• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus One GAF Invite list.

I would just like to thank georaldc for hooking me up with an invite. I just ordered the phone and am anxiously awaiting its arrival.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Diztronic is taking preorders on their website for their tpu cases. $10 plus $2.50 shipping, $1 off with code xda.

Ordered the black one, their tpu cases are good.

milkham

i have no idea how many posts i have in this thread but i entered theoman's give away, good luck everyone

Saiyan-Rox

Hey guys I managed to get one! didn't even enter to win one some guy just messaged me in the end lol

I entered the draw on here (not sure there's a way to pull out?) if I end up winning sort something out lol

Saiyan-Rox

so how long you lot think i'll be waiting for disptach? got my N5 on ebay now (kinda left myself skint lol) need to get a small phone as a temp i think maybe a moto e or something

so how long you lot think i'll be waiting for disptach? got my N5 on ebay now (kinda left myself skint lol) need to get a small phone as a temp i think maybe a moto e or something

I'm guessing about a week, since demand seems to be pretty high at the moment. I can't imagine having to smash your phone and have to wait for the replacement.

Its all luck based tbh I've been trying to get one for ages

The official forum is full of copy and pasters who don't read OP and just post "me" unless its some BS contest in which case the odds against you are still massive

Ugh, yeah I've had a look at their forums and its just invite begging across the boards.

There is one on ebay right now for $10 buy it now.

I did check ebay UK, invites were going for £35 on a buy it now.... :O

Has anyone seen a drop test yet? I'm so paranoid coming from a Nexus covered in an Otterbox for 2.5 years.....it still looks brand new

Ugh, yeah I've had a look at their forums and its just invite begging across the boards.

I did check ebay UK, invites were going for £35 on a buy it now.... :O

Personally, I wouldn't trust ebay for an invite. I'm surprised the price of the phone on ebay isn't ridiculously high.

-MB-

Bought a Oneplus One from someone else who felt it was too big for his tastes, but I already seemingly managed to wreck the USB cable that came with the phone.
Stepped on the charger and bent the pins on it. Now it will only charge and not function
as a hookup to a PC.
Phone itself is awesome though!

If anyone has an extra invite that could send it my way, it would be great. I have a friend that needs a phone as well. If someone can give me an invite, I'll give all the invites I receive back to Gaf once they send out mine for buying the phone.

Also, is there really a benefit to installing a custom rom/kernel on this? Seems like everything is good stock if you root.

-edit- thanks georaldc! Once I get my invites I will pass them along to GAF.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
If anyone has an extra invite that could send it my way, it would be great. I have a friend that needs a phone as well. If someone can give me an invite, I'll give all the invites I receive back to Gaf once they send out mine for buying the phone.

Also, is there really a benefit to installing a custom rom/kernel on this? Seems like everything is good stock if you root.

-edit- thanks georaldc! Once I get my invites I will pass them along to GAF.

Not everybody likes CM. I am more of a Slimkat man myself. The dark mode is so good. Themes are buggy as hell on CM11s.

EGM92

nope no wireless charging

wireless charging is possible, I've got it on mine. You don' need to have a removable battery for wireless charging, just access to the battery itself, which is easy by popping out the sim card tray and slowly and gently prying the sides. You can apply a variety of wireless charging systems but don't skimp and go cheap.

EGM92

I got an extra invite from OPO for helping them fix a bug in the CM11S software. Since I've given 3 already to gaffers. The first person to quote this post gets it.

Quick Fingers Sca2511 gets it.

3rdman

Damn man, I really need a phone...I'm still rolling with a Galaxy 1 for goodness sake...

It's getting really bad right now too...The damn thing drops connection to T-Mo all the time and then it just sits there until I reboot.

EGM92

Damn man, I really need a phone...I'm still rolling with a Galaxy 1 for goodness sake...

It's getting really bad right now too...The damn thing drops connection to T-Mo all the time and then it just sits there until I reboot.

If you're desperate go buy a Moto G/G+ use it until invites are readily available, the Moto G's retain a good portion of their resale values.

The battery life is already on par with the current flagship phones available, bested only by the Xperia Z2 by a small margin.

I just want to be able to change the battery when it starts to go bad later on. I'm sure the battery life is more than enough, for sure. lol

wireless charging is possible, I've got it on mine. You don' need to have a removable battery for wireless charging, just access to the battery itself, which is easy by popping out the sim card tray and slowly and gently prying the sides. You can apply a variety of wireless charging systems but don't skimp and go cheap.
I didn't mean to imply that. I was just wondering if it already was implemented on the device itself. Still. I'll check those systems out. I currently have one on my S3 and it is just too nice.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I will have to try out SlimKat once I get mine. How's battery life for you so far?

Not great but it is because I am getting the GooglePlayServices wakelock that is supposedly fixed in the upcoming OTA update.

Still not terrible, I am sitting at 26% battery life after 14.5 hours off charger and 3h47m screen on time, but my phone hasn't hit deep sleep at all today because of the wakelock so once that gets fixed it should be great.

That is at 25% brightness and most of the day at medium to poor signal, mostly no wifi, Bluetooth on, wifi on, gps on etc.

I might try Mahdi or PA in the meantime.

Not great but it is because I am getting the GooglePlayServices wakelock that is supposedly fixed in the upcoming OTA update.

Still not terrible, I am sitting at 26% battery life after 14.5 hours off charger and 3h47m screen on time, but my phone hasn't hit deep sleep at all today because of the wakelock so once that gets fixed it should be great.

That is at 25% brightness and most of the day at medium to poor signal, mostly no wifi, Bluetooth on, wifi on, gps on etc.

That's not bad. I wasn't aware of that wake lock. Are you using stock kernel or a different one?

I just want to be able to change the battery when it starts to go bad later on. I'm sure the battery life is more than enough, for sure. lol

I didn't mean to imply that. I was just wondering if it already was implemented on the device itself. Still. I'll check those systems out. I currently have one on my S3 and it is just too nice.

I'm sure there will be a way to do it like with ipods =/

rc213

Install Google play services again and reboot, im getting 24-36 hrs off charger with 6hrs on screen time average.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
That's not bad. I wasn't aware of that wake lock. Are you using stock kernel or a different one?

Stock kernel most of the day but flashed Franco when I got home for shits and giggles. I am just going to try some different roms tonight and pick one then see how battery does tomorrow.

The wakelock apparently doesn't affect everyone. It surfaces for me in BetterBatteryStats as a Kernel Wakelock called PowerManagerService and a partial wakelock called SystemUpdateService. It reports in the stock Battery app as just Google Play Services. But yeah, zero Deep Sleep all day, hah, so considering that the battery life was ok.

How do you reinstall Google Play services? Not sure how to do that.

rc213

Stock kernel most of the day but flashed Franco when I got home for shits and giggles. I am just going to try some different roms tonight and pick one then see how battery does tomorrow.

The wakelock apparently doesn't affect everyone. It surfaces for me in BetterBatteryStats as a Kernel Wakelock called PowerManagerService and a partial wakelock called SystemUpdateService. It reports in the stock Battery app as just Google Play Services. But yeah, zero Deep Sleep all day, hah, so considering that the battery life was ok.

Just find the apk on Android central/police phandroid or xda.

I would imagine franco's kernel will help with battery life if you choose the right settings.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I couldn't uninstall updates for Google Play Services because I had Android Device Manager installed and activated. I will try uninstalling updates and letting it update again and see if that helps.

I am not too worried about it, because it got me through the day fine and I am sure it is something that will be fixed somehow.

I couldn't uninstall updates for Google Play Services because I had Android Device Manager installed and activated. I will try uninstalling updates and letting it update again and see if that helps.

I am not too worried about it, because it got me through the day fine and I am sure it is something that will be fixed somehow.

I found the fix to your problem. https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/battery-drain-wakelock-systemupdateservice.50933/#post-2322634

Seems like an issue between CM and google play services. Probably will be fixed in the next OTA update.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
And Deep Sleep has been achieved. Excited to see how battery life is tomorrow.

Thanks for the help guys. Still might try out Mahdi or PA. I haven't used Paranoid Android in years.

Top Bottom