• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus One GAF Invite list.

PARANO1A

This phone is the real deal. Feels like a huge upgrade from the Nexus 5 if you pardon the pun. I rarely lasted a full day without a charge. It's nearly 10pm and I'm still sitting above 50 percent with the Oneplus One.

U2NUMB

My phone has been processing for 3 days... ship that shit OnePlus!!!! Ordered mine on Sunday (28th)

My Lumina 920 is acting up.. I am prime for the picking!

I actually tested my pants pockets with my mom's iPhone 6+. It definitely pushes the limits, but I think I'll be ok with it.

Yea I received the case for my OnePlus that I ordered.. it fits into my pants. Good call on borrowing a phone to test.

kingocfs

This phone is the real deal. Feels like a huge upgrade from the Nexus 5 if you pardon the pun. I rarely lasted a full day without a charge. It's nearly 10pm and I'm still sitting above 50 percent with the Oneplus One.

Yeah the battery is really great. This is my first Android phone and in loving it.

cbox

Yeah the battery is really great. This is my first Android phone and in loving it.

Feel the same way! I don't play games on my phone or watch any videos and this thing is blowing me away battery life wise. Writing emails, browsing gaf, uploading pics - I hope it lasts.

RuGalz

Anymore invites going around? I was on the initial list, but it doesn't seem like anyone is going by that anymore. I got a Moto G 2nd Gen for my wife, which was great, but the touchscreen stopped working after a week and Motorola has been terrible about sending a replacement, so I think i'll just get a refund and try to get this.

pm me if you still need it

I have that case. It makes the screen of my phone collect a lot of lint and dust in my pocket. Protection wise I think it would be great. The lip is pretty thick.

Now the sh*tstorm begins.

10 With delivery courier SOMEWHERE - NICE COUNTRY 08:09 1 Piece

It's 8:20 now and I gotta go to an IT course. Won't be back until later today, tomorrow is Saturday and Monday-Friday is gonna follow the same routine.
I wonder when I'll be able to get the phone :/

Is there any way to tell DHL to come only after certain hours, assuming they still deliver at that time of course?

edit :
Delivery attempted; recipient not home SOMEWHERE - NICE COUNTRY 14:03

Nooooooo =(

U2NUMB

Well my phone finally shipped last night. Ordered last Sunday... not happy it ships USPS... thought it would have been UPS or Fedex so hope my carrier does not mess up the deliever which they often do.

Edit: Strange.. so I did not get shipping notification till it was in my town and now it says out to be delivered. I am pretty happy about that but it requires a signature which is fine but I might not be home :O

kms_md

My phone has been processing for 3 days... ship that shit OnePlus!!!! Ordered mine on Sunday (28th)

Yea I received the case for my OnePlus that I ordered.. it fits into my pants. Good call on borrowing a phone to test.

my phone was in processing from Thursday last week until Tuesday - I received it yesterday.

Seanspeed

Banned
I have that case. It makes the screen of my phone collect a lot of lint and dust in my pocket. Protection wise I think it would be great. The lip is pretty thick.
I've got a glass screen protector, so I'm ok with dust and lint getting on it. Not gonna hurt it. And yes, I got it because it looked like it'd be good protection. I hate to put a case on it, but I think I need to.

If I ever get it......ordered it last Friday and my status still says 'Processing'. :(

I've got a glass screen protector, so I'm ok with dust and lint getting on it. Not gonna hurt it. And yes, I got it because it looked like it'd be good protection. I hate to put a case on it, but I think I need to.

If I ever get it......ordered it last Friday and my status still says 'Processing'. :(

Some people get their phones before order status changes. I think they gave out too many invites and they didn't have the phones to cover the amount of purchases. Plus people in China are on a. Week vacation I believe so factories aren't producing phones right now.

asdad123

Attempting to return this phone is ridiculous. Im getting horrible service on it at work and at home (1 bar, while my s5 usually got 3 to 4 bars normally). I put in a ticket for a return back on Wednesday at 6 am, and nearly two and a half days later, they only sent me an email stating "Don't worry, we still have your ticket, but didn't respond yet".

Honestly, thats a ridiculous length of time. Soon enough, Ill be out of the 14 day return period.

