• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OS X Mavericks |OT| ... it's not called Liger :(

Fuchsdh

I'm somewhat convinced my mid-2010 MBP is going to bite the dust sometime soon. Hard locks are getting more frequent and the thing crashes most apps and goes unresponsive at least twice a day. Using the guest account seems to run a lot faster/smoother, which makes me wonder what it is on my admin account that's making things unstable. I don't know if the issue is caused by Mavericks but it seems to be more common since I upgraded.

I think I recall the general consensus being that formatting/fresh installs don't benefit Macs the same way they do PCs, but would it be worth trying as a last resort? I've upgraded every OS version since Snow Leopard, and each time the performance dipped (although Mountain Lion was slightly improved over Lion).

Co-signed. Alfred's fantastic, been using for years. I don't remember the last time I clicked to launch an app.

I always do a clean install every other OS version. It'll make your Mac feel a whole lot snappier, no doubt, especially if you take the time to do a cleaning and get rid of crap you don't need if you manually migrate stuff back.

Deku Tree

I'm somewhat convinced my mid-2010 MBP is going to bite the dust sometime soon. Hard locks are getting more frequent and the thing crashes most apps and goes unresponsive at least twice a day. Using the guest account seems to run a lot faster/smoother, which makes me wonder what it is on my admin account that's making things unstable. I don't know if the issue is caused by Mavericks but it seems to be more common since I upgraded.

I think I recall the general consensus being that formatting/fresh installs don't benefit Macs the same way they do PCs, but would it be worth trying as a last resort? I've upgraded every OS version since Snow Leopard, and each time the performance dipped (although Mountain Lion was slightly improved over Lion).

Co-signed. Alfred's fantastic, been using for years. I don't remember the last time I clicked to launch an app.

+1 for a clean install.

I just did that on my computer. It was a pain but I recovered about 30+ GB of hard drive space because I didn't reinstall several programs that I never use like GarageBand & iMovie. And I got rid of a few background applications that were installed 10 years ago that I never need to use anymore. It was a great move.

Mr. F

Banned
I always do a clean install every other OS version. It'll make your Mac feel a whole lot snappier, no doubt, especially if you take the time to do a cleaning and get rid of crap you don't need if you manually migrate stuff back.

+1 for a clean install.

I just did that on my computer. It was a pain but I recovered about 30+ GB of hard drive space because I didn't reinstall several programs that I never use like GarageBand & iMovie. And I got rid of a few background applications that were installed 10 years ago that I never need to use anymore. It was a great move.

Hm thanks I'll have to look into it then, getting pretty dire.

Hm thanks I'll have to look into it then, getting pretty dire.

I generally think doing a fresh install instead of updating is a waste of time, but to fix actual problems it makes sense. Stuff can get corrupted or you have a conflicting kernel extension, and it's easier to nuke & pave than to try and diagnose. Make notes when you reinstall various bits and bobs when things start going awry.

Kinda Off topic but my Macbook Pro battery info bar says "Replace Soon".

I've had my MBP since 2009, what's the cheapest way to change it?

Network latency?

Hmm. Does this explain why playing Minecraft on my home server (Which is on our network right here in the house) has terrible lag? I was blaming the router. And I never had the problem on my 2012 Air or before. Are you saying it's a Mavericks problem?

My biggest problem in Macericks is still the Finder dying all the time in that it stops working and becomes a Zombie process if I try to quit it for any reason, which I end up having to do all the time because of other Finder bugs. Sometimes it hangs my system when I try to reboot or shutdown. I end up sudo shutdown -r now more often than I should be.

It affects at least the 2013 MBAs and late 2013 rMBPs.

It's easy enough to test through Terminal. Look for periodic terrible latency.

Majine

Banned
Kinda Off topic but my Macbook Pro battery info bar says "Replace Soon".

I've had my MBP since 2009, what's the cheapest way to change it?

My 2013 MBA said "Check the battery", so I brought it into the Apple Store and they replaced it for free over the night (on my warranty). But it costs like 100 dollar max to do it outside warranty.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
ping followed by the IP address of your router.
Hmm, here's what I get:

Code:
PING 192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=0 ttl=64 time=0.920 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=1.159 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=1.134 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=3 ttl=64 time=0.877 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=4 ttl=64 time=0.819 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=5 ttl=64 time=3.813 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=6 ttl=64 time=0.600 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=7 ttl=64 time=1.149 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=8 ttl=64 time=1.080 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=9 ttl=64 time=2.109 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=10 ttl=64 time=1.079 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=11 ttl=64 time=1.058 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=12 ttl=64 time=1.122 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=13 ttl=64 time=0.985 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=14 ttl=64 time=1.129 ms

--- 192.168.1.1 ping statistics ---
15 packets transmitted, 15 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 0.600/1.269/3.813/0.748 ms

And for good measure this is what I get on the Mac mini side: (Which is connected to Ethernet)

Code:
PING 192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=0 ttl=64 time=0.522 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.461 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.545 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=3 ttl=64 time=0.530 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=4 ttl=64 time=0.484 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=5 ttl=64 time=0.465 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=6 ttl=64 time=0.486 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=7 ttl=64 time=0.554 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=8 ttl=64 time=1.169 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=9 ttl=64 time=0.460 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=10 ttl=64 time=0.471 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=11 ttl=64 time=1.038 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=12 ttl=64 time=0.491 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=13 ttl=64 time=0.462 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=14 ttl=64 time=0.492 ms

--- 192.168.1.1 ping statistics ---
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 0.460/0.575/1.169/0.211 ms

I also tried pinging the Mac mini:

Code:
PING 192.168.1.10 (192.168.1.10): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 192.168.1.10: icmp_seq=0 ttl=64 time=11.393 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.10: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=37.873 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.10: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=1.169 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.10: icmp_seq=3 ttl=64 time=1.085 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.10: icmp_seq=4 ttl=64 time=1.485 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.10: icmp_seq=5 ttl=64 time=27.056 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.10: icmp_seq=6 ttl=64 time=46.307 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.10: icmp_seq=7 ttl=64 time=91.765 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.10: icmp_seq=8 ttl=64 time=2.937 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.10: icmp_seq=9 ttl=64 time=1.386 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.10: icmp_seq=10 ttl=64 time=1.437 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.10: icmp_seq=11 ttl=64 time=65.040 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.10: icmp_seq=12 ttl=64 time=87.740 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.10: icmp_seq=13 ttl=64 time=3.505 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.10: icmp_seq=14 ttl=64 time=1.295 ms

--- 192.168.1.10 ping statistics ---
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 1.085/25.432/91.765/31.749 ms

Does anything at all seem wrong? Because it seems to look the same. Maybe it's my router? (Which is a shitty Verizon supplied ActionTec with the red band which is supposed to imply 802.11n, or so we're told. I've never seen those speeds.)

mrkgoo

I did a restore from time machine on mavericks. It might be the first time on mavericks.

Went smoothly, but afterwards my aperture library will rebuild all the thumbnails (this is normal because time machine doesn't back those up).

But this time the process would work for a while, maybe 1-2000 thumbs and then it hangs. Activity monitor shows 25% CPU usage constantly by system (red) and 75% idle. Quitting aperture then hangs that and it needs to be force quit.

Once force quit Aperture hangs around in the process list but at 0% (not sure if this is normal, could be part of the suspend feature since ML), but they system itself still sits at 25%, with nothing in the process list using anything. Reopening aperture in this case does nothing and it won't open. I need to restart. M
Is this a core issue? I have a quad core iMac.

In case the time machine had a corrupted backup in either is mavericks or aperture I painstakingly reinstalled both. It was better afterwards but it still hung in the same fashion during thumbnail rebuilds (every 8-10,000 instead before needingm a force quit).

I have no idea - I haven't seen this kind of weird processor usage issue before.

kennah

Which Mac? Is it a quad core? Aperture might be single threaded (and thus use only 25% of your CPU) I had to let mine sit for literally a day or more for my library.

mrkgoo

Which Mac? Is it a quad core? Aperture might be single threaded (and thus use only 25% of your CPU) I had to let mine sit for literally a day or more for my library.
Sure. I don't think it is though because during processing it sits at 200% user (green) in the process list (would add up to 400 I assume).

In the bottom pane of activity monitor it only adds up to 100.

At any rate it doesn't explain the hang at 25 % SYSTEM (red) usage, which continues even after I've force quit Aperture.

japtor

Sure. I don't think it is though because during processing it sits at 200% user (green) in the process list (would add up to 400 I assume).

In the bottom pane of activity monitor it only adds up to 100.

At any rate it doesn't explain the hang at 25 % SYSTEM (red) usage, which continues even after I've force quit Aperture.
How about drive activity and memory?

So I finally got around to installing Mavericks from whatever the previous most recent OSX version was. Somehow I ended up with like an extra 15GB of space.

I already like it.

Also, I've noticed the left click on my trackpad is becoming harder to press. Right side is the expected "click" with a light press. The left side I have to press really hard to get it if at all. Could it be a case of the expanding battery issue and pressing up against part of the trackpad mechanism? It's a 2011 MBP. I'd hate to have to buy a new battery, as this one is still at 90%...but I don't like a half-reliable trackpad.

japtor

I didn't check. now I've finished forcing my job to finish, so I'm not sure I'll see it again, but I'll check if I ever do.
Oh well. My wild guess would've been something like the thumbnail or whatever processing running up and/or leaking memory to the point of running out and paging, just kind of causing things to go haywire. Like the 25% system usage could be heavy disk I/O and various stuff related to excessive memory use and constant paging.
So I finally got around to installing Mavericks from whatever the previous most recent OSX version was. Somehow I ended up with like an extra 15GB of space.

I already like it.

Also, I've noticed the left click on my trackpad is becoming harder to press. Right side is the expected "click" with a light press. The left side I have to press really hard to get it if at all. Could it be a case of the expanding battery issue and pressing up against part of the trackpad mechanism? It's a 2011 MBP. I'd hate to have to buy a new battery, as this one is still at 90%...but I don't like a half-reliable trackpad.
Well open it up and check. If the battery doesn't appear to be expanding it might be a simple fix:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuYO0I-DY84

I've heard the same issue and fix mentioned on other forums occasionally. Looking at the comments on that video it sounds like some people fixed it by just pressing hard over the whole surface of the trackpad? Either way you might want to open up just to check on the battery if nothing else.

mrkgoo

Oh well. My wild guess would've been something like the thumbnail or whatever processing running up and/or leaking memory to the point of running out and paging, just kind of causing things to go haywire. Like the 25% system usage could be heavy disk I/O and various stuff related to excessive memory use and constant paging.

e.

Yeah maybe. It was weird that it lingered after force quitting. Never seen it before and ice done it many times before - but not on mavericks i think (actually I think I have diwn it, just not 10.9.1)

Daria

I already like it.

Go ahead and take it to the Apple store. They'll be able to open it up (without voiding warranty if you're still covered) and figure out what the problem is or if there is one. If you're not covered under warranty, still go ahead and take it in and they'll just tell you a price to fix it and you go from there.

kuppy

I did a new fresh install the last day, and damn, I'm seriously impressed by how comfortable that was.

Since I went through this I actually made a Time Machine backup for the first time.
So I've gotta ask myself, how are you handling Time Machine?

As for me right now, I only have a MacBook Air but will buy an iMac sooner or later.
For the Air I think it is rather disrupting to configure a regular schedule and most of the important stuff is either already on this first backup or also/will be on another device/cloud. So for that I think my only question is when it would be appropriate to set the system back to this backup.

An iMac however sure does no harm to do a backup every so often. I can definitely see the point to even do so every hour, but think that's overdoing a bit, although it is only a background think. Also, can I use the MacBook Air backup when I would buy a new iMac? Sure some stuff would need adjustment, but the Air system I have running now is something I could build on really well, specially not to go over program user configurations again would be great, so if would be pretty beneficial if so.

japtor

I did a new fresh install the last day, and damn, I'm seriously impressed by how comfortable that was.

Since I went through this I actually made a Time Machine backup for the first time.
So I've gotta ask myself, how are you handling Time Machine?

As for me right now, I only have a MacBook Air but will buy an iMac sooner or later.
For the Air I think it is rather disrupting to configure a regular schedule and most of the important stuff is either already on this first backup or also/will be on another device/cloud. So for that I think my only question is when it would be appropriate to set the system back to this backup.

An iMac however sure does no harm to do a backup every so often. I can definitely see the point to even do so every hour, but think that's overdoing a bit, although it is only a background think. Also, can I use the MacBook Air backup when I would buy a new iMac? Sure some stuff would need adjustment, but the Air system I have running now is something I could build on really well, specially not to go over program user configurations again would be great, so if would be pretty beneficial if so.
You plug a drive in and turn it on and don't think about it.

As for when you'd want to use it, if your drive dies you restore from the backup. Everything should be back as you last had it, vs relying on an initial backup + cloud which will be like setting up as new again. Like every little setting and tweak and stuff you might've done will (...or should) be there instead of having to redo all the little details. Otherwise if you mess up something that's not in the cloud you can recover on a file by file basis too instead of just a full restore.

I think the main issue is that with a notebook you might not have the drive plugged in often unless you use it on a desk a lot I guess (Time Capsule/network backups get around this of course). OS X also has its own portable backup queue nowadays, so it'll keep that stuff on the internal drive (so file recovery always works locally) until you hook up the TM drive, then migrate it over.

