• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| Pacquio vs Marquez III (11/12/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heel

We've got a term for this in MMA. It's called getting Leonard Garcia'd. Apparently all flash and no substance wins you rounds. Marquez landed the quality shots round after round...SMH.

Ether_Snake said:
Guys, Pac landed more hits. What more do you want? Marquez has better accuracy but Pac landed more.

Pacquiao had less clean shots than Marquez though. Marquez had the more effective punches

this really feels like boxing protecting it's cash cow, and I'm not one for conspiracy theories.

4jqyc.jpg

(One of the greatest SI covers, and appropriate here).

Don't give me the punch stat shit, maybe Pac landed more in the rounds he actually won, I dunno. he didn't have enough ROUNDS to me. 116-112? Fucking joke!

jchap

This was the perfect fight to get the Mayweather fight on. Suddenly I have a feeling it will be made very easily.

TheNatural

My Member!
Fuck both Manny and Mayweather, after this shit, both of them can go retire and get out of this sport. After the past fights from both, they're both a fucking embarrassment to boxing.

GQman2121

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
I thought it was close, but 116-112? Give me a fucking break. Manny won because he's active and flashy. Unless you are Floyd or Hopkins, being a defensive counter puncher puts you 2 steps behind with the judges.

Absolutely this......

Alright, well, time for me to hop on COD and get robbed myself.

jchap said:
This was the perfect fight to get the Mayweather fight on. Suddenly I have a feeling it will be made very easily.

Because Manny's been exposed, and nobody is going to shell out $60 to watch him beat up on cans anymore.

goober

2Crisis said:
Hopefully this motivates Floyd to take the fight.

He would tear the Manny we saw tonight apart easy.

Manny was sandbagging to lure Floyd

auno dude I have nothing to say. Twas a good fight, hoping for Pac to win but not like this

Cousteau

jchap said:

could be. or manny retires and trolls mayweather's pocketbook forever.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Fuck this if people will always claim there are conspiracies at the end of every fight, change the rules:

Fight until TKO. Period.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
116-112 is absolute BS

114-114 was close and good enough. But that difference? Hell. I had Marquez winning though I could definitely see it even or even perhaps Pac winning depending on what the judges saw. Yet... 116-112? Nope.

Well gonna keep drinking. Good night Boxing GAF

Cousteau said:
could be. or manny retires and trolls mayweather.

Floyd's still a huge draw. He can still make a ton of money. Manny's days as a huge draw are going down the toilet after the trifecta of shit called Clottey, Mosely and JMM fights.

abuC

rinse82 said:
This post fight interview needs more Larry Merchant, less Max Kellerman

Nah, Manny is a HBO fighter that is protected, they won't let Merchant say anything crazy to him.

The M.O.B

Ninja Scooter said:
Because Manny's been exposed, and nobody is going to shell out $60 to watch him beat up on cans anymore.

His fanbase, the Filipino nation will, they watched him beat up on cans for his past 6-7 fights, why not more?

see5harp

EschatonDX said:
CLOSE FIGHT. But 116-112 is a joke, joke scorecard

Yea it was close. That's why I said I'd be okay with a decision going either way. If you are a boxing fan at all though, it's easy to be frustrated here and I don't know who to blame. Manny was engaging but he wasn't throwing nearly as much as he usually does. He seemed much more aware of right hand counters and didn't look like he wanted to risk much. JMM was a lot more cautious than the previous affairs where he had early knockdowns sorta pushing him forward to win those late rounds.

I scored the match 115-113 Marquez, but I can totally understand why it was scored the way it was scored. Judges score are always favor activity if the matches are close.

Marquez I felt shouldn't have been so complacent in the final rounds and let the match be put in the hands of the judges. I blame his corner for that.

Good fight, terrible ending. I expect another match.

Relix said:
116-112 is absolute BS

114-114 was close and good enough. But that difference? Hell. I had Marquez winning though I could definitely see it even or even perhaps Pac winning depending on what the judges saw. Yet... 116-112? Nope.

Well gonna keep drinking. Good night Boxing GAF

the fight was close and there were a few rounds that went either way, but 116-112, c'mon man......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom