• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls [PSN] | The originator returns - time to die.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
sleepykyo said:
I have a gnome bishop too. Even the pork thief has twice as much hp as it. Do the special classes get fewer stat boosts when they level?

I dunno. My human lord seems to get the most +stats (sometimes 4-5 different ones in a level) and then like 20+ hp. Others usually get like 1-2 on stats. Not sure if it's his class or race.

Have we figured out what red and blue stat text colors mean yet? I found a nice black robe with "good" in red and "undead", "fairy" and "specter" in blue stat text color. What are the odds that equipping this robe pushes my character's alignment towards evil?

Edit: It also has blue INT and PIE which increases the stat by 1.

cj_iwakura

archnemesis said:
Have we figured out what red and blue stat text colors mean yet? I found a nice black robe with "good" in red and "undead", "fairy" and "specter" in blue stat text color. What are the odds that equipping this robe pushes my character's alignment towards evil?

It's in the OP.

So I should probably be able to equip it on my neutral aligned mage without changing her alignment, but if I equip it on one of my good characters they might lose their good alignment.

archnemesis said:
Have we figured out what red and blue stat text colors mean yet?

the shopkeeper will tell you everything as he opens up to you, just not right away.

Simon Belmont said:
Has anybody else had a character up and leave a party? Any chance of recovering them?

no, i have not. but why did he leave? did you have incompatiple alignments?

something else i've noticed today: if you've sold quest items like grim circlet to the shop, he will sell those items in same quantities back to you. i could buy exactly two circlets back.

cj_iwakura

Priest's Exorcism skill is super broken. Use it, love it.

It turns squads of undead to dust.

Also, had my first wipe. Poisoned chest. And my thief searched and everything!
(Revival = expensive.)

So: save before opening chests.

cj_iwakura

Shiin 3f is nasty.

Lightning floors, man-eating venus traps, OH MY GOD GIANT MANTIS KILL IT KILL IT WITH FIRE

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I have a thief, but when I know there's a trapped floor ahead how can I disarm it? No real way to from the menus.

xelios

Augemitbutter said:
no, i have not. but why did he leave? did you have incompatiple alignments?

I've been running with a good bishop/lord, an evil bishop/ninja since the beginning of the game and it hasn't happened to me yet, so doesn't seem like it. Not sure what causes that. Did you try the "Search for Allies" option to see if you can get them back? That would suck if you couldn't.

mattiewheels said:
I have a thief, but when I know there's a trapped floor ahead how can I disarm it? No real way to from the menus.

Use the mage spell Levitation. I don't know of a way to disarm them, would like to know also if there is one.

I got a couple of sweet drops while grinding on B3F of Dungeon of Trials.
Dragon Slayer sword which does some mega damage, and a black robe for my evil bishop that's worth 80k.
Intelligence makes a noticeable difference in spell damage between my bishops.

xelios

Just found out to go deeper than B5 in Dungeon of Trials you need DLC. $4.99

bunbun777

It's name is Hatari.

run or die with honor

Got a bit past that now, my main is level 26. BF7 and getting close to BF8 in Shiin's.

xelios said:
I got a couple of sweet drops while grinding on B3F of Dungeon of Trials.
Dragon Slayer sword which does some mega damage, and a black robe for my evil bishop that's worth 80k.
Intelligence makes a noticeable difference in spell damage between my bishops.

i got that sword pretty early in the game for some reason and my fighter kept wrecking everything. oh, that robe dropped for me yesterday as well. pretty neat looking.

xelios

Augemitbutter said:
i got that sword pretty early in the game for some reason and my fighter kept wrecking everything. oh, that robe dropped for me yesterday as well. pretty neat looking.

I just got
Ice Sword also for my Samurai from spirits on the same floor. Wrecks stuff with his class skill since he can't use the Dragon Sword and it's worth 135k.

So deepest I've been since I've been taking my time and trying to find the various rare drops on each floor is B6 Trials (which I didn't stay very long) and B3 of Shin's. Also, Bishops DO get the mage skill Magic Barrier in their late teens, so probably exorcism eventually as well. Sweet.

xelios

JudgeN said:
I don't like the sound of this, how big is this game before the DLC stuff happens?

Good size. Only thing that bothers me is that dlc is just a 100kb unlock, so yeah.

i found a book
to change a class to bishop. i assume this stuff is rare. what happens if i change my class anyway, will the stats of that character change permanently?

i went to B5 shin's dungeon today and got utterly destroyed. one hit kills aren't funny.

xelios said:
Good size. Only thing that bothers me is that dlc is just a 100kb unlock, so yeah.

btw, do you know if all trophies are attainable without dlc?

xelios

Augemitbutter said:
btw, do you know if all trophies are attainable without dlc?

Don't know for sure, but usually they are.

I found one of those too.

xelios

Wow I just got completely creeped out by this game.

BF4 Trials
I was walking around in the dark and a voice told me, "They're going to eat you too." Wat. Nothing has happened so far, can't figure out what it means.

lljride

I'm so addicted to this game it's crazy. Been making good progress, just got to B7F in Shiin's Dungeon, which is awesome except I don't have a freaking map for this floor.