Attempting to return this phone is ridiculous. Im getting horrible service on it at work and at home (1 bar, while my s5 usually got 3 to 4 bars normally). I put in a ticket for a return back on Wednesday at 6 am, and nearly two and a half days later, they only sent me an email stating "Don't worry, we still have your ticket, but didn't respond yet".

Honestly, thats a ridiculous length of time. Soon enough, Ill be out of the 14 day return period.

Just sale it on Craigslist. Samsung bullshits the number of bars though. You need to check the actual db number you are getting under settings. I'd check that before claiming it gets you horrible service. I get the same db reading from my Samsung and OPO on T-Mobile.

asdad123

Just sale it on Craigslist. Samsung bullshits the number of bars though. You need to check the actual db number you are getting under settings. I'd check that before claiming it gets you horrible service. I get the same db reading from my Samsung and OPO on T-Mobile.

Its not just the Samsung. I owned a iphone 5s and a 5 before and have never had such bad service. As I type this, I'm jumping between 0-1 bars sitting next to a window on the first floor of my house.

Its not just the Samsung. I owned a iphone 5s and a 5 before and have never had such bad service. As I type this, I'm jumping between 0-1 bars sitting next to a window on the first floor of my house.

Apple does the same thing as Samsung lol. Go to settings and check your signal strength. I bet it's the same or very close on all 3 phones. Flashing stock based roms on my old Samsung Galaxies did the same exact thing to the bars.

I would run a check before you dump the phone unless you have other reasons. I thought the phone has bad connection also compare to my old phone but it download and receive call just as good as my Lumia even if it report less bar. I think carrier brand phone are rig to make you think you are getting good reception.

Mine was processing for several days then it just complete and I got it the next day. It took me about 5 days to get the phone couple months ago.

Also coming from Lumia, camera on this phone is crappy in comparison. It's a decent camera but don't go expecting something great. Shutter speed is much faster than the Lumia but low light shot is average to poor. That said it is the best Android phone I have ever used by far.

kharma45

Got mine this morning as well.. wow what a strange shift from a Windows phone... little overwhelming but I am figuring it out.

I think I'll go back to WP when I come to change my phone. The grass is slighter greener with Android but I still miss how WP worked.

D23

So is this the official opo thread?

Anyway. I got my opo yesterday. And wow. Coming from HTC one m7. It is a big upgrade for me. Amazing phone all around. Build quality is amazing. Love the sand stone on the back. Battery life is what impressed me the most.. I've been using it all day and I still have 45%. That's crazy.

U2NUMB

Tell you one thing.. I FUCKING hate Android texting.. actual texting. It is just horrible.. like I have to re type everything. Are there any tips to this? I have no issue on my Lumina .. first experience with this and it is horrible. Wrong letters all over the place

Tell you one thing.. I FUCKING hate Android texting.. actual texting. It is just horrible.. like I have to re type everything. Are there any tips to this? I have no issue on my Lumina .. first experience with this and it is horrible. Wrong letters all over the place

Did you download google keyboard? Not sure why you need to retype. I don't have any issues using google keyboard.

Their lack of response doesn't matter as long as you submit a ticket within the 14 days. It specifically states that when you submit the ticket.

I'm returning mine also. I love the hardware, but little things about Android annoy me too much. Anyone who likes Android though is going to love this phone.

kharma45

I find Swiftkey will sometimes randomly erase what I've written :\

Yes, standard keyboard suck and I don't care for Android keyboard either. I download and use Swiftkey, and prefer that to Android .

Tidd

after giving out all my invites, a family member wants it... anyone has one invite to spare?

Since I don't really NEED a new phone I guess I could give away my invite. Must be ready to buy immediately since it's only valid for another 16ish hours.

Kysel

Its me again!
Have a happy friend with a 1+1 now, however another friend at work wants one.

Anyone got a spare invite?

Would be muchly appreciative.

Windam

Scaley member
This phone is stupid fast. Just got it today and holy shit I am blown away. Such an upgrade over the Galaxy Note LTE.

Now I just have to wait for the OZReally screen protector to ship. Here's hoping the screen stays flawless until then (using the official flip cover with it).

Top Bottom