• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus One GAF Invite list.

senahorse

I grabbed a diztronic or whatever case and it's awesome. I got over the sandstone back in a day. It feels nice at first, but I was afraid of touching it because it just shows every smudge and stain, mostly from your hand oil.

I was originally using the oneplus flip cover but have since changed to a Tudia case, much better fit and protection. I got an official case for my gf and it didn't even fit the phone :/ She also has a Tudia now, perfect fit.

This is the one I have:

oneplus-one-case-tudia.jpg

Yeah the Diztronic and Tudia were the two I was looking at.

Although I might get insurance instead and risk it case-less. Plus I want theft insurance, since that has happened to me before (iPhone 5).

Anyone had experience with insurance2go (or any other insurer for that matter)?

StuffRuff

Bliemy, that took a long time then. Mine is still showing as pending shipment. Next week for me I guess.

Mine just changed to Shipped today, but DHL only do working day delivery so looks like I'll be looking at Monday for definite. Tracking says its currently at Heathrow.

Got to admit, been very dissapointed with how long its taken to get shipped, 4-5 days isn't really acceptable when I've paid for Express shipping and they are still taking invite only orders. God knows how they're going to manage when they go public release if they still cant keep up at the moment.

keezy

I grabbed a diztronic or whatever case and it's awesome. I got over the sandstone back in a day. It feels nice at first, but I was afraid of touching it because it just shows every smudge and stain, mostly from your hand oil.

I hear ya on that. I like mine but after a few weeks it's starting to look tired.

I was originally using the oneplus flip cover but have since changed to a Tudia case, much better fit and protection. I got an official case for my gf and it didn't even fit the phone :/ She also has a Tudia now, perfect fit.

Whatever you do just don't get official cover or case, they are all junk. I got a white one which does not fit and all four corners start to crack in less than a day. Few days later one corner was completely chip away.

I have Ditztronic and it fits really well. The red look good but stain quickly unfortunately. I usually hate the TPU type case but this one feel really nice.

EmPipsHl.jpg

I know someone who would really like an invite. Anyone got an extra? Preferably one that doesn't expire imminently as I won't be able to give it to him till tomorrow.

Mine just changed to Shipped today, but DHL only do working day delivery so looks like I'll be looking at Monday for definite. Tracking says its currently at Heathrow.

Got to admit, been very dissapointed with how long its taken to get shipped, 4-5 days isn't really acceptable when I've paid for Express shipping and they are still taking invite only orders. God knows how they're going to manage when they go public release if they still cant keep up at the moment.

Blimey that really is crap. Hopefully yours arrives soon.

asdad123

Lol at this company's customer support. I opened a ticket asking for a return because I wasn't satisfied with the cellular reception. In my ticket I said I do not want a replacement, but rather just a full return because it was well within the 14 days.

They kept emailing me saying "we haven't forgot about you." Now 10 days later I get an email saying to change my apn settings because that is why I'm getting bad service. They didn't even acknowledge that I was asking for a return. Mind you I am now out of the 14 day return policy and my ticket is closed therefore I can't return it lol. Thankfully I sold it on Craigslist and got most of my money back.

This company really needs to handle customer service better.

Lol at this company's customer support. I opened a ticket asking for a return because I wasn't satisfied with the cellular reception. In my ticket I said I do not want a replacement, but rather just a full return because it was well within the 14 days.

They kept emailing me saying "we haven't forgot about you." Now 10 days later I get an email saying to change my apn settings because that is why I'm getting bad service. They didn't even acknowledge that I was asking for a return. Mind you I am now out of the 14 day return policy and my ticket is closed therefore I can't return it lol. Thankfully I sold it on Craigslist and got most of my money back.

This company really needs to handle customer service better.

You are getting typical overseas customer support by people who don't speak English as their first language unfortunately. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't speak English at all honestly and are just using google translate. Just file a dispute with PayPal and file a claim. They will refund your money.

I got an invite email but have a lg g3. Can I send that to someone or do I have to buy the phone to get invites to give away? I'm on tmobile and would love to use it but I'm on contract with this phone.

Are we are ever going to get a proper OT? More than a few of us have the device.

It will just end up with bunch of trolls instead of talking about phone. From my short time with Android and browsing the forum, let just said some people make console war pretty tame by comparison.

Cake Boss

Banned
Anyone notices some performance issues and crashes since the update? My apps are crashing more and the other day I had to hard reset turn off the phone cuz it froze.

Anyone notices some performance issues and crashes since the update? My apps are crashing more and the other day I had to hard reset turn off the phone cuz it froze.
Amazon music crash now all the time with the latest update. I have Chrome freeze on me once and have to hard reset but otherwise performance is better overall.

3rdman

Still no 38R for me. Was there any truth to the rollout being stuck/paused?
I got tired of waiting so I downloaded 38r from Android Police and installed it through recovery. I am NOT rooted and it worked perfect...just make sure that you are already on 33r before doing this. After installing it, wipe cache and reboot.

I don't know if others have had problems but mine is running PERFECTLY

By the way, with this update, battery life is insane...in standby mode, it burns just 5% over 12 hours....that equates to 10 days.

kingocfs

I had my first random reboot ever with this phone last night. 38R, stock rom, unlocked bootloader and the phone was idle. Hadn't experienced a random reboot before, although I did install a new icon pack so I'm thinking it may be related to that.

DayEnder

Anybody able to share an invite? I bought the phone (got it, yes it is great) and now my brother wants to get one too.

Edit: I haven't been issued any invites from One Plus yet.

Edit 2: I can offer a copy of Civ 5 (humble bundle gift link) if anyone is interested.

U2NUMB

Over a week with my phone.. loving it and finally getting really into the Android world. Outside of a couple odd glitches where volume did not work till I rebooted the phone has been great.

I got tired of waiting so I downloaded 38r from Android Police and installed it through recovery. I am NOT rooted and it worked perfect...just make sure that you are already on 33r before doing this. After installing it, wipe cache and reboot.

I don't know if others have had problems but mine is running PERFECTLY

By the way, with this update, battery life is insane...in standby mode, it burns just 5% over 12 hours....that equates to 10 days.

That's how I updated mine. I love how easy and fast it is. I did forget to wipe my cache this time...

StuffRuff

Blimey that really is crap. Hopefully yours arrives soon.

Cheers! Phone arrived today just before lunch by DHL.

Despite still being a bit miffed about the dispatch times, got to admit, it was worth the wait!

Phone really is a lovely slab of tech. It's nice to be able to stick to stock(ish) android as well for a change for a big phone. Came from a Moto G and its been so nice to not have any manufacturer overlay on top.

Had the 38R update waiting for me as well which was great!

kharma45

Cheers! Phone arrived today just before lunch by DHL.

Despite still being a bit miffed about the dispatch times, got to admit, it was worth the wait!

Phone really is a lovely slab of tech. It's nice to be able to stick to stock(ish) android as well for a change for a big phone. Came from a Moto G and its been so nice to not have any manufacturer overlay on top.

Had the 38R update waiting for me as well which was great!

Moto G is pretty close to stock, no?

wpid-wp-1406099364761.jpeg

Hammer24

Banned
Got my phone since early September - and still didn´t get any invites to share. How long does it take? Need one for my brother-in-law, talked him into getting out of Apple´s walled garden! :)

Skele7on

Banned
users of the phone can I get an invite?

Due an upgrade and the iPhone 6 is simply horrible in my opinion at the price with no real wow factors at all.

Top Bottom