You can use the MBA backup to set up the iMac with Migration Assistant. It's not a full bare metal restore but it grabs all the apps and settings and stuff.

mrkgoo

It's harmless to let Time Machine just backup up as often as you can, even every hour. IT will actually go through and remove backups such that it will leave hourly backups for the past day, daily backups for the past month, and then just weekly backups prior to that.

It really is quite elegant.

And when you get a new computer, you can use Time Machine as a migration source (don't try to restore an entire system from a Time Machine backup made by another mac, though I assume it is possible), and transfer over just user files and settings.

Deku Tree

Time machine is very elegant. I love it. It makes it very easy to restore a computer or to setup a new computer using your old data too.

Guys, I am having some issues when running multiple screens on my macbook air.

if I press fullscreen on VLC player one will have the video and the other monitor will be black and I cant use the second one.

I would like to be able to have VLC in fullscreen and be able to browes the web on the other monitor at the same time, why is this not possible?

I am on Mavericks, and have a mid 2012 macbook air.

kuppy

Have you tried setting VLC up to use the Mavericks fullscreen mode?
VLC - Preferences - Interface - Use native fullscreen mode

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Even if I do that and go full screen the other monitor I have connected will still go dark and I cant use it.
It shouldn't if you're using native Fullscreen mode. If it still is, you're either not actually using the right Fullscreen mode or something is wrong with your system.

Do you see this icon in the titlebar?
ibfqf1klhbhpDK.png

And when you go into Mission Control with VLC full screened, does it get its own space at the top? If not, then it's not enabled correctly. For me, the latest version of VLC enabled "Lion Fullscreen" automatically. Do you have the latest version of VLC? 2.1.2 is the latest version.

Edit: I really wish 10.9.2 would come out already. The Finder is so screwed up, I want to know if they fixed the weird refreshing problems. Folders will not update themselves in a timely manner anymore until I force refresh them by renaming a file. For instance the folder might show a list of files that don't exist anymore, but for some reason the Finder is retaining the information. If I rename a file, it will force the folder to refresh its contents. In Windows you can press F5 to refresh a folder, but OS X/Mac OS Classic never needed to do this until now for some reason.

Interestingly it seems to be a filesystem problem, not a Finder problem specifically. Because even the /Volumes folder is retaining contents. Sometimes when I wake from sleep, CCC thinks an external HDD is connected and runs my "Run when disk is reconnected" task even though the drive isn't connected. At first I had no idea why it would think this, but now it occurs to me that it's probably related to the above problem in that the Volumes folder actually thinks the aliases still exist. So when CCC sees the aliases there it runs the tasks. Even though there's no way for it to actually run.

I hope 10.9.2 is a big update that fixes everything. I have a feeling I'm getting my hopes up.

My other biggest problem is how shitty Screen Sharing.app is. I tried using Chicken of the VNC but it is all fucked up. Screen Sharing works fine for me when it works. But it seems to be like an old car in that it takes sometimes 3 launches in order to get it to open an alias. And when it does, the window is so small in the center of the screen. *sigh*

It shouldn't if you're using native Fullscreen mode. If it still is, you're either not actually using the right Fullscreen mode or something is wrong with your system.

Do you see this icon in the titlebar?

And when you go into Mission Control with VLC full screened, does it get its own space at the top? If not, then it's not enabled correctly. For me, the latest version of VLC enabled "Lion Fullscreen" automatically. Do you have the latest version of VLC? 2.1.2 is the latest version.

Edit: I really wish 10.9.2 would come out already. The Finder is so screwed up, I want to know if they fixed the weird refreshing problems. Folders will not update themselves in a timely manner anymore until I force refresh them by renaming a file. For instance the folder might show a list of files that don't exist anymore, but for some reason the Finder is retaining the information. If I rename a file, it will force the folder to refresh its contents. In Windows you can press F5 to refresh a folder, but OS X/Mac OS Classic never needed to do this until now for some reason.

Interestingly it seems to be a filesystem problem, not a Finder problem specifically. Because even the /Volumes folder is retaining contents. Sometimes when I wake from sleep, CCC thinks an external HDD is connected and runs my "Run when disk is reconnected" task even though the drive isn't connected. At first I had no idea why it would think this, but now it occurs to me that it's probably related to the above problem in that the Volumes folder actually thinks the aliases still exist. So when CCC sees the aliases there it runs the tasks. Even though there's no way for it to actually run.

I hope 10.9.2 is a big update that fixes everything. I have a feeling I'm getting my hopes up.

