• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls [PSN] | The originator returns - time to die.

i never had it wear off on me.

if you haven't already, try to get a shield on your mage if that's a problem for now. i think they can equip moon buckler in lower levels.

thanks

Augemitbutter said:
i never had it wear off on me.

if you haven't already, try to get a shield on your mage if that's a problem for now. i think they can equip moon buckler in lower levels.

I'll second both of these statements.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Question: What happens when the "Trade" window in the guild gets full of stuff you can't fulfill? Will it stagnate or will it eventually change, or scroll?

xelios said:
Question: What happens when the "Trade" window in the guild gets full of stuff you can't fulfill? Will it stagnate or will it eventually change, or scroll?
It will change eventually. I've never seen it scrolling.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yeah, just spent some time grinding in Shiin B5F. Didn't really have any problems this time. Just went full-force with NAL Bursts and Smites against the Hayates this time around.

Moved on to B6F, actually. Strangely, I'm finding it easier than B5F. Though I did get a party wipe due to getting overconfident against a group of Banshees. Won't make that mistake again.

However, I've noticed that my party's weapons are extremely lacking. Still using basic stuff like Greatswords and Katanas for most of my party. Where would be a recommended grinding spot for better swords?

Seraphis Cain said:
Yeah, just spent some time grinding in Shiin B5F. Didn't really have any problems this time. Just went full-force with NAL Bursts and Smites against the Hayates this time around.

Moved on to B6F, actually. Strangely, I'm finding it easier than B5F. Though I did get a party wipe due to getting overconfident against a group of Banshees. Won't make that mistake again.

However, I've noticed that my party's weapons are extremely lacking. Still using basic stuff like Greatswords and Katanas for most of my party. Where would be a recommended grinding spot for better swords?
B4 has Ice Swords, Fire Swords, Dragon Slayers, et. al.

xelios said:

i don't think i've seen it change. you have to clear up the window or you'll be stuck with the same items in the trade section.

Seraphis Cain said:

it was on B8F when i got a huge wave of new equipment. might just be my luck and others have a different experience. katanas, bastard swords and dragon slayers were my main weapons until then.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yeah, I just had the most amazing drops in Shiin B4F. In one run, I got:

Fire Sword, Ice Sword, 2x Master Plate, 2x Black Robe, 2x Dragon Kite, Bushido Blade (!!), and Mithril Plate (!!). Plus a bunch of other smaller stuff.

Still lacking a decent weapon for my Fighter, though. Guess it's back into the dungeon to look for a Dragon Slayer.

Yeah I'm having the same problem with weapons.
Up to Shiin B6 (technically I could move onto B7 but uh..need some loot) and while I have both my Fighter and Lord with a Dragon Slayer my Samurai is lagging behind. Hell I even snagged a Holy Mace for my Bishop and that's a serious piece of work(shame it doesn't see much use when my Bishop can just nuke or heal instead). I also could use some better armor so my Lord can tank worth a crap.

Fucking Hayates though. Hate them so much.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
PepsimanVsJoe said:
Yeah I'm having the same problem with weapons.
Up to Shiin B6 (technically I could move onto B7 but uh..need some loot) and while I have both my Fighter and Lord with a Dragon Slayer my Samurai is lagging behind. Hell I even snagged a Holy Mace for my Bishop and that's a serious piece of work. I also could use some better armor so my Lord can tank worth a crap.

Fucking Hayates though. Hate them so much.

Do what I just did. Grind Shiin B4F until you get a Bushido Blade. My samurai is so godly powerful now it's ridiculous. Totally worth the time investment.

lljride

I've been playing this a lot over the past week, alternating between it and Infamous 2. They were the perfect complements to each other, I'd play a few missions in Infamous and then switch to Wizardry to cool down for a while.

I guess I hit a wall at the last boss though (fighting
Tempestus Rex
). My party can survive most fights on Shiin 10F with no problems at all, but this dude just slaughters me. I can't hit him with anything but NAL Bursts, and I can only survive one or two rounds before he kills everyone. Unless I'm doing something wrong I think it's just a matter of not having the ultimate gear for everyone (or at least one Muramasa for my Samurai).

Running with 2 Samurais and a Lord in the front row, a Ninja and two Bishops in back. Any ideas on possible strategies I should be using against him, or is it really just a matter of having the best gear possible? With one or two exceptions everyone has about the 2nd best possible (Samurais have Bushido Blades but no Muramasa, etc).

Seraphis Cain said:
Yeah, I just had the most amazing drops in Shiin B4F. In one run, I got:

Fire Sword, Ice Sword, 2x Master Plate, 2x Black Robe, 2x Dragon Kite, Bushido Blade (!!), and Mithril Plate (!!). Plus a bunch of other smaller stuff.

Still lacking a decent weapon for my Fighter, though. Guess it's back into the dungeon to look for a Dragon Slayer.

Nice! I got myself a Dragon Slayer on Shiin B5F, along with a pair of Ice Swords. Weapons are flowing to my party like water, but I'm really lagging behind on armor. The best thing I have so far is the Full Plate I bought from the item shop. (And the Black Robes my Mage and Bishop have.)

lljride said:
Running with 2 Samurais and a Lord in the front row, a Ninja and two Bishops in back. Any ideas on possible strategies I should be using against him, or is it really just a matter of having the best gear possible? With one or two exceptions everyone has about the 2nd best possible (Samurais have Bushido Blades but no Muramasa, etc).

doesn't sound like a gear issue to me. i beat him with mauler, fire sword, death dagger, holy mace, mage and bishop the first time.
if he doesn't kill you the first round, you'll have a chance by using your lord's skill and buff dodge with wish, like jucksalbe said. magic wall might help for the rest of his attacks. i know he can be hard to hit but NAL and your ninja with assasination skill should be able to do all the damage you'll need.

Bento

Been playing some of this recently and while I'm enjoying it there are specifically two things that drags down the experience for me:

First of all the lack of music when exploring and just the overall poor score for the game is a real bummer. This game pales in comparison to The Dark Spire which had such an amazing soundtrack in the Classic mode and going from that to the outright silence when exploring the dungeon in this game is quite jarring. And secondly the quest and dungeon design has been very poor so far, although I probably should say that I have yet to enter the Shiin dungeon which might very well make the game take off in this regard. But so far (I'm at floor 5 in Dungeon of Trials) my experience has been that there is nothing to interact with in the dungeons with the exception of the Banshee on the first floor, no npcs, events or puzzles whatsoever. Add to this two very boring item fetch quests with a drop rate that is far too low and you have a game that does not make a very good first impression. I really do hope the game picks up as I enter the Shiin dungeon since I have always enjoyed the combat in these games and there seems to be a decent collection of loot to gather so the fundamentals are very much here.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, so is it worth a million gold to double my Bishop's HP? At Lv. 26 she only has 206 HP. I reclassed her into a Fighter, tithed her up to Lv. 22 or so, reclassed back to Bishop, tithed up to 23, and now she has 415 HP. The only problem is...that cost a LOT of money. Granted, I'm not really using it for anything else, but...damn, a million gold. Still not sure if I should save or not. =S

I ended with 2 million gold at the end of the game. You might as well spend it, it's not like you're going to need it for anything else.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yeah...I mean, if I do stick with this setup, I'm going to need to grind for another million, because my Thief is super low on HP as well (280 HP at Lv. 27). My Mage is just barely in the acceptable range, with 353 HP at Lv. 28.

Do you really need that high HPs? My tank had about 550 when I beat the game, but most of my other characters were a lot lower. Their final levels were 19-28.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
archnemesis said:
Do you really need that high HPs? My tank had about 550 when I beat the game, but most of my other characters were a lot lower. Their final levels were 19-28.

Prior to the reclassing, my Bishop was getting OHKO'd in Shiin B7F. I think I was justified. :lol

Plus it's not even a big deal. An hour or so in Shiin B4F grinding for items and I'm already back up to well over a million gold. Found a second Bushido Blade, too. Now both my Samurai and my Lord are walking death machines. :lol

Oh damn Magic Field is awesome.
Granted its strength varies depending on the ferocity of the enemy's attack but with enough charges even spells that affect the entire party can be weakened.

Maybe I should pass the holy mace off to the fighter and have her do the three-hit special attacks. I think those override the mace's piddly one hit....or not. Fighters can't use Holy Mace...arghghgh

Oh and Free Warp is so awesome.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
PepsimanVsJoe said:
Oh damn Magic Field is awesome.
Granted its strength varies depending on the ferocity of the enemy's attack but with enough charges even spells that affect the entire party can be weakened.

Maybe I should pass the holy mace off to the fighter and have her do the three-hit special attacks. I think those override the mace's piddly one hit.

Oh and Free Warp is so awesome.

Yep. I pretty much rely on Free Warp now. Really cuts down on the pointless backtracking.

Oh Lord.
Somebody really needs to stop giving my Lord so much awesome stuff.

Just got:

Odin Sword - One-shots everyone I've bumped into up to L8, frequently doing over 1,000 points of damage.
Holy Armor - Oh Lord
Lordly Helmet - Goodass stats and lots of dodge.

Still no new Katanas. sigh

garath

I finally had a nice little grab fest on B4F in Shin's. Got a boomerang +1 from a chest, a guard mace (from somewhere) and a holy mace from a drop. Now my back row is outdamaging my front row lol. The guard mace only gets a mention because on my fighter it keeps putting things to sleep.

My thief does very nice backstab damage with the boomerang and my bishop is hitting like a freight truck from the back row. All of a sudden B5F isn't quite so death dealing.

Still on the hunt for decent items.

Front:

ninja - Katana/dagger+3
samurai - twin bastard swords
Fighter - guard mace/buckler + 3
Thief - boomerang + 1
bishop - holy mace
mage - Staff!

I'm getting there.

CecilMcW00t said:
Nice! Do you remember who dropped Lordly Helmet? My Lord needs a good helm.

I already forgot. =(
I know I got it off L8 at least.

Really wish there was a patch that bumped the drop-rates up a bit. Then again it'd probably make the game way too easy because aside from a handful of skills the quickest way to break the game is to find awesome stuff.

Still I wish there was a blacksmith or someone I could go see to improve my weapons/armor. Even if it costs like 100 grand to add a +1 to a decent weapon it could still go a long way.

lljride

Thanks for the advice Jucksalbe and Augemitbutter, went back and beat the boss first try last night. Took me about 6-7 rounds to finally drop him, but between Wish, Huge Shield and Magic Wall he barely hit me.

Started with another lead character last night and realized I have to grind Dirty Daggers and Grim Circlets again :/ Oh well, I have another 170 hours and 45000 enemies to kill for trophies, gotta get there somehow lol.

Jucksalbe

Banned
lljride said:
Started with another lead character last night and realized I have to grind Dirty Daggers and Grim Circlets again :/

You can
just buy the Dirty Daggers you sold during your first playthrough. Should be more than enough.
And if you just want to finish the game with each character, then
you don't have to do the quest with the Grim Circlets

lljride

Jucksalbe said:
And if you just want to finish the game with each character, then
you don't have to do the quest with the Grim Circlets

Really? Awesome, I thought I had to since I the next quest wasn't popping up. I'll check again tonight when I get home, but I think all I have available at the moment is Lost and Found (finding some scroll for the Temple; not the Ancient Scroll story quest, did that one already) and the Grim Circlets. I'm sure I missed something along the way.

Jucksalbe

Banned
For anyone who cares, the required quests for beating the game are:

Defeat the Monsters->Stolen Medicine-> Dungeon Delivery -> Your main character's specific quest (not on the quest board) -> Researcher of the Heathen Gods (this is already unlocked by clearing "Stolen Medicine") -> Stranded in the Dungeon -> Resuce King Diement V

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Why is this thread dying? =/

Anyway, has anyone picked up the DLC yet? I only have Shiin 9 and 10 to go, so I'm seriously considering it. And I figure my party is strong enough to take on Trials B6F and beyond by now (everyone is at least Lv. 30).

But yeah, are the DLC floors worth it? Loot/quest-wise, at least?

EDIT: LOL, just read the GameSpot review and noticed this little gem:

There is no automatic mapping function here, which makes finding your way around extremely challenging. You can buy maps and deal with this in various other ways, but at times, you need to either resort to graph paper or a really uncanny sense of direction. An automap that can be turned on and off would have been a better solution here, letting more casual players get into the game without the hassle of manual mapping and using the limited in-game maps.

What the hell, GameSpot? You buy a map, boom, automap. FFS.

I'm guessing they're talking about all of the maps that must be found...what the heck ever.
Maps are a ridiculously common drop, IIRC you can get all of the non-DLC ones on the first or second floor of the Trials dungeon.

Apparently I've just been tasked with writing a review for this game. Guess I'll have to show Gamespot how it is done and still get .001% of their hits in the process.

cj_iwakura said:
Word is that the DLC is not worth it. No special drops, just harder fights.

Blech. =/

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
cj_iwakura said:
Word is that the DLC is not worth it. No special drops, just harder fights.

Yeah, well, damn. I bought it anyway. :lol

It actually seems a little easy so far, plus not having a map is a pain in the ass, though I hear you can get Trials Low maps from a certain enemy, although it's a rare drop.

And anyway, it was five bucks. Five bucks for five dungeons to map out is a good deal for me, I suppose. Just hope we eventually get the Shiin DLC and the huge(?) expansion pack at some point too.

Finally dug into the demo tonight after beating Deus Ex for the umpteenth time, and I loved it! Didn't take too long to max out the first floor and thankfully the dirty dagger drops were kind to me. I'm definitely going to drop the fifteen bones for the full game to support the series. Hopefully they release some dlc worth purchasing...

i haven't tried the dlc yet but i'll be getting it simply for the exploration and to clear up missing items. i have plenty of those ???? left to clear. hopefully the last boss is fun too.

I've heard the next dlc dungeon is called lower shiin and it constists of 6 floors, new loot tables and a new level cap of 99.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Augemitbutter said:
i haven't tried the dlc yet but i'll be getting it simply for the exploration and to clear up missing items. i have plenty of those ???? left to clear. hopefully the last boss is fun too.

I've heard the next dlc dungeon is called lower shiin and it constists of 6 floors, new loot tables and a new level cap of 99.

Know anything about the last DLC, the "Red Nun" thing or whatever? As far as I can tell it's just new quests and such, no new dungeons. But it's also the most expensive one as well. So it's gotta have some sort of new substantial content. Sorta confusing. Could anyone maybe shed some light on what's in the last DLC?

Rolf NB said:
There's a level cap? Oo

i've heard it's capped at 50 for balancing reasons. i'm miles away from that, so if anybody wants to correct me, feel free :)

Seraphis Cain said:
Know anything about the last DLC, the "Red Nun" thing or whatever? As far as I can tell it's just new quests and such, no new dungeons. But it's also the most expensive one as well. So it's gotta have some sort of new substantial content. Sorta confusing. Could anyone maybe shed some light on what's in the last DLC?

i don't know about that one but i'm eager to find out.

Top Bottom