• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus One GAF Invite list.

I sure have to restart my phone a ton... has me a bit worried.

Welcome to Android? Seriously though, I did have a few crash but I haven't got any since 33R update. 38R so has been mostly solid. Are there certain apps that you use that might be causing the restart?

I sure have to restart my phone a ton... has me a bit worried.
Strange...I've only had to restart once when Chrome messed up and I couldn't zoom in or out.

It keeps dropping my WiFi connection though, but I had the same problem with my Moto G - I think it is an Android wide issue which kinda sucks.

Strange...I've only had to restart once when Chrome messed up and I couldn't zoom in or out.

It keeps dropping my WiFi connection though, but I had the same problem with my Moto G - I think it is an Android wide issue which kinda sucks.

There are some new WiFi drivers in Franco and AK kernels that might help if you have an unlocked bootloader.

Seanspeed

Banned
Is this phone supposed to have like the best battery ever?

I got nearly 48 hours with 49% battery left with light use before.

And today I ran about 60 hours before reaching 0%, but with fairly moderate usage.

I'm charging my phone right now and its 41% charged after just 30 minutes.

I know its new, but that's really good, right?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Is this phone supposed to have like the best battery ever?

I got nearly 48 hours with 49% battery left with light use before.

And today I ran about 60 hours before reaching 0%, but with fairly moderate usage.

I'm charging my phone right now and its 41% charged after just 30 minutes.

I know its new, but that's really good, right?

It has great battery life. Not the best, but you can get a full day with 5 hours screen on time with Bluetooth, gps, auto brightness, and iffy signal.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Yeah, love it. On 38R now with Franco kernel and can't wait to move to L night lies when they come out within a couple of weeks.

Was going from nightlies to 38r not a step down?

I am currently on M11 and not sure if i will see any benefits to going back to 11s.

M11 and 38R are the same code. M11 just doesn't have the one plus apps unless you flash them. I think I'll stay nightly once L nightlies come out though.

Sorry if this isn't appropriate, but I added my name to the list a while back and was offered several invites a few months ago. I declined since I'd no longer wanted the phone... but now I do. So if anyone is still offering invites I'd love one!

Again, sorry if this isn't an appropriate post.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Will they be that quick? I thought CyanogenMod would be slower with updates since they have to wait for the full stock release?

I think people are going to be pissed as fuck at how long it takes for the official Lollipop release on the OPO.

But nightlies should start as he said, within a few weeks of release.

Will they be that quick? I thought CyanogenMod would be slower with updates since they have to wait for the full stock release?

Usually nightlies of new versions come within a couple of weeks of aosp release. Isn't that going to be tomorrow? An official 11S build of L was promised within 3 months of release, but I don't have faith they will have one that will pass testing out that fast. As long as the nightlies can receive calls, texts, and connect to WiFi I'll be fine running them.

jimbor

Banned
For people that have had the opo for at least a month, how's the battery with normal use? Ie a couple of hours of browsing, whatsapping, podcasts, 4g enabled etc

For people that have had the opo for at least a month, how's the battery with normal use? Ie a couple of hours of browsing, whatsapping, podcasts, 4g enabled etc

Good. I get through the day with a lot of web browsing, texting , and a few calls with WiFi always on and pretty poor signal at home and work.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

5 hours sot with everything on and auto brightness mostly on lte. It's good.

For instance, today I am at 37% with 3hrs 20m screen on time and been off charger for 15hr 30min.

About an hour of bluetooth playing as well. A few calls.

jimbor

Banned
Thanks for the answers. Wanted this ages ago but the pissing about with the invites fucked me off. Now having seen the N6 pricing and specs, I think I'm back on the OPO train. Will be after an invite from some kind soul here once I've been paid.

3rdman

I've got my phone and I am in love with it and my friend who has looking at it is now desperate to get one but I haven't received any invites yet.

Are there any spares laying around? She really wants to buy the phone ASAP!

Thanks

RuGalz

about 5 hrs screen time on my wife's phone usually (after root, greenify, wakelock terminator). she can use it 2 days without charging

3rdman

NarcissisticJay said:
Hi GAF.. was wondering if anyone had a invite? Trying to get one and the forums on the official site are .. interesting to say the least.
It's all about you isn't it, NarcissisticJay?

Hey.. when I checked my inbox.. a GAFer already sent me one.. I dont need it anymore.

But I really appreciate it.. both of you are awesome members. I'll pay it forward when I get my invite in a few weeks. Thanks for being awesome GAF

Top Bottom