• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Otome Community Thread: Happiness isn't a limited commodity, my love is boundless!

I don't come here nearly often enough, so I forgot this thread existed, but I'm so glad it does! Especially since I've got a Vita on the way. That being said: Code:Realize or Hakuoki?

I just finished the first (Heart) route. I like it! And it's supposed to get better/more intense. I like those sort of things though.

Code: Realize, definitely.

Sorry friend, I've got to disagree with you there. Hakuoki all the way! I liked the romances a lot more, and it's literally the one game that doesn't have any psycho yandere romances (out of all the ones I've played so far, I should clarify).

The Wand of Fortune R website went up. I want.

Ooooh, the artwork is so pretty ;_; Pleeeeease bring this over Otomate!

jzbluz

Sorry friend, I've got to disagree with you there. Hakuoki all the way! I liked the romances a lot more, and it's literally the one game that doesn't have any psycho yandere romances (out of all the ones I've played so far, I should clarify).

I would recommend Hakuoki if they were getting the PS3 version since it has the fandisc, which is short but adds a lot to the romance. But blond enemy dude is totally psycho.

Saphirax

I would recommend Hakuoki if they were getting the PS3 version since it has the fandisc, which is short but adds a lot to the romance. But blond enemy dude is totally psycho.

I wouldn't call Kazama a psycho. I'd rather call him a spoiled brat since that's how he acts.

jzbluz

Anyone planning on buying Blood Code? The art is nice and it's cheap, so I think I'll give it a try.

I wouldn't call Kazama a psycho. I'd rather call him a spoiled brat since that's how he acts.

I guess I have a different interpretation of the word psycho. I liked his route at first since it was the second one I played, but the other routes ruined the character for me.

Agreed but I'd also add when you romance an enemy you kind of know what you're getting yourself into, which is a whole different thing than romancing a dude who's been a sweetheart in other routes and then you're like "Oh boy I can't wait to date you :'D" and it turns out HE'S FUCKING NUTS AND YOU WILL HATE HIM FOREVER NOW. Also honestly Kazama isn't even that bad, I never even hated him as a villain--you're at war, he has reasons for doing what he does, as opposed to those crazy dudes who just hurt you because they're so damaged and if you just take all their abusive bullshit you can totes fix them. Just keep saying I love you and refusing to leave.

Re: blood code... art looks cute but I see stats so I'm out!

gaiages

Banned
Blood Code looks interesting, but I already allocated my 'VN Steam Sale Buy' to fault milestone 2 this go-round.

Since I seem to be playing a lot of otome games lately (what can I say, it's nice to play VNs during random downtimes and I keep playing the otomes in my collection), I've started up X-Note, and got a few endings. I like it! The art looks nice, the characters are pretty interesting (including the heroine), and the overarching plot is cool, too. Lots of intrigue and plot hooks to keep you interested. It's not terribly long either.

My only problem is that you *will* get most of the bad ends before hitting a good one, since some of the requirement flags are hard to guess. For example, to get on Oure's path, you have to find an item
in Yuon's office
, which really doesn't make sense
until later
. Thankfully... if you do get a bad end, the game will pop up the requirements you *do* need after the game over, so it's not hard to get back on the right track on replays. And the developer also has a guide on their site, which is also good, since the game's certainly not popular enough to have someone write one. :p

So, I'd recommend it. :D

(Also, its sequel, Area-X, just came out about a month ago)

EDIT: I know that example seems silly since it's in spoilers but I don't wanna ruin anything :(

Westraid

The whole month of January is #DatingSimonth, which is a community gaming event in which lots of people play a game that's fitting of the theme of that month.
While a lot of otome games fit more into the VN genre than the sim genre, any romance games will count. You can share your experience playing your game on social media, blogs and the like using #DatingSimonth.
Just thought that people might be interested in joining, it's also fun to see what games others chose and what they think of them.

There's an official blogpost by the creator, who is also a user here on Gaf, Apricot.
Blogpost with suggestions and how-to can be read here.

datingsimonth5usdv.png
I've joined in with Reine des Fleurs. Game has been collecting dust ever since I got it because I'm just so put off by the forty bad endings wtf.

Saphirax

The whole month of January is #DatingSimonth, which is a community gaming event in which lots of people play a game that's fitting of the theme of that month.
While a lot of otome games fit more into the VN genre than the sim genre, any romance games will count. You can share your experience playing your game on social media, blogs and the like using #DatingSimonth.
Just thought that people might be interested in joining, it's also fun to see what games others chose and what they think of them.

There's an official blogpost by the creator, who is also a user here on Gaf, Apricot.

I've joined in with Reine des Fleurs. Game has been collecting dust ever since I got it because I'm just so put off by the forty bad endings wtf.

Isn't it 50 bad endings? 10 for each character :D.

Kirie

Godspeed, Westraid. Which route are you going for first?

I'll be participating with Angelique Retour and Backstage Pass, since I just won a copy of it over twitter.

Westraid

Isn't it 50 bad endings? 10 for each character :D.
Oh god please no. ;_; I thought the amount of bad endings in Amnesia was too high already wtf.

Godspeed, Westraid. Which route are you going for first?

I'll be participating with Angelique Retour and Backstage Pass, since I just won a copy of it over twitter.
Thanks, I'll need it lol! I'm following the recommended route, so Leon → Ghislain → Orpheus → Louis → Hubert.

Also, really curious what you think of Angelique Retour! I really wanted to get that game but I have too many unfinished otome games so I decided to wait a bit.

Kirie

Yeah it's 40 bad endings. Some characters like Orpheus have 6, while others have more. Still can't believe I spent the time platinuming the stupid game, lol.

Oh god please no. ;_; I thought the amount of bad endings in Amnesia was too high already wtf.

Thanks, I'll need it lol! I'm following the recommended route, so Leon → Ghislain → Orpheus → Louis → Hubert.

Also, really curious what you think of Angelique Retour! I really wanted to get that game but I have too many unfinished otome games so I decided to wait a bit.

Orpheus was my personal favorite route of the game... I liked Leon as a character but disliked his route quite a bit with how his "best" end ended up x_x

Yeah I'll definitely post my impressions when I get around to finally playing it! Not even sure who I'm going to aim for first time around. First time playing an Angelique game so I'm expecting to be a bit confused and probably mess up horribly, lol

Just Ozmafia!!

Does that one count!? XD I haven't seen a real release date yet...

I'll guess I'll be finishing Norn9 for my Dating Sim Month participation. Not super psyched about it though :X maybe I'll struggle through Hakuouki Sweet School Life a bit more.

retrouvailles

Neo Member
I'm finally playing Sweet Fuse for dating sim month! I've only just begun the main route but I love the characters so far. I put it down to complete Persona 4 Dancing All Night first since I was almost done but I will begin playing it and sharing opinions soon!

gaiages

Banned
Oh, it's dating sim month? Hmm... I could play My Girlfriend is the President, finally >.>"

Or maybe Yo-Jin-Bo? I believe that has some romance to it? I can't remember off hand, though...

Or maybe even Loren the Amazon Princess. So many choices, and none of them are fault milestone two, woe is me ;)

I'll certainly play something, though. Just gotta decide which one.

EDIT: Oh, I also have School Days the backlog... I don't think I'll do that one right now... ._.;

Jazz573

Oh, it's dating sim month? Hmm... I could play My Girlfriend is the President, finally >.>"

Or maybe Yo-Jin-Bo? I believe that has some romance to it? I can't remember off hand, though...

Or maybe even Loren the Amazon Princess. So many choices, and none of them are fault milestone two, woe is me ;)

I'll certainly play something, though. Just gotta decide which one.

EDIT: Oh, I also have School Days the backlog... I don't think I'll do that one right now... ._.;

Every month is dating sim/VN month. :p

Kanashimi

Just a note if anyone wants to play the sequel to Men Of Yoshiwara, it's up on Rakuten. Someone told me that you can change the text to English, but I'm not sure if that's true and I'm unable to test it myself. You can find the English site here: http://www.d3p.co.jp/ohgiya/en/

I gotta admit I really love the cleaner art and the main protagonist looks lovely.

yQjrvQz.png

Also, one of my friends recently made a Taco Bell commercial involving Takao from the first game that I figured would be fun to share: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APJbFDINKfk That same friend also happened to buy the domain manwhores.net, but still debating if that's brilliant or not.