If I keep getting into fights on this floor I should get one to drop eventually..right?

Isn't there a magic spell you could use instead? I haven't used Arcane Map myself, but I imagine it should be used for these kind of situations.

xelios

Anyone know if wands are infinite when you use them through the Item command in battle?

Edit: No. They can break.

lljride

archnemesis said:
Isn't there a magic spell you could use instead? I haven't used Arcane Map myself, but I imagine it should be used for these kind of situations.
Lol, I feel like a dumbass. Forgot I even had that spell, I've never had to use it. Thanks for the help.

i've found multiple swords and staffs so far, but i'm having a hard time upgrading ranged weapons. anybody got lucky with those?

xelios said:
Wow I just got completely creeped out by this game.

BF4 Trials
I was walking around in the dark and a voice told me, "They're going to eat you too." Wat. Nothing has happened so far, can't figure out what it means.

that happened to me when i was playing at night. shiiiite.

My priest and my bishop are both equipped with slings which are quite useless. I just traded a light shield for a boomerang for my thief but I haven't had time to try it yet. It has range LL instead of L so I guess that means it can hit the third row of enemies.

Mr_Elysia

Level six in Trials is a swift kick at a pretty high wall in case people are thinking they're ready to bring down their level fifteen to twenty party after breezing through five.

And Augemit there just aren't many ranged weapons in the game according to the item collection at the Inn. Looks like three ranged weapons. So you've got
Sling, Boomerang,
and one other thing along with their modified numbers ie: weapon+/-(number). Or maybe that's daggers. I can't remember now. In any case, selection is limited.

xelios

Mr_Elysia said:
Level six in Trials is a swift kick at a pretty high wall in case people are thinking they're ready to bring down their level fifteen to twenty party after breezing through five.

And Augemit there just aren't many ranged weapons in the game according to the item collection at the Inn. Looks like three ranged weapons. So you've got
Sling, Boomerang,
and one other thing along with their modified numbers ie: weapon+/-(number). Or maybe that's daggers. I can't remember now. In any case, selection is limited.

I could've swore it said somewhere that ninjas use shurikens, but I've yet to see any.

Does the shop keeper ever update his inventory? I think I already have all the items he's currently selling from getting random loot in the dungeons. A set of dark attire dropped from a really tough random mid-boss in Shiin B5F (
Hayate
). I've also unlocked all money related trophies, so I guess I should spend what I have on tithing and then continue to sleep in the stables.

What's up guys?

I've been lurking this thread for a while, and I rarely ever post on NG, but I really appreciate all of the tips I've picked up from reading what you guys are talking about.

My crew is still pretty low level-wise compared to what you guys sound like you're rocking (around levels 6 or 7), but I just wanted to chime in anyways. :)

Great demo! I want to bite, but my backlog is so huge already. :(

Ended up settling for 30 Bonus on most of my party; ended up with 47 on one character on the first roll, though. Feels good, man.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Crosswayboy said:
What's up guys?

I've been lurking this thread for a while, and I rarely ever post on NG, but I really appreciate all of the tips I've picked up from reading what you guys are talking about.

My crew is still pretty low level-wise compared to what you guys sound like you're rocking (around levels 6 or 7), but I just wanted to chime in anyways. :)
This is a good place for some precise advice and some utter lunacy all at once!

JudgeN

Hmm found a death ring and sold it to NPC for 28k, probably wasn't a good idea. I should have uncursed and used it right?

thanks

JudgeN said:
Hmm found a death ring and sold it to NPC for 28k, probably wasn't a good idea. I should have uncursed and used it right?

The ring itself didn't seem all that great to me, and AFAIK you only uncurse after equipping it in order to unequip it. In simpler English, when you equip the death ring, you can't unequip it because it's cursed. You have to uncurse it at the temple before you can equip a different ring.

Edit: plus anything you sell to Ironhand can be purchased back. I think he charges double whatever you sold it for.

Shit! Just spent two hours rolling to get a 47 for my ninja, got up for a drink and when I came back and picked up the controller, I hit the circle button and backed out. lol....

:(

Has anyone here been able to get the Bushido Blade to drop from the
Banshee?

It's supposed to be really good. So far though, I've only gotten a Priest's Robe, a Hard Staff and a Vulnerary. Is it worth it to keep trying, or can it be found later?

Sweet, I was able to roll all five of my supplementary characters today with 40s & 47s in relatively little time.

Why couldn't have been this easy to roll my main group of six?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm just gonna come out and ask the ridiculous and terrible question I wanna ask:

Is this like Etrian Odyssey?

I've always wanted to get into RPGs like that one, but they always ended up being too hard or unforgiving for me to enjoy them. Is this one like the DS games? Or is it just so good that I should bend over and take it like a man? 'Cause I'm willing to, if that's the case.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
This might seem very archaic compared to Etrian Odyssey, that was about making dungeon crawlers accessible, but this is about staid tradition. There's a demo!

Question, where can I find a Trials Dungeon Mid map?

xelios

mattiewheels said:
Question, where can I find a Trials Dungeon Mid map?

I think I got it from a drop/chest drop pretty early on (before I went past the top levels). As ?Scroll or something.

Top Bottom