• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus One GAF Invite list.

breakfuss

I'm dumb. I thought OP added us after we posted in the thread. Didn't know there was a hidden submission link. Ah well, lolol.

MarkusRJR

Added myself to the list. Will give back whatever invites I get back.

Two questions:
-What happens if when you get the invite there is no stock? Can you hold onto the invite code or will it inevitably go invalid.
-Where do you go to claim an invite/get the rest of the invites?

Filled out the form, think I'll be upgrading my HTC One M7 to this. I said 4 invites as I'd like to hold onto one in case a friend asks.

In! This phone looks like a beast and I am currently using a Nexus 4 which I enjoyed a great deal, but recently the battery has been dying pretty quick. Getting annoying.

Kozmo

Submitted. Assuming 5 invites, I'd give back 3 (one for myself and one to give to my own circle of RL friends). The rest would be for GAF.

Rafy

Added myself to the list. Will give back whatever invites I get back.

Two questions:
-What happens if when you get the invite there is no stock? Can you hold onto the invite code or will it inevitably go invalid.
-Where do you go to claim an invite/get the rest of the invites?

That will become clear later on when they announce how the system is going to work exactly. As soon as they do I will put the link in the OP. All that we know for now is that invites expire after some time.

Dawg

This means that if you smash your phone you are entered in a pot where a random 100 people that participated will win. It's not certain you will!

This is kinda confusing. You're telling me there's a chance you're smashing your phone for nothing?

Hammer24

Banned
OK, forget the 5$ pawn shop phone plan. It has to be a new one, and the list is very short...:
iPhone 5, 5c, 5s
Blackberry Z10, Z30
HTC One, One Max, M7, M8
LG G flex, G2, Nexus 5, Pro
Motorola Moto X
Nokia lumia 920, 925, 1020, 1520
Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, S5, Note2, Note3
Sony Z, Z1, Z ultra, Z2

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
No, choose the phone you will smash, then they select you, then you smash it. You no smash before!

DrFunk

It is, but there's no way they're gonna give away a brand new phone for somebody smashing their Nokia 5130

Rafy

So looks like the max invites to share are 3. At least that's how many the smash winners are getting. Adding to the OP right now.

bebop242

Don't know if it will be standard, but winners of the "smash the past" contest will receive 3 invites to give out to friends and family.

Blablurn

Remember when Google launched the Nexus 4? The Sale period was pretty bad. And if even a company like Google cannot manage a solid launch im afraid those guys will have some problems too. from my perspective it looks like many people want it. and i hope they can deliver :(

BigFwoosh

Wish I could smash one of my phones, but the only one I have that's on their list is the Nexus 5 and it's going to my wife if I get one of these. Good luck, brave phone smashers!

Rafy

I'm in. Going to smash my iPhone 5.

EDIT: So you get to give away 5 invites? Or does that vary?

So far we only know how many the 100 people that win smash are getting, which is three.
I think we'll find out if it's the same for people who receive the invites.

keezy

Signed up to smash my Nexus 5.

The more I think about it you'll probably have to come up with a creative way to destroy your phone. I said baseball bat but I can't see them picking 100 people and having them all smash their phones with bats/hammers.

If you get 5 invites I'll throw 4 this way. Other one goes to my homie.

DrFunk

Top Bottom