• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OT | Dutch General Election 2017 | Exit Poll: Major underperformance for Wilders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regginator

Sounds more like the point Asscher was trying to make yesterday against Wilders.

PvdA and Asscher can go fuck themselves as far as I'm concerned. For years me and my family have been voting for them and they decided to betray us. One thing that comes to mind is lowering the pensions of seniors that went back to their birthplaces, only to increase the pensions of people living in occupied areas like Israel. I'd rather go VVD than PvdA.

Here's to 5 seats for the PvdA. Even less if possible.

Merino

So apparently there are still long lines in front of voting booths and there is a strict end point of 21.00.

Wonder if people are going to be left out not having been able to vote.

Harmen

The timing wasn't right. We've had the whole diplomatic crisis between our country and Turkey, the Turkish demonstrations in Rotterdam, rioting here and there, debates about "Dutch identity", etc. etc. You'd be pretty naive if you think Roos wouldn't have nagged Kuzu's head off by continuously hammer him on this off-topic subject, instead of what's more important, like education, healthcare, etc.

Politically, he could have lost more than what he could win if he went to debate Roos.

Yes, and political tensions can occur at any given time, they need to be able to adapt to that. Furthermore, it is the job of the moderator to prevent a debate going offtopic. I assume that would be the case, as it was with all the debates I have seen this year.

And regarding the NL/Turkey situation I think they did a bad job. They are supposed to be the voice of the minorities and yet they are about the only party basically sitting it out until they know what will be the best move (while other politicians ask them where they are), despite there being riots and major political tensions. Their reaction to the whole Gulen/Ergogan situation a while back was far from even attempting to create some peace in the Turkish community. And they are supposed to be the party representing those people amongst others.

Politicians will need to make choices on crucial moments and thus far DENK has shown little potential in that regard, in my opinion.

I agree with the poster above that Art1kel seems like a better choice to be an inclusive voice for the minorities in our nation. If DENK ends up with a couple of seats, I hope they prove me wrong.

Regginator

Think you should've gone with Art1kel if that's your angle, at least that way you don't import Erdogan, but okay.

He should have showed up, that's what leaders do, nothing to do with strategy nor timing. The fact that he refused to criticize Erdogan nor his flag waving fans, shows his true colors. Was he afraid his house in Turkey would be sized?

At least I would have understood if you voted for Sylvana.

Simons is a two faced snake. When she joined DENK, I was thrilled, a black woman that knows her way around debates, good with words, etc. Good addition for a party that wants racial diversity, I applauded it. When she (rightfully) criticised the Sinterklaas holiday and more specifically Black Pete, she got massive backlash from White Netherlands, and DENK was there for her and they had her back.

Despite the Erdogan stuff etc. somewhat hurting DENK's image, it wasn't until this that DENK was officially written off by most of the public. She put them through the mud and then has the audacity to leave without saying a single word to the other party members? Just like that, in the middle of the night, so to speak? To make matters worse, she goes on several media outlets and then talks shit about them, despite not having raised any concerns behind the scenes when she was still there?

Nah, man.

Why... don't they just get another box instead of having someone do the grape lady on the ballots?
Probably takes longer that way. If the box is full, they'd need to sent people away until a new one is there.

Some stations have also run out of ballots. Bit strange that, hope nobody is being stopped from voting because of it.

Simons is a two faced snake. When she joined DENK, I was thrilled, a black woman that knows her way around debates, good with words, etc. Good addition for a party that wants racial diversity, I applauded it. When she (rightfully) criticised the Sinterklaas holiday and more specifically Black Pete, she got massive backlash from White Netherlands, and DENK was there for her and they had her back.

Despite the Erdogan stuff etc. somewhat hurting DENK's image, it wasn't until this that DENK was officially written off by most of the public. She put them through the mud and then has the audacity to leave without saying a single word to the other party members? Just like that, in the middle of the night, so to speak? To make matters worse, she goes on several media outlets and then talks shit about them, despite not having raised any concerns behind the scenes when she was still there?

Nah, man.
Do we know things went down like that? Because I don't really see Kuzu as the most trustworthy fellow.

norinrad

Nah, man.

None of us know what happens behind closed doors and DENK doesn't really come off as a women, LBGT friendly party either. They had her back to what extent? They were too busy dividing the country with Wilders.

jelmerjt

Woah polling stations in several big cities will not close in 15 minutes but at a later time tonight. A lot of people still want to vote it seems.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
'record turnout' doesnt usually mean something good is about to happen. But​ if its the bigger cities, I am glad to make an exception.

Hrothgar

Telegraaf geweigerd bij bijeenkomst Denk
De Telegraaf is de toegang geweigerd om verslag te doen van de verkiezingsavond van de partij Denk. Verslaggevers mogen niet verder komen dan de poort van het partijkantoor. Volgens de krant worden ook andere media geweigerd.

Transparancy, people!

(via nu.nl)

spekkeh

Banned
'record turnout' doesnt usually mean something good is about to happen. But​ if its the bigger cities, I am glad to make an exception.
Eh, Rotterdam and The Hague are not the best cities in that regard. Rather they were Amsterdam and Utrecht, lol.
Then again, showing up late is a bigger chance it's the white collars instead of the unemployed.

CTLance

Man, multitasking between this thread and the TV is great. Feels just like a German election. They are not so subtly rooting for Art1kel I'd say, heh.

JDB

Banned
Place I went to vote here in Groningen was basically empty at around 20:00. Near the city center as well.

VVD - 31
PVV - 19
CDA - 19
D66 - 19
GroenLinks - 16
SP - 14
PVDA - 9
ChristenUnie - 6
Partij voor de Dieren - 5
50Plus - 4
SGP - 3
Denk - 3