• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus One GAF Invite list.

I sat at home all day waiting for my asshole mailman and the cocksucker put a sorry I missed you note in my mailbox instead of trying to come to my door. Now I have to go to the post office tomorrow to pick up my phone.

Saiyan-Rox

bears-waiting-patiently.jpg

Here waiting for my order to switch from processing to shipped.

you and me both 31st still awaiting shipment

Ok, so I made it to the post office and luckily the mail man had already returned, so I was able to get my phone today. I have it charging right now before I boot it up and it definitely feels awesome in the hand. The back really does feel like sand. It's a strange feeling. You feel like you would have something on your hand when you look at it, but you don't. It's really not as big as I thought it would be either. Feels good in my hand. My build date was July 8th also, so looks like they have alot of stock sitting around and could afford to send out more invites if they wanted to.

Saiyan-Rox

Ok, so I made it to the post office and luckily the mail man had already returned, so I was able to get my phone today. I have it charging right now before I boot it up and it definitely feels awesome in the hand. The back really does feel like sand. It's a strange feeling. You feel like you would have something on your hand when you look at it, but you don't. It's really not as big as I thought it would be either. Feels good in my hand. My build date was July 8th also, so looks like they have alot of stock sitting around and could afford to send out more invites if they wanted to.

I hate to ask cause it might be a once you see it moments but any yellow banding?

I hate to ask cause it might be a once you see it moments but any yellow banding?

Haven't powered it on yet. I want to power it on with a full charge, so I'm charging first. Hasn't it been found that the yellow banding is the glue not settling yet behind the screen and sitting it in the sun or under uv light will fix it?

Saiyan-Rox

Haven't powered it on yet. I want to power it on with a full charge, so I'm charging first. Hasn't it been found that the yellow banding is the glue not settling yet behind the screen and sitting it in the sun or under uv light will fix it?

from what i've read it's hit or miss if it fixes it or not. getting a decent amount of sun here is rare enough as it is lol

from what i've read it's hit or miss if it fixes it or not. getting a decent amount of sun here is rare enough as it is lol

If it is the glue, use over time should fix it anyway due to the heat of the screen. Maybe turn brightness up all the way and leave it on a video playing for a couple of hours?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I am not sure if I'm lucky or blind but i haven't noticed any yellow band. Either way I'm happy.

Using onscreen nav would probably help.

JLG-

VSCO cam is not playing nice with my OPO..

When ever i tap on the screen for it to focus i get a "fatal camera error"..

I think my phone also has the yellowish band at the bottom of th screen but I'm not usually the type to notice unless I consciously look for it. I've been happy with the phone so far so I'm not too bothered by it.

I am not sure if I'm lucky or blind but i haven't noticed any yellow band. Either way I'm happy.

Using onscreen nav would probably help.

It's on the part where the onscreen nav buttons would be, so if you use those that is probably why you don't notice it. I am using the capacitive buttons as I like the extra screen real estate. I'm going to try to run some movies with the brightness all the way up on the screen and see if that might help fix it.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
It's on the part where the onscreen nav buttons would be, so if you use those that is probably why you don't notice it. I am using the capacitive buttons as I like the extra screen real estate. I'm going to try to run some movies with the brightness all the way up on the screen and see if that might help fix it.

Nah i have gone back and forth between capacitive and on screen buttons and still don't notice a band. Ignorance is possibly bliss.

ss_lemonade

I don't think the heat will do you any good. I read that what you need is them UV rays. I also have the yellow band but it doesn't bother me that much.

About the grounding touch screen issue, I believe its a known issue and will be addressed with an upcoming update.

Nah i have gone back and forth between capacitive and on screen buttons and still don't notice a band. Ignorance is possibly bliss.

Maybe you got one without the issue? I don't think it affects every unit.

I don't think the heat will do you any good. I read that what you need is them UV rays. I also have the yellow band but it doesn't bother me that much.

About the grounding touch screen issue, I believe its a known issue and will be addressed with an upcoming update.

Ahh, maybe I'll try putting it on my dashboard tomorrow then in the sun, like I saw a dude do in a video.

Okay, so I turned the screen to full brightness and played a movie on the phone for over an hour and it seemed to make most of the yellowness go away.

kn1ves24

I know I'm sort of LTTP on this but I added myself to the list.

Looking forward to possibly getting an invite sometime. If I get an invite from here or from somewhere else I'll give all my invites back to this thread.

ramuh

Okay, so I turned the screen to full brightness and played a movie on the phone for over an hour and it seemed to make most of the yellowness go away.

Bobo I'm so pissed that you got this phone! I've been dieing to get it! I'm still rocking and old Xperia Arc (2011) on Straight Talk!

I need an invite!

Bobo I'm so pissed that you got this phone! I've been dieing to get it! I'm still rocking and old Xperia Arc (2011) on Straight Talk!

I need an invite!

Hey I won my invite on here, so don't give up hope! I will be giving out my invites on here too once they send a round out. I just installed TWRP and rooted. Gonna run stock rom for now.

Saiyan-Rox

Sucks the banding is still there why they wont acknowledge it even though it is clearly there is shocking

No update for mine still pending shipment

belvedere

Junior Butler
Anyone who received their OPO, have you received any invites to share yet? I've had mine for 3 weeks now and still haven't received any.

Cake Boss

Banned
Packaged arrived at facility

Forwarded for Dilvery at 13:04

*breathing intensifies*

Hopefully it comes in today. The facility is only 12min away from my shipping address.

One thing I don't get from that video is, don't windshields block out UV rays? You would only be subjecting your phone then to extra heat.

Yeah after reading more into it, most windshields do block UV rays now, which leads me to believe heat can help fix the issue. Turning brightness up and playing a movie off Netflix last night definitely helped mine, but it is still slightly yellow on the bottom. I'm going to use a UV light machine today and see if it totally fixes it.

ss_lemonade

Anyone who received their OPO, have you received any invites to share yet? I've had mine for 3 weeks now and still haven't received any.
I got mine around the first week of july and only received my invites last week.

You got to be aware though that you got your invites since they only have a life span of 3 freaking days. I had to check my oneplus account everyday for the sake of spreading the love here at gaf.

I got mine around the first week of july and only received my invites last week.

You got to be aware though that you got your invites since they only have a life span of 3 freaking days. I had to check my oneplus account everyday for the sake of spreading the love here at gaf.

Wait, they don't email you to tell you they gave you invites?

Saiyan-Rox

in case anyone was looking for some the official cases are actually in stock on the site now.

No idea where they ship from though

beat

I can't see any yellow banding on mine, but I may be too forgiving. <shrug>

My old phone wasn't rooted and I didn't want to pay for an app to migrate stuff, so it took hours to get this new phone up to 85% or so completeness, and that's with Google and cloud stuff helping the migration. The Play store re-downloaded almost all my apps, it downloaded my contacts, the UI is pretty solid. But then there was transferring my browser backup (for bookmarks and other state), my text messages and call history,

- Cyanogen has a very flat design to their icons, which is cute but doesn't fit in that well with most other app icons, so it ends up not looking that great unless you have a page just with flat icons.

- my old phone (Galaxy Nexus) somehow got loaded up with so much bloat that it would often take 5-10 seconds to respond to anything. Still getting re-acquainted with a phone that has a snappy response time.

- I'd been using Timeriffic to schedule silence, but I might want to switch over to the profile-based system. (changes ring volume, etc based on triggers such as wifi connects and disconnects)

- the back is nicely grippy, but I still want some kind of protective case or bumper (and actually, I ordered one from eBay, so that'll arrive in a week or two). The front of it is just glass, set above the body, so it's extra exposed. I might get a screen protector too.

- Screen looks great.

- was psyched to see the dual LED flash, but it turns out they're the same color and not the two-tone flash Apple has for color correction.

- looks like the default Camera app doesn't have a photosphere mode?

in case anyone was looking for some the official cases are actually in stock on the site now.

No idea where they ship from though

I ordered this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LWT9DZG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

The official cases don't seem like they actually protect the phone. I used a portable uv light on the phone and it didn't really seem to help the yellow bar on the bottom of the screen. I'm going to give it a couple of weeks and RMA it if the next software update and regular use don't fix it.

Saiyan-Rox

I ordered this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LWT9DZG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

The official cases don't seem like they actually protect the phone. I used a portable uv light on the phone and it didn't really seem to help the yellow bar on the bottom of the screen. I'm going to give it a couple of weeks and RMA it if the next software update and regular use don't fix it.

I ordered a tpu case for mine swell for now not gonna spend money on official stuff yet. Its unlikely a software update will fix the yellow since its hardware shame the UV light didnt work though but aren't the ones at salons stronger than normal ones?

I ordered a tpu case for mine swell for now not gonna spend money on official stuff yet. Its unlikely a software update will fix the yellow since its hardware shame the UV light didnt work though but aren't the ones at salons stronger than normal ones?

I think it actually helped slightly, but it's still noticeable on a white screen. I used one made for nails. It was like 35 watts.

Cake Boss

Banned
I just want a case for the phone that only covers the edges of the phone like a gel and not one that covers the back or front of the phone, just the side edges.

Can anyone recommend me one?

beat

I just want a case for the phone that only covers the edges of the phone like a gel and not one that covers the back or front of the phone, just the side edges.

There's aluminum bumpers on ebay. I haven't got personal experience to recommend or not.

rc213

I'm looking for the same thing but I've only seen the aluminum bumpers. But they affect signal strength no matter how thick they are.

Top Bottom