• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus One GAF Invite list.

EGM92

How so? I was also thinking about buying one if I can't get a OnePlus One soon.

battery life is horrible when compared to many other offerings on the market, the SD801 has huge optimizations, more ram, better screen overall, though size and form factor are up to the persons personal preference. Then you have pricing, memory capacity. N5 =350 for 16GB, OPO= 350 for 64GB.

ramuh

battery life is horrible when compared to many other offerings on the market, the SD801 has huge optimizations, more ram, better screen overall, though size and form factor are up to the persons personal preference. Then you have pricing, memory capacity. N5 =350 for 16GB, OPO= 350 for 64GB.

Oh, I definitely agree on price with OPO but since it's current non-availability to me I might need a phone in the near future with the same price point.

Oh, I definitely agree on price with OPO but since it's current non-availability to me I might need a phone in the near future with the same price point.

I have a feeling OPO will be easy to get in a few more weeks....

Although I still haven't received my early supporter invite I thought I was going to get a week ago

ramuh

I have a feeling OPO will be easy to get in a few more weeks....

Although I still haven't received my early supporter invite I thought I was going to get a week ago

Ah I hope your right. My 2011 Used Sony Xperia Arc is on it's last legs.

rc213

If i hadn't gotten a free one I probably would have just bought a invite from eBay for $20. The battery life is just too damn good compared to the Nexus 5.

Yeah, I think they will be having alot more invites going out soon. My 1+1 was built July 8th that I just got, so they apparently have some stock saved up in warehouses now. The yellow band on my unit is almost gone now. Seems like it is definitely going away.

Lucifon

Due for new phone at the end of this year, definitely considering a 1+1. I think if I managed to grab an invite it'd go from a consideration to a definite. Looks like an awesome device.

Eanan

Any tips or tricks? So many customization options!

Nothing specific to Cyanogenmod that I can see, but definitely root your phone and install xposed on it. Then get some of the good xposed modules on your phone.

I'm using power saving mode (underclocked CPU) and have greenify all set up and am getting a good day and a half at least of moderate usage. So battery life is very good, in comparison to the under a day I used to get with the nexus 4.

colt92

Neo Member
I hope 1+ rolls out a lot more invites soon, like some of you said, because my iPhone 4's mic just stopped working during calls. I've tried a lot of solutions but none worked.
If I can't get my hands on an invite soon I might have to go for another phone.

And I don't think I'm the only one that might become a lost sale.

Scotch

Well, I got an Huawei Ascend P7 with my contract and was planning on selling it for the OPO, but I think I'm just gonna keep it. Between the risk of getting a yellow band One (something that would annoy me to no end), to no 4G support in Europe, and the fact I still have no idea when I can get an invite without begging on forums all day, I kinda lost interest. Maybe I'll upgrade to a Nexus 6 or a OnePlus Two in 6 months or something.

edit: okay scratch that. After playing around with the Ascend P7 for a bit it seems barely better than my Galaxy Nexus. I'm selling this thing.

Birbo

Any tips or tricks? So many customization options!

I use the music player off screen gestures all the time. Love it.

5-hidden-features-make-oneplus-one-even-better.w654.jpg

More here:

http://android.wonderhowto.com/how-to/5-hidden-features-make-oneplus-one-even-better-0156119/

Saiyan-Rox

Mine is processing now swell

People on the opo forum saying processing can mean its been shipped any one get there's when the order still says processing?

Blasty

Is the One Plus One significantly better than the HTC One M8? I'm becoming more and more interested in selling my Moto G and moving on to a high end LTE capable phone. The OPO is a really good deal, but I really like the M8's design.

Birbo

Had to turn all of these gestures off. Screen kept unlocking, opening camera, and turning on flashlight in my pocket.

That sucks. Fortunately I haven't had that issue. Looks like you can shut off the camera and flashlight gestures but still keep the music player ones.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Is the One Plus One significantly better than the HTC One M8? I'm becoming more and more interested in selling my Moto G and moving on to a high end LTE capable phone. The OPO is a really good deal, but I really like the M8's design.

No, it is just nearly half the price.

rc213

Hopefully the next update to 4.4.4 drops soon as they were hoping to have it out by end of july/early august. It includes a fix to the gestures which adds a proximity sensor check to avoid those problems.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Hopefully the next update to 4.4.4 drops soon as they were hoping to have it out by end of july/early august. It includes a fix to the gestures which adds a proximity sensor check to avoid those problems.

They said around a week ago it would be within two weeks.

RuGalz

What makes it 'better' is probably the larger screen and the price point, otherwise, no.

I want it because I believe that it will fix the mic sensitivity issues with trying to use "OK Google" with the Google Now Launcher. Currently you have to have the mic like half an inch from your mouth for it to register the command.

RuGalz

It's weird that the brightness of photos taken with the phone is tied to the screen brightness setting... Seems like a bug to me, I hope it gets fixed.

Saiyan-Rox

Yeah it's hard waiting for this update when it's so easy to just flash another cm based ROM with none of these issues and then flash the 1+1 apps you want.

Tbh when I get mine it'll either be M builds cyan or paranoid android I see little reason to stay on CM11s

When it comes to android L I can see there being a bit of a wait

Tbh when I get mine it'll either be M builds cyan or paranoid android I see little reason to stay on CM11s

When it comes to android L I can see there being a bit of a wait

They said they would have L out within 3 months of it's official release. Really the main reason to stay would be to get the baseband updates if there is one I guess. I'm not sure if they are actually updating the baseband on this phone or not though.

Saiyan-Rox

They said they would have L out within 3 months of it's official release. Really the main reason to stay would be to get the baseband updates if there is one I guess. I'm not sure if they are actually updating the baseband on this phone or not though.

If the rumours are true and they do abandon cm and make thier own android overlay I can see it taking longer I mean look how long it's taking cyan to release an update for cm11s

Saying that though I'm sure we'll see L builds of source before op get it out

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
If the rumours are true and they do abandon cm and make thier own android overlay I can see it taking longer I mean look how long it's taking cyan to release an update for cm11s

Saying that though I'm sure we'll see L builds of source before op get it out

That was for the Chinese version, not international.

XBP

No its not. There are a few things that M8 does better:

- Audio output (speakers and headphones)
- Size (OPO is almost equal to a Note 3)
- Expandable storage

Awesome. I'm thinking of doing a return and just waiting for the Note 4/Iphone 6. The yellow band is annoying me too much. I can't unsee it now.

I can understand that. I got lucky and mine doesn't have the yellow band, but from photos I've seen I get how it could be quite annoying. I'm also planning on getting an iPhone 6, figure that for $650 ending up with the iOS flagship and and Android flagship is just too good to pass up.

I can understand that. I got lucky and mine doesn't have the yellow band, but from photos I've seen I get how it could be quite annoying. I'm also planning on getting an iPhone 6, figure that for $650 ending up with the iOS flagship and and Android flagship is just too good to pass up.

Instead of doing a RMA I might actually try to sell it on craigslist. Might be able to make a profit. They are going for like $450 right?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Got my diztronic TPU case in. Fits well like all Diztronic cases, nice matte black look, but it sucks missing out on the feel of the sandstone. Still, I like the protection you get from a tpu case for how slim they are, so I will suffer the downgrade in feel.

Goyira

Neo Member
How to tell who is next in turn for an invite?
In the OP I only see who wants one, but not if anyone's gotten one.

Scotch

How to tell who is next in turn for an invite?
In the OP I only see who wants one, but not if anyone's gotten one.
The only one who can edit the spreadsheet is the OP, and I haven't seen him post in this thread for quite a while. The list is pretty much useless. :(

Saiyan-Rox

According to someone on opo the UK warehouse has no UK adaptors and has delayed postage for the UK :(

EDIT: and yet someone in the uk got his today same order date as me hmmmmm

oxidax

Well shit I just checked my email and I got an invite.
YAAY!

As soon as I receive the extra invites, assuming that I will get the extra ones, Ill give it to GAF.

The only one who can edit the spreadsheet is the OP, and I haven't seen him post in this thread for quite a while. The list is pretty much useless. :(

Which is unfortunate for the people who are a bit higher up on the list.
I was following this thread pretty closely since there were intermittent updates about the phone invites or contests, but now it's people who have the phone talking about how great it is.
Can't say I'm not jealous.

Seanbob11

According to someone on opo the UK warehouse has no UK adaptors and has delayed postage for the UK :(

EDIT: and yet someone in the uk got his today same order date as me hmmmmm

You got a link? If it's true I'd happily email them saying that I don't need the adapter. I've got plenty of them anyway.

Top Bottom