• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OT | Dutch General Election 2017 | Exit Poll: Major underperformance for Wilders

Status
Not open for further replies.
No shit, you could use it as an Accordion. I was literally looking at it like O_______O and then I had to put the fucking thing back together. 3 times too because I had to vote for 2 other lazy people.

I had to unfold it multiple in a small voting booth times to find the party I wanted to vote for >.<
VVD won because it was easily reachable. Didn't have to fold it out at all when voting for them.

This result is pure cancer, this was a 'fuck poor people' vote.
How so? Groenlinks becoming pretty large. D66 has a good result and I wouldn't call very conservative. SP is stable. VVD also giving up some seats, so they have to give in to some demands.

It would make me so happy if when all is said and done, a party like D66 pulls ahead and PVV is not even the "shared second party".

(even though it won't really matter all that much)

Caayn

First two districts are done counting, 386 to go.
Did I just see that right. Vlieland has a 101% turnout..
Schiermonikoog has 130%.

Edit: Both islands seem to have a population of ~1000 people. So you won't need many people from other districts, such as people on a holiday, to go above the 100%.

Condom

How so? Groenlinks becoming pretty large. D66 has a good result and I wouldn't call very conservative. SP is stable. VVD also giving up some seats, so they have to give in to some demands.
D66 is economically rightwing, socially progressive. The economic right will have a field day.

I am seeing 4 years of budget cuts and privatizations. More homeless people, more working poor, expensive rent, shit healthcare coverage etc.

I'd rather want PVV to have 30 seats, who cares. VVD being so big is a disaster for me personally

CTLance

Haha, thanks for all the educational comments on the huge collaborative origami project you guys used for voting. ;)

Bonus lowrez screenshots for the revised numbers I forgot to post:
imagejmk4j.jpg

imagep9js5.jpg

spekkeh

Banned
D66 is economically rightwing, socially progressive. The economic right will have a field day.

I am seeing 4 years of budget cuts and privatizations. More homeless people, more working poor, expensive rent, shit healthcare coverage etc.
Well we're on an uptick in the economy, so I think in absolute terms we won't really see that many more. And countercyclical cuts during an upswing is actually a good idea.

Lime

it's weird to feel relieved that a fascist is underperforming to expectations

thank you Dutch people <3

I'd rather want PVV to have 30 seats, who cares. VVD being so big is a disaster for me personally
Groenlinks or Chrisenunie can make some demands I think. VVD lost votes, so they have to give in a bit.

Well we're on an uptick in the economy, so I think in absolute terms we won't really see that many more. And countercyclical cuts during an upswing is actually a good idea.
Yes. All the talk recently about how we are going to spent a ton of money again was a bit strange to hear the last weeks. How about we don't start spending a ton just at the moment the economy goes up again.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I'm proud of my fellow dutchmen and dutchwomen for not making us an international embarassment. Sanity prevailed.

Wilders can go kick rocks.

Saya

PvdA need a complete overhaul and makeover but that won't happen. It does make me wonder how the results would have turned out with Aboutaleb as the head of the party.

Chuckie

Happy with the results. I doubted for a long time which party to vote...D66 or Groenlinks. I chose D66 in the end but happy both parties pwon a lot of seats.

Even more happy PVV didn't win that much.

I sure am glad the analyst explaining the results at the table are again all old, white men...

PvdA need a complete overhaul and makeover but that won't happen. It does make me wonder how the results would have turned out with Aboutaleb as the head of the party.
They need to do something. Asscher was not the right choice. He's a classic politician. Even Samsom was better, at least he had a bit of a fighting mentality. Aboutaleb would be a good pick if he wants to do it next time.

Would rather have a progressive minded economically centre-right party governing than a nationalist, anti-EU, non-progressive and economically leftist party governing any day.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Dutch TV commentators seeing Trump as a blessing in disguise. The way he's currently fucking up everything in the US cost Wilders a shitton of votes.

Aiii

So not worth it
82% of the country voted. I am happy we are living in such a healthy democracy!

All thanks to the USA and Trump. Thanks for showing us how not to do things, America.

Jokes aside, this is seriously the reason for this I think. Staying home only leads to heartbreak, so it makes sense that more people turned up to prevent populism from taking over.

Condom

Would rather have a progressive minded economically centre-right party governing than a nationalist, anti-EU, non-progressive and economically leftist party governing any day.
Economically leftist is factually wrong. Do your research.

Furthermore, PVV would be left alone anyway. I would have been happy with them being the biggest. Never thought I'd say that.

nampad

Dutch TV commentators seeing Trump as a blessing in disguise. The way he's currently fucking up everything in the US cost Wilders a shitton of votes.

That's something a German outlet speculated on before the elections and I think it is plausibel.

Merino

I worry that Groenlinks is going to be left out of the government coalition.

TV panel already saying VVD can just do it with CU (though I count only 75 votes now) instead of GL.

Hope D66 will fight to keep another progressive partner in there.

Economically leftist is factually wrong. Do your research.

Furthermore, PVV would be left alone anyway. I would have been happy with them being the biggest. Never thought I'd say that.
You'd rather have the PVV being the biggest? That is really strange. You surely must see the amount of trouble that would give.

Even then, a party like the SP is also anti-EU, so that isn't good. Groenlinks now has to proof itself if they can join the government and maybe grow further as the alternative for the PvdA in the future elections.

Arjen

I sure am glad the analyst explaining the results at the table are again all old, white men...

They need to do something. Asscher was not the right choice. He's a classic politician. Even Samsom was better, at least he had a bit of a fighting mentality. Aboutaleb would be a good pick if he wants to do it next time.

Watch RTL then.

it makes logical sense, witnessing the 50 first days of the Chaos State serves as a lesson for anyone wanting to emulate it

TV panel already saying VVD can just do it with CU (though I count only 75 votes now) instead of GL.

They have to consider GL as the big winner.

Zedark

I think so too. CU and SGP could fill the coalition of D66, VVD and CDA. I doubt they really want GL in their coalition.
Thanks Donald, you made The Netherlands great again.

And France probably too
What do you mean? PVV was always going to be bigger with the current political climate. I am positively surprised that PVV has only 19 sets, expected 25+. Hardly a Trump effect (at least not in a constructie way for PVV).

Merino

I think so too. CU and SGP could fill the coalition of D66, VVD and CDA. I doubt they really want GL in their coalition.
D66 would not like to sit in a coalition with SGP.

I can see VVD/CDA/D66/CU being reality but they will need one seat more than the exit polls have stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom