• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| Pacquio vs Marquez III (11/12/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heel

westsuf26.gif

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
It was a great fight. It was my 2nd boxing match I've ever watched and it is no surprise the judging sucks in boxing just like MMA.

see5harp

Seriously...most of the rounds the punch counts were even. I don't see why the guy on his heels the entire fight gets the round. Styles make fights and if you aren't out landing the guy you have to be the aggressor. Disappointing finale to the trilogy in any case.

Panzon

i love Pacman as much as the next guy but c'mon this is total BS. He better call out pretty boy after this shit

TheNatural

My Member!
Fuck this fucking shit, I'm done with boxing. Thugweather KO's a guy on a lame ass break. Dawson and Hopkins shenanigans ends in a dislocated shoulder. And Pacman wins a fight he had no business winning.

Fuck this sport. And you wonder why MMA is kicking boxing's fucking ass on an annual basis.

I thought it was close, but 116-112? Give me a fucking break. Manny won because he's active and flashy. Unless you are Floyd or Hopkins, being a defensive counter puncher puts you 2 steps behind with the judges.

Ninja Scooter said:
Told you. LOL Manny hype train derailed fuckin HARD. All those Manny groupies need to STFU now. Floyd would destroy him.

So true...not even sure how anyone could say otherwise.

At least that fight is still a small possibility now.

But tonight shows to EVERYONE why Arum never wanted the fight.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Guys, Pac landed more hits. What more do you want? Marquez has better accuracy but Pac landed more.

Purexed

Banned
You guys are smokin... Pacman threw more, landed more, and was the more active fighter. The right decision was reached. I had it 115-113 for Pac.

satori

I am a pac man fan but holy shit to be that was a screw job in deed....How the hell did the judges give that to manny....

Usually when there's a robbery it's because the guy who should have lost was more aggressive or threw (and whiffed) more punches - but Pacquiao didn't have a significant edge in those two categories as he often does.

see5harp

Ninja Scooter said:
Told you. LOL Manny hype train derailed fuckin HARD. All those Manny groupies need to STFU now. Floyd would destroy him.

Dude. No one even brought Floyd up, we're watching a fight with JMM and Manny. Boxing fans watch everyone fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom