620 when I dropped it. The bottom half of the screen just stopped work.

Middle in the screen for me, right where the OS suggests words when typing. I dropped it a couple of times, but that was after I had this problem, I think there is something like dust under between the glass and the screen.

beat

Same, my battery is starting to go and the phone feels a lot slower, but the phone itself is in near mint condition, time to upgrade though

I also have a Galaxy Nexus! Did I load this thing up with bloatware myself? I realize my iPad Air has a newer and faster processor but it also only has one gig of RAM and yet it's way more responsive than my phone, which will easily take five seconds to do anything because it's so memory constrained.

Here you go guys. I hope I did it right.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=806850.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (flaxknuckles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

OnePlus Key #1 -- MB-617A9D3156730F83 - Taken by beat. 13 entrants total.
OnePlus Key #2 -- MB-E9840D8F2B592B4F - Taken by kharma45. 11 entrants total.
OnePlus Key #3 -- MB-B113642FA0672389 - Taken by phalestine. 12 entrants total.
OnePlus Key #4 -- MB-A354D929D1038A30 - Taken by BoboBrazil. 11 entrants total.

t1406841442z1.png

kharma45

Yeah how do you want to do that? Is it set up that we can only go for one or can we have a go at all of them?

Edit - ' - This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.'

I take it then we have four entries.

Top Bottom