Will finally get a chance to play Code; Realize next week after the Consumer Electronic Show. I preordered it, but it's still in the wrapping. Kinda curious which guy to start off with honestly...

HGH

Banned
The game gives you ample time to introduce the setting and characters before you end up on someone's route so don't worry about having to pick a guy too early.

Kanashimi

The game gives you ample time to introduce the setting and characters before you end up on someone's route so don't worry about having to pick a guy too early.

Good to know, I know some games just start you off and you don't even have someone's name

ss-hikaru

Thanks to PSN sales I now have Amnesia and Code Realise! I've never played an otome game before, should I do the first play through blind and then use a guide? Should I always go for all the endings good and bad? I thought I wouldn't be bothered but I recently played Steins;Gate and replayed (thank god for skippable text) it for all the endings so I guess it's not as big a deal as I thought it would be :p

Shizuka

Thanks to PSN sales I now have Amnesia and Code Realise! I've never played an otome game before, should I do the first play through blind and then use a guide? Should I always go for all the endings good and bad? I thought I wouldn't be bothered but I recently played Steins;Gate and replayed (thank god for skippable text) it for all the endings so I guess it's not as big a deal as I thought it would be :p

Do a blind Code Realize run first. After that, you can use a guide to get all endings, good and bad. That's what's I usually do with all my otome games and it always work for me.

ss-hikaru

Do a blind Code Realize run first. After that, you can use a guide to get all endings, good and bad. That's what's I usually do with all my otome games and it always work for me.

Ok thank you!

There don't seem to be too many otome games on Vita. I only have Sweet Fuse and maybe Norn9 left to buy (not interested in Hatoful or Hakuoki).

I also just got Code:Realize when it was ~$20 on Amazon. :p
Only played a minute so far but I'm ready for a visual novel so it'll get time put into it. Got Sweet Fuse downloaded too now that I have a real Vita and not just the PSTV. Handheld VNs just feel better for me.

gaiages

Banned
Hatoful Boyfriend is just high school + birds at first, but it gets better plot wise. I was actually turned off by it at first, but it turns out really great.

I got through all the paths in X-Note, and man, that was pretty great. I recommend it. I'll write something much lengthier about it when I'm not running on fumes, essentially.

ss-hikaru

Hatoful Boyfriend is just high school + birds at first, but it gets better plot wise. I was actually turned off by it at first, but it turns out really great.

Is there a reason behind the whole bird thing or is it just a gimmick? If there's a reason that would probably provide enough incentive for me to play cos I can't think of any reason why you'd go with birds for an otome other than the lol factor :p

Just a note if anyone wants to play the sequel to Men Of Yoshiwara, it's up on Rakuten. Someone told me that you can change the text to English, but I'm not sure if that's true and I'm unable to test it myself. You can find the English site here: http://www.d3p.co.jp/ohgiya/en/

I gotta admit I really love the cleaner art and the main protagonist looks lovely.

yQjrvQz.png

Also, one of my friends recently made a Taco Bell commercial involving Takao from the first game that I figured would be fun to share: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APJbFDINKfk That same friend also happened to buy the domain manwhores.net, but still debating if that's brilliant or not.

Will finally get a chance to play Code; Realize next week after the Consumer Electronic Show. I preordered it, but it's still in the wrapping. Kinda curious which guy to start off with honestly...

The art is tempting me but reading reviews it seems that the translation is both terrible and the type itself is difficult to read. They say there's artifacting and shit :I I'm not sure

With Amnesia it's possible to get the same ending blind, since you go one route at a time. In that case, o through once blind for each route and then use a guide.

ss-hikaru

With Amnesia it's possible to get the same ending blind, since you go one route at a time. In that case, o through once blind for each route and then use a guide.

Oh ok, so if I'm understanding you correctly it's pretty obvious which route you are taking so you can get the main endings without a guide fairly easily? Sorry if it's a dumb question, I don't have much experience with visual novels in general, just Steins;Gate and damn was that one complex.

gaiages

Banned
Is there a reason behind the whole bird thing or is it just a gimmick? If there's a reason that would probably provide enough incentive for me to play cos I can't think of any reason why you'd go with birds for an otome other than the lol factor :p

Yes, there is :)

Oh ok, so if I'm understanding you correctly it's pretty obvious which route you are taking so you can get the main endings without a guide fairly easily? Sorry if it's a dumb question, I don't have much experience with visual novels in general, just Steins;Gate and damn was that one complex.

I found getting the good ends in Amnesia without a guide damn near impossible, because there are a *lot* of choices per path and it's hard to tell which choices are the correct ones. I would usually get the normal ends. Still, it's good to do at least one playthrough of one of the paths (or one playthrough for each path your choice) blind and see what's up. I'm not the patient type, so I usually use a guide after I hit one ending.

I recommend this guide.

EDIT: Oh, you also need the good ends of the first four paths to unlock the final path too so it's not like you can get by just seeing the normal ends, either. xp

Kirie

Won Backstage Pass a few days ago on twitter, so I've been playing it the last few days. Got the 4 main guys' romance routes done, and will do the secret routes after a break.

Onto the Royal Trap next though, since I've heard so many dissenting opinions on it and am eager to see what it's like for myself :p

Is anyone looking forward to any specific indie otomes coming out this year? I'm always on the lookout for more. I'm personally looking forward to 7KPP (the art isn't great and hard to look past but the writing is realllllly good. So many choices you can make. I've put more time into its demo than I would like to admit) Spirit Parade and Because We're Here. All 3 have demos that I really enjoyed, so I'm looking forward to their full releases. :D

apricot

Yayy thanks for the mention! I would love to see more folks participate! Though every month is a month for otome games imo XD

Also, I didn't know there was an official otome community thread! That's great! I'll have a reason to check GAF more often heh

ss-hikaru

Yes, there is :)

I found getting the good ends in Amnesia without a guide damn near impossible, because there are a *lot* of choices per path and it's hard to tell which choices are the correct ones. I would usually get the normal ends. Still, it's good to do at least one playthrough of one of the paths (or one playthrough for each path your choice) blind and see what's up. I'm not the patient type, so I usually use a guide after I hit one ending.

I recommend this guide.

EDIT: Oh, you also need the good ends of the first four paths to unlock the final path too so it's not like you can get by just seeing the normal ends, either. xp

Ok time to wait for another PSN sale to grab Hatoful :p You guys have done a good job persuading me haha!

Thanks for the guide link, I will definitely use it. I think I'll play Amnesia before Code.

NSSR

Neo Member
I saw some folks posting earlier in this thread about Geten no Hana, and decided to give it a whirl since the character artwork really appealed to me.

Thank you to these awesome folks ;_; I'm addicted to this game! Love all the battle husbandos, and the routes/music/voicing are great.

Can anyone recommend if there are similar otomes out there, in terms of military/history/darker themes (western, eastern, all is good!) or more "mature" styled character artwork? Or, has anyone played any of the other Ruby Party series and can give their opinion if it's fun, worth checking out after GnH, etc? Thanks in advance =)

Westraid

Ok RdF update. Didn't get as far as I had hoped since work is pretty busy and sometimes the game pisses me off so badly I have to put it away for a while, but here goes:

The lore/setting itself, or the way it is presented, or maybe just both, I don't really like it.
The Ravir system, while 'ravir' being French for delight, I find it a hassle. At times the topics seem just pointless. I'd have preferred the standard system.
Can't say much about the 40 bad endings yet except that I find it a ridiculous amount.

Music is okay. Some tunes are nice, some don't really do anything for me.
Norn9 still has the best soundtrack imho.

I'm in love with the art. This game is gorgeous, and by far the most beautiful I have ever played. From the background to the cgs and the sprites, it's all absolutely stunning. I keep making screenshots of everything to gawk at later.
I play on a chubby Vita so with the OLED screen the colours are even more vivid than depicted here.

