• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus One GAF Invite list.

DaveH

It should take only 4-5 successive invites for everyone on the list to be invited.

Conservatively assuming the first round results in only 1 person with 5 GAF invites, with a preference towards others giving back 5 GAF invites, the second round will result in 25 invites for GAF. The third round, 125 invites. By the fourth round, 495 invites are available, to go to those on the list as-is with 384 invite surplus (plus the invites generated towards the fifth generation).

Of course, people could renege, wane in interest or attention, the gap between rounds could be lengthy, invites might be rationed by OnePlus, the system might break down, etc.

However, the bottom line is that you should not be discouraged by the length of the list if you are interested in being on it.

Found more info on how it works. The first 100 that were already chosen each get 3 invites. Those 3 people will each get 2 invites. Theoretically it should only take one of us getting an invite for everyone to get the phone who wants one, but with how things are looking general availability will be here before that happens with the way things are looking. Plus by that point the Galaxy Prime and G3 will be out with better specs.

OMG - awesome review on Engadget. Now I am hooked. Please be kind and add me to the list. I'm gonna share all my invites with GAF.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Put myself on the list.
Have the money set aside to purchase whichever version I can get my hands on first.

If i get invited all 3 invites would be reciprocated.

OP you may want to include in the OP that the first wave of invites will be for the 64GB model and they will be distributed at the end of May.
Also the invites only last for 24 hours. If the person does not purchase the phone in 24 hours, the invites are returned to distribute to somebody else.

Hell, I've always wanted to try an Android phone and this looks pretty sleek. I'm down for one if anyone gets an extra invite.

I'll be more than happy to give back the invites to GAF.

123rl

Are the invites only for America or will the invites work in Europe too? Can I have an invite? In return I promise to give all my invites back to people on GAF

mrmisterwaa

Neo Member
Are the invites only for America or will the invites work in Europe too? Can I have an invite? In return I promise to give all my invites back to people on GAF

I think it lacks 4G support in most of Europe? Not sure it there are any limitations for the 3G bands.

ZeroAKA

My iPhone isn't working properly as a result of an unfortunate spill while cooking last night. Hopefully GAF gets some invites soon so I can replace it with one of these.

Put myself on the list.
Have the money set aside to purchase whichever version I can get my hands on first.

If i get invited all 3 invites would be reciprocated.

OP you may want to include in the OP that the first wave of invites will be for the 64GB model and they will be distributed at the end of May.
Also the invites only last for 24 hours. If the person does not purchase the phone in 24 hours, the invites are returned to distribute to somebody else.
Is the "3 invites per user" confirmed?

123rl

I think it lacks 4G support in most of Europe? Not sure it there are any limitations for the 3G bands.

Thanks but I should be ok. My network should be supported. It's Three and they use 800Mhz and 1800Mhz. The Oneplus supports 1800Mhz so it should work

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
My iPhone isn't working properly as a result of an unfortunate spill while cooking last night. Hopefully GAF gets some invites soon so I can replace it with one of these.

Is the "3 invites per user" confirmed?

Each of the roughly 110 contest winners gets 3 invites for the 64gb to distribute at the end of this month.

Once a person gets the invite, they have 24 hours to purchase the phone before the invite gets returned to the sender.

Oneplus can control when invites get sent out. So those that get invited and purchase the phone may jot get their invites until Oneplus pushes the next batch out.

Rafy

The invites are coming at the end of the month. I am removing myself from the list since I did not have enough time to save up for it, I'll just buy it when it becomes widely available.

Frodo

I'm in. I might give all my invites back to GAF if my friend is not interested in using his.

I've been meaning to change my phone for a while. This seems like the best deal ever.

Matt_C

I am in like Flynn, I think I am either giving 2 or three invites. Whatever the larger number has been recoded in the database.

Rafy

Invites will start going out soon, if they haven't already, to active forum members according to how long they've been registered at the OnePlus forums. So keep an eye out!

pubba

Count me in! Can get the oppo find7 phone here for the same price ($300 USD) but I like the oneplus one a little better.

Top Bottom