• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus One GAF Invite list.

Wondering if anybody has a spare invite I could have?

My old Nokia is on it's last legs, and I think I should finally make the jump to these new newfangled smart phones.

kiguel182

Well, just got one invite!

Claimed it and now have 24 hours to buy it. It's for my mom but still feels good lol

I'll give away some here if I ever get them!

norinrad

Got an invite from a colleague at work and i immediately ordered one. What a nice guy. Hopefully i can also help others when i get some invites from the site.

Alex

Got an invite from a colleague at work and i immediately ordered one. What a nice guy. Hopefully i can also help others when i get some invites from the site.

Reading they give them out after a few weeks or something. That is a shame as it makes my pathetic solicitation for one more difficult.

Ian

Many thanks again! I got my OPO yesterday and i am very happy with it!
No worries mate, glad you're enjoying it!

For those still waiting for an invite, I think the preorder system went live today, get your name down!

Edit: apparently it's only live for a few hours, get in there quick!

3rdman

No worries mate, glad you're enjoying it!

For those still waiting for an invite, I think the preorder system went live today, get your name down!

Edit: apparently it's only live for a few hours, get in there quick!

That website is completely slammed (unsurprisingly)...I have a friend desperate for this phone (who I briefly asked for an invite) is trying to get in and is having no luck.

beat

Feels like the 38R update is way less stable than the last one. Lots of freezes and even a few spontaneous reboots.

Argyle

Feels like the 38R update is way less stable than the last one. Lots of freezes and even a few spontaneous reboots.

I have been having this ever since I updated to 38R, but there is a fix that was checked in a few days ago. I switched to a nightly build to fix the (wifi/modem related) reboots, which I would get every few hours :(

Hopefully an official update gets released soon...

kharma45

Think I might return my OPO through a PayPal dispute, starting to get tired of all the issues I'm having with my device. I've had to reboot 5 times today over graphical glitches on the screen and the pinch-to-zoom not working.

I've also had random reboots too and it got stuck in a bootloop for a bit as well. I wanted to love this phone but the software just isn't there, and I don't see them ever getting it right.

Argyle

Think I might return my OPO through a PayPal dispute, starting to get tired of all the issues I'm having with my device. I've had to reboot 5 times today over graphical glitches on the screen and the pinch-to-zoom not working.

I've also had random reboots too and it got stuck in a bootloop for a bit as well. I wanted to love this phone but the software just isn't there, and I don't see them ever getting it right.

If you're willing to flash a nightly, flash one after or including 10/22, it should fix the rebooting. I'm on 10/23 and haven't had a reboot since.

I think you just have defective phone. I never have reboot since last update.

Jarate

Banned
Hey guys, my phone just broke, and I need a phone pretty soon. Can anyone help a brother out and send me an invite. Dont want to go back to my crappy old phone, especially after I cant use my upgrade from AT&T after they changed their "upgrade" policies

Argyle

There is actually a critical bug causing reboots that just got fixed. It has to do with the way the modem/Wi-Fi are initialized, and tends to happen more often if you are transferring a lot of data, or the signal is marginal.

I was getting reboots every four hours or so after updating to 38R, haven't had any crashes since flashing a nightly with the fix.

kharma45

I never had the reboots until this update.

If you're willing to flash a nightly, flash one after or including 10/22, it should fix the rebooting. I'm on 10/23 and haven't had a reboot since.

I'll be honest I'd not be keen. Nightlies could well have more bugs and tbh CM shouldn't be pushing updates to phones if they haven't properly tested them.

Argyle

I'll be honest I'd not be keen. Nightlies could well have more bugs and tbh CM shouldn't be pushing updates to phones if they haven't properly tested them.

Totally understandable. Although my phone is OK now (and the 10/23 nightly seems pretty stable to be honest) this shook my confidence enough that I am considering ordering a Nexus 6 :p

There is actually a critical bug causing reboots that just got fixed. It has to do with the way the modem/Wi-Fi are initialized, and tends to happen more often if you are transferring a lot of data, or the signal is marginal.

I was getting reboots every four hours or so after updating to 38R, haven't had any crashes since flashing a nightly with the fix.
That is terrible. I am lucky to have very little issue with this phone then. It is by far my best Android experience.

Got my phone a few weeks ago but had no invites to share yet, sorry! Might not get any at all if they are putting it on general sale soon.

Had no issues with the update here, although I am on a nightly kernel. Loving it so far.

Saiyan-Rox

I don't want to be "one of those people" but I don't suppose anyone has an invite they don't need? it's for a mate just not me he just had to ask when I gave 6 of them away a week ago -_-

Argyle

For those who are affected by the random reboots in 38R...

I opened a ticket with OnePlus a while ago and they finally responded with this link:

https://account.onepluscontent.com/downloads/tools/oneplus-one-reflash.zip

Presumably this has the fix in it but I haven't tested it personally. I might give it a try but the nightly has been OK for me...

Warning: If you follow the instructions verbatim it will do an oem unlock on your phone, which will wipe it if it was locked. Then it flashes the user partition (which will also wipe your phone) and then it relocks the bootloader on your phone (so if you had already unlocked the bootloader you probably don't want to relock it, as I'm pretty sure you're looking at another wipe if you decide to unlock it again). So if you know what you are doing you may want to flash the partitions manually...

More discussion going on here:

https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/BACON-213

Edit: You guys are welcome to try it but I just flashed it and my phone just froze up again, so I'm gonna guess that this does NOT fix the problem.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Looks like there will be November invites to people who bought in Aug/Sept/Oct.

Also 1 per forum member up to 320k.. not sure of date.

NervousXtian

Actually forum post says "at least 320k"... new users are at around 330k right now.

So if looking for an invite, worth a shot just joining the forum and seeing.. but not sure when this batch is going to release of invites.

BTW, can you just buy 1 with 1 invite.. or 2 with one invite?

Actually forum post says "at least 320k"... new users are at around 330k right now.

So if looking for an invite, worth a shot just joining the forum and seeing.. but not sure when this batch is going to release of invites.

BTW, can you just buy 1 with 1 invite.. or 2 with one invite?

It's 1 per invite.

NervousXtian

It's 1 per invite.

So, guess if someone is so kind to toss me an invite in the future.. and then I could give the extra invites minus one to get myself an upgrade from this iPhone 5S. I just can't do the small screen and work e-mail anymore.. maybe it's I'm getting older (37) or just got phone envy.. I'm hella jealous of all these larger screen devices... and I want to be able to just hotspot my phone.

Koppai

Anyone want to send me an invite, my boyfriend got his phone stolen today and since it was a Galaxy S4, I don't feel it's worth spending a lot to replace it. The $200 we would have to pay for insurance (who would send us a Refurb no doubt) would be better spent on a more current phone. I would totally repost any invites I receive in return, thanks!

Thanks!

NervousXtian

Pretty sure they haven't given out ANY invites since the pre-order thing.. but worth a shot joining their forum and seeing if they extend the free invites out to 331k or so.. they said at least 320k forum members.. so it's worth a shot.

NervousXtian

Allegedly the first batch of forum user invites went out already.. anyone get a notice of getting one?

Top Bottom