My other biggest problem is how shitty Screen Sharing.app is. I tried using Chicken of the VNC but it is all fucked up. Screen Sharing works fine for me when it works. But it seems to be like an old car in that it takes sometimes 3 launches in order to get it to open an alias. And when it does, the window is so small in the center of the screen. *sigh*

It seems the mavericks is a bit buggy, the fullscreen thing used to work before, then a month later it just kind of stopped working..now I restarted the computer and it works again...

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
It seems the mavericks is a bit buggy, the fullscreen thing used to work before, then a month later it just kind of stopped working..now I restarted the computer and it works again...
Mavericks really is buggy. Which is why it sucks that 10.9.2 is taking so long. But hopefully it's because they want to fix as many bugs as humanly possible and make it a huge update.

Same with iOS 7.1.

Fuchsdh

Mavericks really is buggy. Which is why it sucks that 10.9.2 is taking so long. But hopefully it's because they want to fix as many bugs as humanly possible and make it a huge update.

Same with iOS 7.1.

Really hope 10.9.2 solves the issue with the dock not wanting to show up on multi-monitor setups. As is I have to usually attempt to mouse down to the dock three or four times to get it to show (and then it recurs if I try it on the other monitor.)

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Really hope 10.9.2 solves the issue with the dock not wanting to show up on multi-monitor setups. As is I have to usually attempt to mouse down to the dock three or four times to get it to show (and then it recurs if I try it on the other monitor.)
Ugh. Yes. For some reason when I have a second display connected, it thinks it's the main display and only puts my LaunchPad on that display. Even though the main display is still the default. And the Dock will not show up unless I brute force it.

gokieks

I wouldn't really call it an issue but rather how the Dock is designed - it can only show on one monitor at a time, and so it "sticks" to the one you last used it on (if you use Expose to show all windows, you can see which monitor that is). And to "move" it to a different monitor, you have to drag the mouse down a certain distance AFTER it's already reached the bottom of the screen on the monitor you want it to appear on. It actually works reliably, but it's just a very strange way to do it, and there's really no indication to the user of how they're supposed to do so.

Deku Tree

I have a 2012 rMBP 15" permanently connected to a Dell U2713hm display and I've never experienced this dock bug. The always dock shows up perfectly on whichever display I designate as my main one. I am connected with a display port to mini-displayport cable into the thunderbolt port.

Maybe Quickres is causing your bugs?

gokieks

I have a 2012 rMBP 15" permanently connected to a Dell U2713hm display and I've never experienced this dock bug. The always dock shows up perfectly on whichever display I designate as my main one. I am connected with a display port to mini-displayport cable into the thunderbolt port.

Maybe Quickres is causing your bugs?

Do you ever try to use the Dock on the other display? I think most people like being able to access it on the screen the cursor is currently on rather than move all the way back to the primary one, which is where this comes in - the Dock can only be on one screen, and the behavior it exhibits when you make it appear on a different one is not the most intuitive thing in the world.

E: also, this obviously only applies with the Dock on the bottom of the screen.

Deku Tree

Do you ever try to use the Dock on the other display? I think most people like being able to access it on the screen the cursor is currently on rather than move all the way back to the primary one, which is where this comes in - the Dock can only be on one screen, and the behavior it exhibits when you make it appear on a different one is not the most intuitive thing in the world.

E: also, this obviously only applies with the Dock on the bottom of the screen.

No, how do you set things up so the dock appears on both displays?

gokieks

No, how do you set things up so the dock appears on both displays?

Make the dock position on the bottom of the screen. Then, on a screen other than the one it's currently on, move the mouse cursor to the bottom of the screen, and then move the mouse downward some more. The dock will now appear on that screen.

Deku Tree

Make the dock position on the bottom of the screen. Then, on a screen other than the one it's currently on, move the mouse cursor to the bottom of the screen, and then move the mouse downward some more. The dock will now appear on that screen.

Oh that's cool. Now I see. Sometimes the dock doesn't pop up right away when you move to the other screen. I never really used the dock on my smaller screen...

kehs

Banned
Can someone do me a solid and send me the following file:

/Library/CoreMediaIO/Plug-Ins/DAL/Applecamera.plugin

I remember replacing that a while back to fix a skype issue, but now it's causing issues with something else and I forgot to back up the original file.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Thank you sir!

---

Is there any gestures/shortcuts for moving windows over to different monitors?
Not built in but a few apps will add that functionality I think.

Check out BetterTouchTool or BetterSnapTool or even HyperDock. I never tested them out with multiple monitors, but surely one of them must do it.

Top Bottom