• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OT | Dutch General Election 2017 | Exit Poll: Major underperformance for Wilders

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewDust

So do we have polls overestimating populists now?
First austria and now the netherlands

This has been almost always the case over here. Populist get the votes of those who don't trust politicians. Come election day, they still think their vote will mean nothing, and thus don't vote. Or they want to make a statement by not voting.

If these exit poll numbers hold, I consider this a big win.

The party landscape might be splintered, but democracy won and legitimate parties did well.

GeNoMe

Wow, really did not expect VVD to do this well. Wonder what kind of dumb ass excuse Wilders is gonna conjure up.

*edit* Maaaan PVDA is taking a beating!

Caayn

Bit surprised though that Denk managed to gain 3 seats in the exit poll.

Happy that the PVV didn't score as high as the polls claimed.

spekkeh

Banned
To be fair we always had this the last ten years. When it comes to PVV people like to talk the talk, but come election day a part of them suddenly grow a conscience.

That said, let's not be too jubilant, they still seem to have won a number of seats.

CTLance

Wow, really did not expect VVD to do this well. Wonder what kind of dumb ass excuse Wilders is gonna conjure up.
He already ran damage control before, claiming to have painted the pre-election time in his colours. So no matter what, he claimed to have won.

Pakoe

He's happy he can shout from the sidelines again.

This. It's all he does anyway.
Great to see the results, hoping FvD ends up a bit higher.
Knew VVD would end up this high, aren't disappointed at all. Rutte did a (somewhat) good job, these last few years.

Austria isn't out of this shit yet. Remember that the far-right guy there got 46% of the vote for president, which would be a huge result in a parliamentary election. They're having one in 2018.

Congrats, NL ! Now you can pray for us in a few weeks :-|

Due to our political system, there was never much of a real danger coming from the Netherlands. France is and always has been the primary battlefield, if you guys fall it's all over for the EU as we know it.

CTLance

DENK 3 seats.

I'm not surprised. A lot of my Turkish friends voted for those guys.
That's a pretty damn nice start for a new party, isn't it. Impressive.

However, Dutchies.

That.
image1fufg.jpg
Jeebus. You guys are crazy. That is one huge-ass mess. Who'd want to sift through all of that in search for their candidate of choice?!

Jeebus. You guys are crazy. That is one huge-ass mess. Who'd want to sift through all of that in search for their candidate of choice?!
Haha. It was the largest paper yet due to the amount of parties. But it's pretty easy. Just look up the party at the top and then either just pick the first name, or if you want go down the list and find your preferred one.

However, Dutchies.

That.

No shit, you could use it as an Accordion. I was literally looking at it like O_______O and then I had to put the fucking thing back together. 3 times too because I had to vote for 2 other lazy people.

Osahi

Exit polls are promising. Still not going to celebrate untill final results are in. I remember going to sleep with an obvious No-win for the Brexit, and waking up to something else

Caayn

However, Dutchies.

That.

I had to unfold it multiple in a small voting booth times to find the party I wanted to vote for >.<

pulsemyne

Looks like us lot voting Brexit and the americans voting trump made our Dutch friends go "Fuck that!" and have some sense. Well done!

Antagon

However, Dutchies.

That.

They're grouped by parties though. It really isn't hard to find the right candidate, especially since most voters vote for the no. 1 of a party.

Folding it back on the other hand...

Dingens

Austria isn't out of this shit yet. Remember that the far-right guy there got 46% of the vote for president, which would be a huge result in a parliamentary election. They're having one in 2018.

that's not directly comparable though. They wouldn't even reach 30 in the parliamentary elections. which is ofc also way too high, but nowhere near enough to govern. I'd be more worried about the conservatives... they have no spine and a tendency to cooperate with Nazis if it allows them to fuck over the welfare state

SgtCobra

It's easier than it looks really. You go to your party and then you search for the candidate you want to vote for, even with 50 names it's easier than one may think. It is also known beforehand what number which candidate has.

Antagon

I hope that the international news picks up that the parties that won biggest are the parties most concerned about climate change and are the most pro EU.

spekkeh

Banned
Damnit. Dont want Denk
Me neither, but I see it as logical. Outside of the Erdostans who can get rekt, there was a lot of pandering to Wilders the last few years, so that drives scared immigrants to their own parties. We need to become more inclusive here on out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom