• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Otome Community Thread: Happiness isn't a limited commodity, my love is boundless!

Saphirax

It's all been self-study, I'm most of the way through Genki I and like level 25 in wanikani, which means my kanji knowledge vastly outweighs my grammar. So I can use compex kanji to express very simple baby sentences. 8D I was trying to study for JLPT N4 but I was cramming so badly because I procrastinated that I forced myself to quit because I knew I would forget everything and here we are, I've already started forgetting what I had learned after I stopped doing Japanese for hours every day in a fear-induced mania. I need a proper teacher to sit down with once a month or something like that but I can't find any local tutors and all the online tutor things I've looked at kind of fucking suck :I

The most amazing thing I did when my brother-in-law was here over Thanksgiving was sit down and play Hakuouki: SSL with him and I would sort of hazard a guess at the text and then he would read it for me. If I had some system like that where I could be practicing that way I'd be a pro (and I'd be progressing through that game at a reasonable pace, haha).

Yeah, I forgot almost everything I learned. It does get you down D:. Class environment just isn't for me. Self-study or 1 on 1 would work best - if only I could bring myself to do it. Should've bought some motivation instead of all those textbooks and dictionaries! :p

Westraid

How's RdF treating you? :p
Struggled through FORTY damned bad endings and still missing two damned trophies. 過保護の意図 and the one for buying all the crap in the store, but I still have 10 ???? items I can't effing buy.
I'm so effing done with this game but it seems like I'll have to be stuck quite a while longer with it.
Never in my life have I played such a crap game as Reine des Merde.
I could travel back in time and fix only 1 mistake I made in my entire life, I'd have NEVER bought that game ever.

The writing is terrible and it drags on and on and on and on, the ravir system is annoying as heck, and seriously forty bad endings is just plain ridiculous.

I hate this game so much!

Kirie

I'm actually not too sure they didn't have them in the games prior to Haruka 6! I might have to do some digging on that because I'm kind of curious now, haha.

I'm so glad you're enjoying KgK!! :D I only actually got around to completing all of Kei, Saneaki and Tsuzuramaru's route. I was super curious about Sakyo (like you, I like those slight S tendencies!) but I moved on from the game to some other ones at the time, and never got completely back into it. I finished a couple routes in Angelique Retour (fun game!) so I might try out my Vita version of KgK soon if I can find the time between Fire Emblem and Digimon :p

Any plans on what you're wanting to play after you're done with it? :D

Struggled through FORTY damned bad endings and still missing two damned trophies. 過保護の意図 and the one for buying all the crap in the store, but I still have 10 ???? items I can't effing buy.
I'm so effing done with this game but it seems like I'll have to be stuck quite a while longer with it.
Never in my life have I played such a crap game as Reine des Merde.
I could travel back in time and fix only 1 mistake I made in my entire life, I'd have NEVER bought that game ever.

The writing is terrible and it drags on and on and on and on, the ravir system is annoying as heck, and seriously forty bad endings is just plain ridiculous.

I hate this game so much!

Here you go! http://swivel2270.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-105.html look likes you have to fail the ravir choice right before the bad ending 虚ろな幸福の果て.

I know the feeling ;_; I know opinions and all, but when I see people clamoring for that game to come out west I'm like nooooooooo, there's so many other games that are so much better lol

Westraid

Here you go! http://swivel2270.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-105.html look likes you have to fail the ravir choice right before the bad ending 虚ろな幸福の果て.

I know the feeling ;_; I know opinions and all, but when I see people clamoring for that game to come out west I'm like nooooooooo, there's so many other games that are so much better lol
Thank you so much for this, I really appreciate your help, because in my angry state I wouldn't have found out by myself. I was so excited to be done with it too lol.

Just got the platinum, never been so happy to be done with a game.

Now a less angry review:
Pretty much what I said in my previous post but with less 'effing', 'crap' and 'damned'.
The art is stunning but it's not nearly enough to save this game that is just bad, and I've really, really tried to like it.

ss-hikaru

I've been studying on and off for years myself, but I'm such a very lazy person that it's a miracle I even managed to learn English. Anyway, if you guys need a website to practice reading Japanese then I recommend the Satori Reader. It's in beta so it doesn't have that much content yet, but it's very usable since it has a built-in dictionary and a srs to review vocab.

Oh thanks for bringing my attention to Satori Reader. I only really try to read manga and games so I feel like I'm probably not really learning much :p Yet on the other hand trying to read the text in the comprehension sections of textbooks and the JLPT tests feels so dry XD

jzbluz

Both BWS games are being ported together to the vita. Weren't Aksys originally looking at one of the games to localize it?

$150k Kickstarter for Beastmaster and Prince, aiming for Steam, stretching for Mobile.
You can get a variety of goodies depending on how much you back them for.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/688648305/beastmaster-and-prince-flower-and-snow

Yeeeeeeah I'm not sure they'll get that much money. Also, I could swear this is on Vita as well, but the kickstarter is only for PC and mobile (phones)?

I'll pledge to it sooner or later but I'm prepared for this to end with my bitter tears staining my keyboard.

Shizuka

I really dislike when companies go out of their way to localize a game for a new platform but completely ignore the platform the game is already available on.

Don't worry, it's become a Kickstarter trend to announce Vita ports halfway through the campaign when they're struggling or hide it behind a mysterious stretch goal.

Saphirax

Don't worry, it's become a Kickstarter trend to announce Vita ports halfway through the campaign when they're struggling or hide it behind a mysterious stretch goal.

Yeah and it's a really shitty thing to pull. Was quite surprised that most of the comments on their FB page were asking for the Vita version.
There's clearly a demand but ignoring it and only putting a stretch goal for it if the ks ends up struggling makes it obvious that the Vita version was an afterthought :/.

$150k Kickstarter for Beastmaster and Prince, aiming for Steam, stretching for Mobile.
You can get a variety of goodies depending on how much you back them for.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/688648305/beastmaster-and-prince-flower-and-snow

Not putting the voice actor cast with the character profiles is an odd move.

Anyway, $150K for a hidden gem is a very high price, I could see if this at least had an anime to have gone with it to make it more popular since thats usually how I hear of many otomes.

Btw Shizuka, one of the new mods has an avatar that's sort of similar to yours and at first I was like OTOME GAF WE MADE IT then I looked a bit closer... maybe next draft, lol.

Shizuka

Btw Shizuka, one of the new mods has an avatar that's sort of similar to yours and at first I was like OTOME GAF WE MADE IT then I looked a bit closer... maybe next draft, lol.

I don't think I'd ever get that position, my forum records isn't exactly spotless, but thank you!

Shizuka

From Mangagamer's Twitter:

While this isn’t a usual update date, #Ozmafia completed translation earlier this week! Editing is over 60% now too!

And well, finally got an answer regarding the Vita version of the game:

Me: Please, bring the Vita version as well! At least acknowledge people's requests and don't let our requests go ignored. (Note: I've been asking them about this for quite some time, every opportunity they mentioned the game.)

Mangagamer: I apologize if we’ve given the impression that we’re ignoring anyone. We have looked into it and it’s just not an option right now

Unfortunately the rights for the Vita assets belong to a different company so our hands are a bit tied on that front.

cj_iwakura

I am really hoping at some point [Amnesia protagonist] takes Orion and puts him into a blender. God is he pushy. "Hey, he wants to go to the university? Should we? Okay, we're going!" "... [SILENT RAGE]"

Saphirax

New trailer for Nil Admirari
cg0.jpg

I like the way it looks, although it does remind me of DL.

Saphirax

It looks so pretty... but I know enough Japanese to understand like two words lol. Any idea what it seems to be about? I caught something about a wedding/marriage and her brother I guess.. maybe? ?_? Probably just another otome that we'll never see I suppose ;_;

The Taishou era didn’t end in 15 years, but went on for another 25.

It is a world in which words harbour spiritual power and letters contain spiritual energy.

Do you believe in the existence of “The Book That Harbours Passion?” Its words influence those who read it.

To fall in love.

To learn what love is.

This is a story of a girl who births love.

Why did you keep quiet?

You were hiding it from me, weren’t you?

According to VNDB...which still doesn't explain much.

The daughter of the noble Kuze family that has begun to fall. Cheerful and intelligent, she has a very warm personality. However, she blames herself for the suicide of her younger brother, which Tsugumi’s arranged marriage seemed to have been the reason behind.

Because she was like a mother to her younger brother, sometimes, she just can’t leave people alone, and will try to help them.

The above is about the protagonist.

Top Bottom