• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus One GAF Invite list.

devjin

If you ordered it let me know so I can add the Ordered/received status to the list

To everyone else, the list now is up to date (mostly), I know that it hasn't been respected for a while, but now there should not be any problems.

Also,

New rule:

If you are trying to contact someone to give them the invite and they don't reply within an hour or two move on to the next person on the list.

Sure, add me to the ordered status.

Yikes, they are making progress.
I did not receive an invite form OnePlus, I won one in the forums playing a stupid game lol. That means I may be getting 6 invites if everything goes right cause apparently people in the forums have be getting 5 invites to share plus the original invite I have yet to receive but will get sometime at August cause August invites rolls out to member less then 100000, If not I get 4 invites for sure.

I do not think my name is even on the list lol.

U2NUMB

I did not receive an invite form OnePlus, I won one in the forums playing a stupid game lol. That means I may be getting 6 invites if everything goes right cause apparently people in the forums have be getting 5 invites to share plus the original invite I have yet to receive but will get sometime at August cause August invites rolls out to member less then 100000, If not I get 4 invites for sure.

I do not think my name is even on the list lol.

Never mind then .... too good to be true.

Congrats on the invite!

Cake Boss

Banned
Hahaha got my gf hooked on this phone now, she's been wanting the S5 now for sometime but changed her mind after she fooled around with the themes and the customization, plus the music playback touch gestures is really great when you are driving, don't have to turn on phone to switch tracks.

Sounds like the latest CM 11S OTA update is starting to roll out. It adds a new camera mode called Clear Image https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/introducing-clear-image.83393/ and these other fixes:

Upgraded to Android 4.4.4
Updated to new versions of Google apps
Added Clear Image
Added new (colder) calibration for the screen
Proximity sensor prevents activation of off-screen gestures while in your pocket
Capacitive touch keys supported in the recovery mode
Increased capacitive button illumination
Improved overall stability
Fixed issues with vibration being disabled during Quiet Hours
Fixed lockscreen not updating the track information during music playback
Fixed microphone volume for all formats in the Voice Recorder app
Fixed “OK, Google” not triggering voice search in Google Now
Fixed Viber calls not working
Fixed battery percent not updating in custom lock screens
Fixed PicasaSync
Fixed Camera “O” gesture activating lockscreen instead of triggering camera
Fixed wallpapers not applying in full screen, taking the wrong size when cropping, etc

This phone has been my most wanted phone in a while(I don't need an invite since they don't ship in my country anyway).

Any idea if they plan to do a more traditional release worldwide anytime soon?

Xiaomi's MI4(another sexy phone) will probably come here next month, but I'm willing to wait longer if 1+ will release their phone.

Sounds like the latest CM 11S OTA update is starting to roll out. It adds a new camera mode called Clear Image https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/introducing-clear-image.83393/ and these other fixes:

Upgraded to Android 4.4.4
Updated to new versions of Google apps
Added Clear Image
Added new (colder) calibration for the screen
Proximity sensor prevents activation of off-screen gestures while in your pocket
Capacitive touch keys supported in the recovery mode
Increased capacitive button illumination
Improved overall stability
Fixed issues with vibration being disabled during Quiet Hours
Fixed lockscreen not updating the track information during music playback
Fixed microphone volume for all formats in the Voice Recorder app
Fixed “OK, Google” not triggering voice search in Google Now
Fixed Viber calls not working
Fixed battery percent not updating in custom lock screens
Fixed PicasaSync
Fixed Camera “O” gesture activating lockscreen instead of triggering camera
Fixed wallpapers not applying in full screen, taking the wrong size when cropping, etc

It looks like the colder calibration is to try to fix the yellow band? Did anyone update yet and see if it improves the situation?

colt92

Neo Member
You can cross me off the list. I got an invite on the forums, and the payment is made. Let's see how much time does that express delivery take to arrive.

beat

Just had a plastic case from eBay arrive in the mail. It adds an unpleasant amount of bulk to the phone, but I'll take the tradeoff for some peace of mind.

rc213

Easy to sideload just like a Nexus OTA update.

I can already see that Double Tap to wake doesn't work if you cover up the proximity sensor and LTE shows now instead of 4G.

If this fixes the phone waking up in my pocket I will be 100% satisfied with this phone.

I can already see that Double Tap to wake doesn't work if you cover up the proximity sensor and LTE shows now instead of 4G.

If this fixes the phone waking up in my pocket I will be 100% satisfied with this phone.

It's supposed to fix that.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

It does. It has been on the nightlies for a while and ever since i went to it the pocket wakes stopped.

I would try this update out but it seems like a massive hassle to go back to 11s after switching roms.

How do you install the update manually?

I'm glad the gesture issue is fixed, the music-on gesture kept going off in my pocket at work

Edit - I think I found out how to do it

Edit 2 - lol....OK Google doesn't work with UK or Canadian English yet....

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
How much of a jerk would I be if I entered the list but I'm not fully committed?

I am considering this but I'm still a little bit wishy washy on it.

Also is there a microSD slot on this phone?

Are we still using the same list from the OP? I have a spare invite and it needs to go to a happy home.

It's supposed to be up to date, but the people on the list haven't been responding in time to take the invites and One Plus only gives a very tight deadline to use it. I'd say a modbot contest is the better way to go, but that is just my opinion.

Dreaver

Got my phone today. Superb phone, really beautiful, sturdy, fast and a lot of intern space. My only complaint is the size, this thing is FUCKING HUGE. It might be a deal breaker for me as it seems waaaay to big for some situations like festivals. Anyway, don't get me wrong. I'm really happy I have the phone! If the size bothers me too much I'll give it to my mum

A few pictures
X1JNSw1.jpg

VorgOj2.jpg

qznu6xh.jpg

0rriu4b.jpg

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Have they ever said that they are going to start selling the phone without invites?

This is honestly one of the most baffling systems I have ever encountered.

Have they ever said that they are going to start selling the phone without invites?

This is honestly one of the most baffling systems I have ever encountered.

Q3 of this year is the plan. I think the thing is they don't want scalpers to buy them all up, which is what would happen if they put them on sale.

Top Bottom