• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OS X Mavericks |OT| ... it's not called Liger :(

upandaway

"App Store cannot verify a secure connection with the App Store. Continue anyway?"

Welp. That's the first time an app told me it itself might not be secure. Guess they're getting hammered.

celebi23

I wonder if this is the same build as the 2nd GM or the 1st GM. If it's the same as the 2nd GM build, would I experience issues if I installed it over my 1st GM build install?

the other thread moves to fast and nobody is answering, so i ask here. should i upgrade to 8GB RAM on the 13" pro? i heard maverick uses some kind of features with ram?

i had a 2011 Air and performance was fine but i don't know if i need to future proof this device.

corn_fest

I wonder if this is the same build as the 2nd GM or the 1st GM. If it's the same as the 2nd GM build, would I experience issues if I installed it over my 1st GM build install?

For what it's worth, it says it's already installed for me on the 1st GM.

glaurung

The AppStore servers are getting absolutely hammered.

My download just crapped out, AppStore says 'An error has occurred' and that I need to try again via the purchase page.

I guess I will delay this upgrade a bit.

kuppy

the other thread moves to fast and nobody is answering, so i ask here. should i upgrade to 8GB RAM on the 13" pro? i heard maverick uses some kind of features with ram?

i had a 2011 Air and performance was fine but i don't know if i need to future proof this device.
You are talking about the compressed memory?
The more memory your Mac has at its disposal, the faster it works. But when you have multiple apps running, your Mac uses more memory. With OS X Mavericks, Compressed Memory allows your Mac to free up memory space when you need it most. As your Mac approaches maximum memory capacity, OS X automatically compresses data from inactive apps, making more memory available.

OSX.10.9.MemoryCompression.1.061213.jpg

- more at appleinsider.com

As far as I can tell it seems that more sure would work fine, but there is no problem with the minimum of 2GB.

I'm downloading right now, the changes seem fine.

Rafy

Has any site or any of you had problems with app compatibility ?
I did not make the switch to mountain lion cause of Adobe apps not being compatible.

Jigolo

Just read the Arstechnica review. Everyone should take a look at it, it's very detailed. I changed my mind and am plunging in earlier than expected. I was going to wait for 10.9.1 but it seems very stable and battery life seems improved across the board.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
The reason it's having trouble is because everyone is trying to get it at once. It happens every time. People are so impatient. If it doesn't work well for you, stop for a while and try later. Stagger yourselves.

Xun

So it's actually free? Wow.

Even for me on Snow Leopard? I won't upgrade just yet since a lot of apps will no longer be supported, but it's something to consider at some point soon.

mr-paul

The download was quick enough for me here at peak time in the UK (BT infinity!) but the install has an estimated time of 35 mins. Hurry up, I want to play with new things!

kaskade

I think I'm going to wait until I get home. My connection at work isn't too fast. I'm sure that won't matter much with the server most likely getting slammed.

Top Bottom