• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus One GAF Invite list.

XBP

Just got an invite from OPO. I dont need it so if anyone wants one, PM me. (less than 24 hours left to claim it). After claiming you'll have 24 hours to buy the phone.

kharma45

Saw over 5 hours of Screen-on Time today for the first time. Things seem to have sorted themselves whatever was killing my battery. Hopefully 36R brings the rumoured improvements.

kharma45

New update rolling out

This CM 11S 38R release comes with a new firmware that improves the responsiveness of the touchscreen; a new and very cool lockscreen; the ability to take photos in RAW format, enhanced audio capabilities (now the One lets you play high resolution music—24 bit, 96/192khz—flac/alac/wav files without resampling); now that health is that important, we’ve added ANT+ support; and a slew of bug fixes we know you’ve been asking for.
Here’s a comprehensive list of other changes you’ll find in this update:
- Added method for users to report bugs directly to Cyanogen.
- Added pause button during video recording.
- Fixed issues with camera exposure compensation stuck in ‘auto’.
- Fixed issues with ‘4G Preferred’ option not connecting to 3G data.
- Fixed issues with delay in torch activation.
- Fixed issues with unresponsive screen requiring reboot.
- Fixed issues with static in speaker when changing volume while headset plugged in.
- Fixed issues with rotation not triggering when rotated slowly.
- Fixed issues with Quiet Hours / system UI causing battery drain on last day of month.
- Fixed issues with camera not starting when LED torch is already on.
- Fixed issues with Bluetooth volume low on connection.

Changes that didn't make the change log for whatever reason
•RX1 Digital Volume value changed from 84 to 90 in mixer_paths.xml file.
•Quick settings ribbon tiles no longer require side-scrolling.
•New Soft Reboot option in Advanced Reboot menu.

3rdman

Hopefully I'll get the phone today...I stupidly left the wrong zip code on the shipping address. It's been redirected but no update has appeared since Sunday...Hopefully today...I'm so sick of my present phone... :(

Seanspeed

Banned
After having the phone for a few days now, I've gotta say this thing is amazing. Super fast, great camera, easy to use, size is intimidating but worthwhile, well built and certainly has a wow factor to it. When I went into the phone shop to get my sim, the employees there all had to take a look at it and were really impressed, especially after telling them how much it cost.

And I love how easy and comprehensive the customization is. That was one of the big reasons I was looking forward to it and it delivered on that.

So yea, super happy so far. None of the issues that others have reported, either. No yellow band, perfectly adequate call volume, keyboard inputs are accurate.

I'll have the phone in my hands in two to two and a half hours! Excited.
I just hope the screen protection + case I ordered will be in my mailbox when I get back home.
I also need to get my SIM cut into a Micro SIM.

BigFwoosh

New update is great. The battery drop when the phone is asleep is incredibly minimal now, and the screen is definitely way more responsive when typing.

I'm absolutely new at Android, so what happens to Cyanogen when you're rooting the phone? It only wipes data or does it also touch the firmware?

Should I just wait until I install CM 11S 38R then do the rooting, or root before updating?

beat

Quote for this one. It expires in about 22h

EDIT: I just got one more, also shared here. expires in 24 h.

I'm absolutely new at Android, so what happens to Cyanogen when you're rooting the phone? It only wipes data or does it also touch the firmware?

Should I just wait until I install CM 11S 38R then do the rooting, or root before updating?

Unlocking the boot loader wipes data. I'd install all updates and then unlock boot loader just to make sure you have the most up to date radio.

Yes. Unlocking boot loader is needed and that will wipe data. It is better to do it before you set anything up.
Cheers, will do.

Incidentally I just read some of the comments posted on a news story about the OPO update and I never realised people could get so...passionate about their mobile phone preferences. Very strange.

Quick question, is there like a delay in region for who get the update?
I saw the announcement but I haven't gotten a prompt on my phone and it also didn't pop up on the system updates menu.

Any ideas?

Quick question, is there like a delay in region for who get the update?
I saw the announcement but I haven't gotten a prompt on my phone and it also didn't pop up on the system updates menu.

Any ideas?

They are doing a slow rollout. You can download the zip and flash from recovery to get it now.

Flare

The 24-hour limit is unusual.

In any case, if there's any one that wants an invite, quote the post. Let me know when you've claimed it please.

Got it earlier today. Coming from the Moto G, as much as I liked that phone, this is a massive step up. Loving it so far. Was skeptical about the size but I'm already used to it after a few hours.

Just had one issue so far - rooted fine and changed the DPI to 401, but it messed the keyboard up a bit. It works fine, it's just that the little preview thingy that pops up when you hit a key is missing the background. Not crippling, just annoying. Anyone come across this before?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Got it earlier today. Coming from the Moto G, as much as I liked that phone, this is a massive step up. Loving it so far. Was skeptical about the size but I'm already used to it after a few hours.

Just had one issue so far - rooted fine and changed the DPI to 401, but it messed the keyboard up a bit. It works fine, it's just that the little preview thingy that pops up when you hit a key is missing the background. Not crippling, just annoying. Anyone come across this before?

Try 380 and see if that fixes it?

Loving the phone so far.
One thing that keeps happening though is the phone disconnects from the network fairly often. when I'm browsing or in a game it can happen a couple times in an hour for about 10 seconds. Its annoying in games that need to be connected. Anyone know what would cause it to do that?

Saw over 5 hours of Screen-on Time today for the first time. Things seem to have sorted themselves whatever was killing my battery. Hopefully 36R brings the rumoured improvements.

I am running 38R and battery life seems a tad better but I never have terrible battery life even with the last two update. 33R I did noticed that the battery were not quite as good as when I got the phone but it was still very good.

I really like the new custom lock screen (seems they just copy Windows Phone metro lock screen. I wish you can customized it further with more notification icons.

I managed to get an invite yesterday and I put my order in for the 64gb version. I was surprised the postage was only £5 for the cheapest. How quickly have they been shopping out as it's been over 24 hours now. I'm impatient haha

I managed to get an invite yesterday and I put my order in for the 64gb version. I was surprised the postage was only £5 for the cheapest. How quickly have they been shopping out as it's been over 24 hours now. I'm impatient haha
Ordered mine on Sunday and got it on Wednesday. Might be quicker depending what time you ordered though, since I doubt anyone works on a Sunday.

3rdman

After being lost in the mail for a couple of days, I finally got it on Tuesday...I've been playing with it since and DAMN I love this phone. I upgraded from a 1st gen Galaxy S phone so this is like jumping into the future overnight. So good!

StuffRuff

Ordered Monday and stupidly paid for £10 express. Still not here and its Thursday....

Apparently theres a thread on the forums saying that every single person that has gone for standard delivery has got theirs the same time or earlier than those who used express. So be warned, save your £5 and get standard.

I'll have to wait and see what turns up in the next few days if at all....

Ordered Monday and stupidly paid for £10 express. Still not here and its Thursday....

Apparently theres a thread on the forums saying that every single person that has gone for standard delivery has got theirs the same time or earlier than those who used express. So be warned, save your £5 and get standard.

I'll have to wait and see what turns up in the next few days if at all....

Has yours actually shipped yet? Mine is still pending.

StuffRuff

Has yours actually shipped yet? Mine is still pending.

Well yesterday it changed from Pending Shipment to Processing, which it has been on ever since. But I didnt get any email to say so nor any tracking info emailed to me, so I've no idea if that means shipped or preparing to ship.

I've read a few people saying that they've had Processing on the order right up until it was delivered.

Well yesterday it changed from Pending Shipment to Processing, which it has been on ever since. But I didnt get any email to say so nor any tracking info emailed to me, so I've no idea if that means shipped or preparing to ship.

I've read a few people saying that they've had Processing on the order right up until it was delivered.

Bliemy, that took a long time then. Mine is still showing as pending shipment. Next week for me I guess.

The battery on this thing is awesome. An average day's use and I've still got two thirds left.

Also digging the capacitive buttons which I'd heard weren't so great. The extra screen retail is a welcome bonus too.

Just need to find a case now...although I'm not too happy about hiding that funky back texture so I dunno.

cbox

The battery on this thing is awesome. An average day's use and I've still got two thirds left.

Also digging the capacitive buttons which I'd heard weren't so great. The extra screen retail is a welcome bonus too.

Just need to find a case now...although I'm not too happy about hiding that funky back texture so I dunno.

I grabbed a diztronic or whatever case and it's awesome. I got over the sandstone back in a day. It feels nice at first, but I was afraid of touching it because it just shows every smudge and stain, mostly from your hand oil.

Top Bottom