• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| Pacquio vs Marquez III (11/12/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

see5harp

The M.O.B said:
His fanbase, the Filipino nation will, they watched him beat up on cans for his past 6-7 fights, why not more?

Hey it's tough being an asian in america. Our only role models are like our uncles and Lisa Ling. We rooted for Yao Ming and Michael Chang. I'm not Filipino though and I think you'd find a lot of diversity in both Floyd and Manny camps.

TheNatural

My Member!
LOL I love this guy on the UK Primetime feed post fight, he's just straight up saying the judges are crooked and their pockets are lined and Filipino gamblers spend big money. People on HBO should say this shit. Not watching the HBO feed, anyone who did, what was their reaction?

Noshino

HOLY SHIT

PRIMETIME is destroying Team Manny

And you know what, I agree, its such a fucking shame.

I used to be Team Manny, but seriously, after this fight? as much as I hate fucking Floyd I hope he destroys him.

Like I said on Facebook:

Put it this way... Marquez walked away from the last round with a smile and his fist in the air while Manny walked away with his head down knowing he lost. It's that simple. Good fight. Terrible Judges.

Panzon

Seriously fuck this sport called boxing that has clearly been a piece of shit of its former shell for some time now. RIP Frazier this would have never happened in your time

RJNavarrete said:
Like I said on Facebook:

Put it this way... Marquez walked away from the last round with a smile and his fist in the air while Manny walked away with his head down knowing he lost. It's that simple. Good fight. Terrible Judges.

Roach was saying multiple times that Manny was losing...his wife looked shocked, he looked shocked....it was a clear loss that wasn't.

I love how that promoter was so shameless.. "WE'LL FIGHT AGAIN IN MAY AND HAVE THE BIGGEST PAY PER VIEW PAYDAY OF ALL TIME.... OF ALL TIME!"

Also, "ESPECIALLY MEXICANS"

just :lol

Edit: And when the camera cut to his wife after the last round, you could she she was almost "pre-crying".

Panzon said:
Seriously fuck this sport called boxing that has clearly been a piece of shit of its former shell for some time now.
There are plenty of great robbery-free fights not involving Pacquiao and Mayweather to watch.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Man wtf is that WWF thing with Cotto-Margarito lol!!

Whatever the case I hope Margarito loses, guy is an ass.

jchap

Pac gave Marquez waaaay too much respect. His best moments were when he was in attack mode. I wonder if he overtrained.

Panzon said:
Seriously fuck this sport called boxing that has clearly been a piece of shit of its former shell for some time now. RIP Frazier this would have never happened in your time

Well actually, the sport has always been shady, so that very well could have happened in his time and surely did on many occasions.

Bad week for boxing, regardless.

TheNatural

My Member!
BigKaboom2 said:
There are plenty of great robbery-free fights not involving Pacquiao and Mayweather to watch.

Well the last three PPV's ended in a cheapshot KO with a dumb ref not controlling the restart, a backtoss that resulted in a shoulder dislocation KO which the title change was overturned, and now a screwjob judging decision. And the next PPV? It's a rematch between two guys who fought before where one used plaster inside his gloves to maim the other guy, and they're having a rematch.

Seriously, is there a stretch of boxing THAT bad in a row before? There may be decent boxing on Friday Night Fights between nobodies, but anything considered high level is a fucking joke right now.

goober

jchap said:
Pac gave Marquez waaaay too much respect. His best moments were when he was in attack mode. I wonder if he overtrained.

I think Manny is the better boxer overall, but he fought like shit.

Draw AT LEAST. He got outperformed the early rounds.

fuck

Noshino

Dmncnby2k9 said:
After this fight, Mayweather has a better chance to win than I thoight against Pac Man.

After this fight? Manny stands no chance against Mayweather...

....and I HATE Mayweather

Heel

I mean, I'm by no means a boxing judge and may be unclear on the criteria, but I had Marquez blowing him out. Ring generalship > effective punching? Marquez was piecing him up.

JLG-

Close fight again. Could've gone either way, i felt Marquez should've got the nod. there where times were Marquez was making Manny look foolish.

TheNatural said:
Well the last three PPV's ended in a cheapshot KO with a dumb ref not controlling the restart, a backtoss that resulted in a shoulder dislocation KO which the title change was overturned, and now a screwjob judging decision. And the next PPV? It's a rematch between two guys who fought before where one used plaster inside his gloves to maim the other guy, and they're having a rematch.

Seriously, is there a stretch of boxing THAT bad in a row before? There may be decent boxing on Friday Night Fights between nobodies, but anything considered high level is a fucking joke right now.

The high profile PPVs suck now. Guys are fighting for paychecks, not titles. But there are still plenty of great fights and fighters around. The Kirkland fight from last week, for example.

Ferny

LOL all those that are giving Mayweather the win over Pac based on this fight are crazy. This is the third fight so these guys know each other very well in the ring. Just because he had trouble with Marquez doesn't mean Mayweather will walk all over Pacquio.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
The only to fix this sport is to have fights until TKO or towel-thrown.

Then no one can say shit about the results.

It's to shady.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom