• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls [PSN] | The originator returns - time to die.

garath

So the game tells me I need some DLC to go deeper in Trials. I've seen it mentioned in this thread but I checked the PS Store and I didn't find anything. Is there something I'm missing or has it not been released yet?

garath

Jucksalbe said:
Look under "Add Ons->Downloadable games->Wizardry" (or similar), should be there.

Thanks! I guess I just didn't look hard enough. I initially followed the link for "Playstation Store" in the main menu of the game and it didn't take me to any DLC. Just the full version of the game.... which I already owned. Ironically, the Playstation Store link was greyed out when I only had the demo.

JudgeN

I haven't gotten a single Grim circlet or whatever they are called but Ive gotten alot of reagents. This game seems very bipolar but at least i'm having a blast.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
JudgeN said:
I haven't gotten a single Grim circlet or whatever they are called but Ive gotten alot of reagents. This game seems very bipolar but at least i'm having a blast.

What I wouldn't give for the ability to trade items over PSN. :lol

B7 and B8 shin are crazy in terms of loot. i spent two hours max. down there and replaced the main weapon of almost every party member. looking at the many armor pieces, that one will take a while longer.

Finally finished rolling all 20 of my characters. (The 10 mains, plus 10 supplementary, one of each race, gender and job.) All alignments are now Good or Neutral too.

Now I can go back to grinding for the Bushido Blade!

*Fights the boss a billion more times*

found an item that took my bishop about 50 tries to appraise. it turned out to be a
cursed scimitar with all negative stats. i have no clue what to do with it.

Gunloc said:
Finally finished rolling all 20 of my characters. (The 10 mains, plus 10 supplementary, one of each race, gender and job.) All alignments are now Good or Neutral too.

Now I can go back to grinding for the Bushido Blade!

*Fights the boss a billion more times*

how much time have you spend on that? it sounds like you rolled them all high too.

garath

I got down to B4 on Trials before I started on Shin's. I spent ~2 hours clearing the first level of Shin's and I didn't lose a single hp. Lol.

I know the game will punish me for my hubris soon.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Still grinding for goddamn Reagents. Managed to find four, at least, in addition to the three I already had. Three to go!

Also this might be the best thing I've ever bought on PSN.

So I was initially perturbed by this game because I kept trying to get those 40/47 stat rolls for my characters but after an hour or not getting a single one I said fuck it and just started playing the game.

I was up till 5:30 am combing through dungeons to complete the maps. Love this game.

thanks

At first I thought, "Hmm, this is pretty good, but there's a complete lack of story and I usually drop dungeon crawlers about 8 hours in."

The last few days I keep thinking, "I hope my friends and family will forgive me for ignoring them completely."

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Finally got all my Reagents. Also while farming them I got a fucking
Holy Armor
from a Giant Zombie on Shin B2F. Of course then I had to spend an hour rolling up a Lord so I could get some use out of it. :lol

Once again, best damn PSN purchase ever.

Augemitbutter said:
how much time have you spend on that? it sounds like you rolled them all high too.
Yeah, they're all 40s and 47s. (With one 39.)

It probably took between four and five hours total. (An average of 15 mins. per character, so not too bad.) I didn't do it all at one though, I split it up over the course of four days.

I had a really lucky streak where it seemed like I has rolling 40s all over the place. I remember rolling six characters in under an hour and a half, with at least three of those characters getting 40s in under thirty rolls each.

Though I had a few long droughts in the beginning. XD

thanks

Augemitbutter said:
it feels kind of wrong that my priest is my strongest melee class currently :eek:

holy mace. high dmg with sleep and mute proc.

Is it
better than the Mauler, the reward for completing Lost and Found? I think it has an instant kill possible status effect.

thanks said:
Is it
better than the Mauler, the reward for completing Lost and Found? I think it has an instant kill possible status effect.
It does. I got one of those (-1) from a treasure chest and my lord is currently wielding it. I got about 5 percent left to map of Shiin B8F and then it's only B10F left. My party haven't gotten any new weapons since B6F or so and it's starting to show. They got completely wiped out in both the random battles I tried down there.

thanks said:
Is it

can't compare them since i didn't finish lost and found yet. is the scroll a random drop? my priest does 500+ damage per hit on many enemy types. it's blue vs most creatures and has a few other stats.

blah, I got a piece of armor worth 280,000 to appraise and my Bishop is nowhere near of a level to even hope of Appraising that.

Jesus.

ZephyrFate said:
blah, I got a piece of armor worth 280,000 to appraise and my Bishop is nowhere near of a level to even hope of Appraising that.
Keep trying! You can easily remove his fear status from the church.

bunbun777

Well I beat the game with my Dwarf fighter Smashi at lvl 36.

Am tempted to attempt the platinum but 50k kills seems ridonk. Oh well there is still more loot to get and I may just farm my team to 99. Take down that mega boss I heard about.

I am new to Wizardry but loving it (former Dark Spire/Etrian Odyssey junkie)! I discovered that an unarmed Ninja can sometimes OHKO mobs. Did you guys know this? Assassination skill seems to make it useless though, unless you just want to save a turn without having to Hide first.

garath

I remember from the original Wizardry that an unarmed ninja was pretty awesome. I think I'll try that with my ninja. I'm currently wielding a katana at level 6 and it's doing pretty well.

CecilMcW00t said:
I am new to Wizardry but loving it (former Dark Spire/Etrian Odyssey junkie)! I discovered that an unarmed Ninja can sometimes OHKO mobs. Did you guys know this? Assassination skill seems to make it useless though, unless you just want to save a turn without having to Hide first.

i don't have a ninja but that sounds neat.

i wish they would implement some kind of limited online trading system for equipment in future installments.
i'm sitting on two odin swords and a few other cool weapons i won't use for now.

cj_iwakura

Might have to respec my Priest to a Bishop to get her those swank skills.

Also, is that spell shield ability the only way to (Shiin 3F)
stop the back-row slaying Mages of doom?

Huh?! Now I feel really stupid. I went about 45 minutes without getting any loot at all. It wasn't bad luck, my inventory was simply full.

finished the game earlier with my original party of fighter, samurai, thief, priest, mage and bishop. final level was 36/37.

i'd give it the highest ratings, even though the final mission was badly designed.

no hints whatsoever. klaus tells you to start out at the mid section but the first encounter is at B3. you're forced to search every square or look up the coordinates to progress. bad bad bad.

oh well, on to the next character! i'm gonna try out the ninja and lord classes next time.

Master cartographer trophy unlocked and I got what must be the most ridiculously overpowered weapon in the game,
Mjolnir.
Like Augemitbutter I completely missed the quests. Instead of backtracking my way back through the entire dungeon, I decided to look it up in the quest walkthrough. My party is only level 20-27, so maybe I need to grind a bit before I face the final boss.

Edit: And I beat it. Great game!

7threst

Some of the rolls I see in this topic... I really thought 10 or something was the max... I feel so stupid now haha :)

cj_iwakura

ZephyrFate said:
Really? I wasn't having huge issues with it and my party's all around level 9. I did get boned a couple times but I made it through. The Mummies are what fuck me over most.

Exorcism. They all die.

cj_iwakura said:
Exorcism. They all die.
Shiiiiiiet. Well there you go.

The only thing I'm really having trouble with is the Grim Circlet quest. What's the best way to farm that shit? I rarely run into Undead Goblins in the DoT.

ZephyrFate said:
The only thing I'm really having trouble with is the Grim Circlet quest. What's the best way to farm that shit? I rarely run into Undead Goblins in the DoT.

I farmed them on the 4th floor. It took quite a while though. I would suggest saving and then going back to title screen to reset the RNG if they aren't dropping after multiple battles.

By the way, if anyone is struggling on Shiin, I highly suggest having a Lord use Huge Shield with the Advanced Reflex buff. I have an awesome Porklu Lord with crazy AGI. Rarely gets hit. Helps a ton with the mummies and such.

thanks

With exorcism you must remember that it gimps your exp received from the battle. I believe it cuts what you get in half, although at around that point in the game levels start to become almost meaningless anyhow.

thanks said:
With exorcism you must remember that it gimps your exp received from the battle. I believe it cuts what you get in half, although at around that point in the game levels start to become almost meaningless anyhow.
Really? I might avoid using it then. I kind of like having shittons of EXP, but then again I may be approaching Shiin 3F a little underleveled (my guys are level 9).

I want to like this but 1st person rpg's of this sort have always been hard for me to get into for some reason.

I'm such a RPG fan that I feel I must keep trying.lol

thanks

ZephyrFate said:
Really? I might avoid using it then. I kind of like having shittons of EXP, but then again I may be approaching Shiin 3F a little underleveled (my guys are level 9).

I just looked it up in the status screen to confirm;

This prayer sends a wave of peaceful holy energy through a group of undead enemies, attempting to put their souls to rest. Turned undead enemies provide only half experience for defeat.

I've only used it a handful of times, but then again at a certain point levels almost seem irrelevant. The game is very gear-focused, but early on I think the leveling up is very necessary.

thanks said:
I've only used it a handful of times, but then again at a certain point levels almost seem irrelevant. The game is very gear-focused, but early on I think the leveling up is very necessary.

you might regret neglecting that skill later in the game when one hit kills start to ramp up. it's also a great skill to clear difficult groupings of enemies. i don't have regrets using it whenever possible.

CecilMcW00t said:
I farmed them on the 4th floor. It took quite a while though. I would suggest saving and then going back to title screen to reset the RNG if they aren't dropping after multiple battles.

By the way, if anyone is struggling on Shiin, I highly suggest having a Lord use Huge Shield with the Advanced Reflex buff. I have an awesome Porklu Lord with crazy AGI. Rarely gets hit. Helps a ton with the mummies and such.
Man level 4? Alright. Well I have some floors to clear before I even get close to that. Shiin 3F has such a wacky dungeon design.

my poor mage got a royal beating the last time i've ventured into shiin's. he lost 3 VIT by dying and got stripped of 2 magic points. this game can be very cruel sometimes.

i was ready to see him disappear after two resurrections.

Top Bottom