• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus One GAF Invite list.

Has anyone messed with profiles much? I set them up yesterday for my home and work WiFi, but I am finding that the profile isn't switching over to the default until I unlock the phone for the first time. Or even just wake the phone, as I set it up to have no lock screen at home.

Seems like a great idea but that is a bit of a dangerous issue, surely? If I don't wake the phone after leaving my house anyone could get in without a password!

beat

I usually just download zip file and update. My past experience is they roll out the update very slowly.

From whatever it started with to 33R, it took me over a week between first reading about the update and it actually being rolled out to my phone.

Tannequy

Dammit I say... I waited months for an invite. A couple weeks ago I break my old phone so no choice but to buy a new one (at least it's a Nexus 5 so there that)...and NOW OnePlus sends me an invite. Damn you invite system, I hope you burn in hell.

If anybody needs an invite, quote to reveal.

I sold my OPO after a week of using it and i'm not going to lie, I miss it. I was kind of hoping the guy I sold it to was going to flake and send it back or something. Oh well!

I'm envious of everyone here.

I sold my OPO after a week of using it and i'm not going to lie, I miss it. I was kind of hoping the guy I sold it to was going to flake and send it back or something. Oh well!

I'm envious of everyone here.

I've had a few. I think the only phone that will compare will be Nexus 6. OPO has it beat on looks though.

If I get any invites I might just use one for myself :p I really liked the hardware but there were some things about Android I couldn't deal with. I think next time i'll install the scrolling mod from the very start and maybe that will frustrate me less.

The leaked shamu photos were not flattering.

Finally got the phone yesterday and I'm loving it. Moving from the nexus 4 the battery is a god send. I charged it 20 hours agao and it's still only at 30% after downloading all my apps and the updates.

Some little niggles though. The icons seem massive. Is there any way to make them smaller? I've checked in the settings and I can't see anything.

Also this is my first phone with capacitive buttons. Is there any way to switch the function of the menu button and the back button? As a right hander it makes no sense for the menu button to right side, as it's harder to reach.

Dorpheus

Neo Member
Anyone got an invite? I was waiting for the nexus 6 announcement to see if the rumors were true, and it looks like it's even worse than expected (for me personally). I've been more than ready to move on from my old Lumia 710 for months.

Well, since the Nexus 6 costs $650 (!) I guess the OPO has the higher end VFM market to itself for a while. I just hope they don't follow suit and increase the price of the Two...

keezy

Got an invite this morning. Giving back to where I got mine. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Edit: Claimed. If I get any more I'll keep coming back here to give them away.

Got an invite this morning. Giving back to where I got mine. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Edit: Claimed. If I get any more I'll keep coming back here to give them away.

Keezy for el presidente, I'll be sure to pay it forward when some come my way.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
With the nexus 6 announcement, this thread is about to get real active again lol.

Also, I don't know if the OP still updates the list, but if so I wouldn't mind being added. I would give back the max number of invites :D

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
With the nexus 6 announcement, this thread is about to get real active again lol.

Also, I don't know if the OP still updates the list, but if so I wouldn't mind being added. I would give back the max number of invites :D

The list is dead. You should be able to easily get an invite from someone here within a day.

I'm in the same boat, not overly impressed with the 6 and this looks like a good choice for now. With the Nexus 6 announcement it has also got me considering a Nokia Lumia 1520 too.

Can't really consider this phone till I can get an invite though!

Finally got the phone yesterday and I'm loving it. Moving from the nexus 4 the battery is a god send. I charged it 20 hours agao and it's still only at 30% after downloading all my apps and the updates.

Some little niggles though. The icons seem massive. Is there any way to make them smaller? I've checked in the settings and I can't see anything.

Also this is my first phone with capacitive buttons. Is there any way to switch the function of the menu button and the back button? As a right hander it makes no sense for the menu button to right side, as it's harder to reach.

For the capacitive/on-screen buttons, jump to the Settings and it should be under a submenu called "Buttons". It let's you customize between a set of actions and adding a long-press action.

I actually didn't check for icon sizing in normal Cyanogen since I installed Themer right from the get-go and the app lets you customize that in their own settings menu.

Fake edit: I just checked it and I can't seem to find the option in Cyanogen, that's odd.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
For the capacitive/on-screen buttons, jump to the Settings and it should be under a submenu called "Buttons". It let's you customize between a set of actions and adding a long-press action.

I actually didn't check for icon sizing in normal Cyanogen since I installed Themer right from the get-go and the app lets you customize that in their own settings menu.

Fake edit: I just checked it and I can't seem to find the option in Cyanogen, that's odd.

It is in the nightlies but you can't change the function of the back button. You can change the function of the menu button though you can't make it the back button.

valeo

Hey guys,

Anyone have a spare invite for the 16GB version?

Cheers. My phone of 3 years died on me - this looks like the best option!

Bloodember

Well, now that the nexus 6 was announced, I can now decide on a phone. I really like the Oneplus One if anyone has an invite, that would be great.

RuGalz

long press on empty space on home screen as if you were going to change wallpaper... there's a very faint 3 dots on the screen it brings up, scroll all the way to the bottom and there's a "larger icons" option, turn it off. it's not a big difference though... if you install different launcher and make home pages denser, it would force the icon sizes down...

You can only change it for on-screen buttons which you can enable in options, but that does take up screen real estate.

hey I requested an invite before, but wasn't able to fulfill it in time, does anyone have a 64GB invite available? I'll make sure to give back my most of my invites to the folks here.

It is in the nightlies but you can't change the function of the back button. You can change the function of the menu button though you can't make it the back button.

I wish Android is more consistent, I actually get used to having back button on the right side (and it's actually make sense for big phone) however, the menu button doesn't always work with all the apps.

RuGalz

I wish Android is more consistent, I actually get used to having back button on the right side (and it's actually make sense for big phone) however, the menu button doesn't always work with all the apps.

They just need to let on-screen buttons position adjustable like the default behavior in Cyanogenmod.

Qvoth

so i just got myself an invite, but i won't be needing it since i'm going to hongkong next month, i'll probably buy this over there
quote for the code, good luck~

i'm not sure if just posting the code will work, so if you have problems just PM
btw it will expire in 24 hours

Garibaldi

so i just got myself an invite, but i won't be needing it since i'm going to hongkong next month, i'll probably buy this over there
quote for the code, good luck~

i'm not sure if just posting the code will work, so if you have problems just PM
btw it will expire in 24 hours

Sweet thanks mate I've claimed it. Much appreciated.

Top Bottom