• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus One GAF Invite list.

I'm surprised most of the people on the lost haven't received early supporter invites.....unless they never signed up for the OPO forums........didn't they get to member number 100k a few days ago?

Received my Diztronic TPU case today, so far so good

What would be considered Q3?

Shit, maybe they said Q4. I know they are supposed to have them on sale for everyone this year.

I put it in the sun for some time yesterday. It didn't help at all. Maybe tomorrow I'll ask a nail studio to put it under UV lights.

It doesn't help. I had mine under a uv light and it was still noticeable. I just sold mine on craigslist instead of dealing with sending it back.

So I bought mine on ebay (famous electronics reseller) and I got it in three days from HK to France (after three days for the guy to validate and send the package). And for more or less the official price (add a few % to the official price with shipping fees).

Phone seems nice but I haven't had a lot of time to explore. It's not so heavy, nor so big, imho (but I'm tall with big hands so I guess that helps).

So I bought mine on ebay (famous electronics reseller) and I got it in three days from HK to France (after three days for the guy to validate and send the package). And for more or less the official price (add a few % to the official price with shipping fees).

Phone seems nice but I haven't had a lot of time to explore. It's not so heavy, nor so big, imho (but I'm tall with big hands so I guess that helps).

Yeah it was actually smaller than I thought it would be. It looked huge in the youtube reviews compared to other phones.

Scotch

You can remove me from the list, Rafy. I bought an LG G2 recently and its 5.2" is about the maximum of what I would like from a screen. Besides I'm too poor to get the OPO right now.

Hammer24

Banned
I´m still patiently waiting for my invite to come up...

tumblr_m47afjvoPR1qhfc59o1_500.gif

shamo42

It doesn't help. I had mine under a uv light and it was still noticeable. I just sold mine on craigslist instead of dealing with sending it back.

You're right. UV doesn't help for me either :/

One other annoyance is that on my One every 5th to 20th touch isn't registered. Do I need to press harder? I'm used to to just slightly touching it from my Nexus.

colt92

Neo Member
Mine just got delivered this morning. I didn't think I would have it this week, since it had been in "Processing" for two whole days. Finally, though, yesterday at 21:40 CET I got a text from the delivery company with the tracking number. The phone took off from Heathrow at 22:40, arrived on Brussels, and immediately took off again and finally landed on Barcelona at 5:30. I was lucky it was delivered yesterday night, since tomorrow is a bank holiday in Spain. Time to try the phone, it looks fantastic.

You're right. UV doesn't help for me either :/

One other annoyance is that on my One every 5th to 20th touch isn't registered. Do I need to press harder? I'm used to to just slightly touching it from my Nexus.

Yeah that UV fix is a bunch of crap. It doesn't work. If you want to sell your phone you probably can on Craigslist pretty quickly for a profit.

I've heard of that touch issue on other forums, but never experienced it myself. I think it's software though, so maybe root and put a custom ROM and it would probably fix it.

Thanks to systemwarrior for an invite. If I get an invite of my own I will give them out.

Poster above me can try oppomart. Be prepared to pay more though.

geetec

Neo Member
Thanks to systemwarrior for an invite. If I get an invite of my own I will give them out.

Poster above me can try oppomart. Be prepared to pay more though.

I don't want to but it's looking like I have to. I really need a phone and it doesn't look like I'm going to get an invite any time soon.

bwahhhhh

Still waiting for an invite as well. How's the speakerphone on this? My old samsung droid charge had a great one, but my Nexus 4's is... iffy. Switched to a month-to-month plan last year (Straight Talk), and have been waiting months for this phone due to the low no-contract price.

Lucifon

It's pretty damn loud.

Good to hear, coming from the HTC One I've grown used to decent speakers on my phone and it's good to see other hardware manufacturers now taking this seriously.

Still hoping for an invite to drop into my email inbox soon...Really hoping they scale this up further soon.

kharma45

Good to hear, coming from the HTC One I've grown used to decent speakers on my phone and it's good to see other hardware manufacturers now taking this seriously.

Still hoping for an invite to drop into my email inbox soon...Really hoping they scale this up further soon.

I doubt you'll be as impressed as with Boomsound but it's not bad for two mono speakers.

FreezeSSC

Damn I just realized I had to sign up for their forum. I registered way back in may before they sent out phones and thought getting on there mailing list was all I needed to do so I never checked back.

keezy

Damn I just realized I had to sign up for their forum. I registered way back in may before they sent out phones and thought getting on there mailing list was all I needed to do so I never checked back.

I just realized this also. I think it's too late though. I'm waiting to jump ship on the iPhone 6.

U2NUMB

I did the same damn thing.. realized it back in June but I would have been top 10k if I had known you have to register on the forums to get on the list..

The communication with this phone has been horrible.

Yeah I never knew you had to, so I didn't register until I ordered the phone. I sold mine due to yellow band and was thinking I'd get another once the issue is fixed, but I think now I'll just wait and get the Note 4 or Nexus 6. That new cpu and gpu is too sexy to pass up.

solarus

I'm just posting to say I would still be interested in an invite if the list ever reaches me, I'll give my invites back to GAF too. Got back into android with a moto g since my iPhone 4 battery was poop and I'm liking KitKat a whole lot.

Man I just bought another one. Hopefully this one doesn't have the yellow band or I'm gonna sell it again. It's really a no lose situation since I can sell it and make more than what I am paying for it. The key is just to be active on their forums.

What are your production dates? They can be found on the box. Also have you went to a pure white screen on the phone?

Production was early July or something like that, I'm not by the box. I've done a pure white screen test and compared it to my iPhone 5S, it looked completely fine to me.

Production was early July or something like that, I'm not by the box. I've done a pure white screen test and compared it to my iPhone 5S, it looked completely fine to me.

Of course I've checked it on a white background, July 17th I think

You guys must have to got two of the good ones. I'd say it affects 60-70% of the phones though. Hopefully the one I get soon will have a build date of August. I'm hoping they fixed the issue.

beat

I just got a "tempered glass screen protector" delivered from ebay. Between that and the silicone case, also from ebay, I feel relatively confident that it can survive a small drop or minor scratches.

I just got a "tempered glass screen protector" delivered from ebay. Between that and the silicone case, also from ebay, I feel relatively confident that it can survive a small drop or minor scratches.

Those glass screen protectors seem excessive. I've had normal cases on my phones and dropped them and the screen never cracked. The case usually has a lip to protect the screen.

By the way, I still haven't been given invites to give out even those I ordered my phone over 2 weeks ago.

beat

Those glass screen protectors seem excessive. I've had normal cases on my phones and dropped them and the screen never cracked. The case usually has a lip to protect the screen.
Yeah, but it was six bucks, so why not.

By the way, I still haven't been given invites to give out even those I ordered my phone over 2 weeks ago.
Me neither.

keezy

I was excited to see an email from "OnePlus" in my inbox.

After further examination it appeared to be a phishing attempt....

Damn you!

Top Bottom