Also really liking Leon's character. Often, the posterboys are tsundere and personally I don't care for them, so Leon being a big sweetheart pretty much insta-promoted him to my #1 otoge posterboy.
If he stays this way and doesn't conjure up a cage he may well become a favourite.

Overall I'm still bummed. I remember when I read about the game first I was so enthusiastic about it. It's the only otome game I blindly pre-ordered without fence-sitting and waiting for reviews because I wanted it so badly.
Eventually, I heard so many bad things about it while I had really high hopes and expectations, so I didn't even play it until now.
I'm still desperately trying to love it because I want it to live up to what I hoped it would be, but honestly I don't think it'll happen. :(

tl;dr

Things I like about Reine des Fleurs:
-The art
-Leon
Things I dislike about Reine des Fleurs:
-Everything else

QaaQer

I just platinumed Code: Realize, my first Otome. I was a little worried because the male equivalent of otome games that I've played have been terrible and it was $40. But holy cats C:R was fantastic. I loved the way
all the crazy paths intertwined in the finale.
Are there any others that are as good/insane?

Kirie

I saw some folks posting earlier in this thread about Geten no Hana, and decided to give it a whirl since the character artwork really appealed to me.

Thank you to these awesome folks ;_; I'm addicted to this game! Love all the battle husbandos, and the routes/music/voicing are great.

Can anyone recommend if there are similar otomes out there, in terms of military/history/darker themes (western, eastern, all is good!) or more "mature" styled character artwork? Or, has anyone played any of the other Ruby Party series and can give their opinion if it's fun, worth checking out after GnH, etc? Thanks in advance =)

Ahhh I'm so glad someone got something out of my rambling on Geten no Hana ;~; so happy you enjoyed it!

Have you played the fandisc for it? It's also really good! Called 下天の華 夢灯り.

Honestly I've loved every single Ruby Party game I've played. Some of them have aged quite a bit (especially Haruka 3) but I would also recommend any of them! I've personally played Haruka 3/4/5/6, but 1 is also quite loved (and has an anime adaptation as well). They have RPG mechanics though and it's harder to trigger some of the events in the older ones, so beware on that if you get any of them. Might have to resort to using guides. You could try out Haruka 6 though! It's the newest entry and very good, though I don't think it's as good as GnH though personally.

Another one that isn't from Ruby Party, but also historical and one of my favorites is Ken ga Kimi - http://rejetweb.jp/kengakimi/. Don't let the company Rejet scare you away (they're mostly known for Diabolik Lovers but there's some other games by them that are really good) the game is super good! The art and music are just amazing, and Kayo kicks a lot of ass.

If you have any questions feel free to ask! :D

@Westraid - Your whole entire experience mimics mine and it makes me so sad to read about other people having those same feelings and expectations for the game as I did lol. I was so damn hyped for the game, but I guess when it had that giant delay I should have maybe realized that something was up. Live and learn I guess ;~; You've done Leon's route so far, have you tried any of the others yet?

NSSR

Neo Member
Ahhh I'm so glad someone got something out of my rambling on Geten no Hana ;~; so happy you enjoyed it!

Have you played the fandisc for it? It's also really good! Called 下天の華 夢灯り.

Honestly I've loved every single Ruby Party game I've played. Some of them have aged quite a bit (especially Haruka 3) but I would also recommend any of them! I've personally played Haruka 3/4/5/6, but 1 is also quite loved (and has an anime adaptation as well). They have RPG mechanics though and it's harder to trigger some of the events in the older ones, so beware on that if you get any of them. Might have to resort to using guides. You could try out Haruka 6 though! It's the newest entry and very good, though I don't think it's as good as GnH though personally.

Another one that isn't from Ruby Party, but also historical and one of my favorites is Ken ga Kimi - http://rejetweb.jp/kengakimi/. Don't let the company Rejet scare you away (they're mostly known for Diabolik Lovers but there's some other games by them that are really good) the game is super good! The art and music are just amazing, and Kayo kicks a lot of ass.

If you have any questions feel free to ask! :D

Yasss, was it you? Thank you for introducing me, this otoge was entirely up my alley!! I have Yumeakari and am looking forward to playing it, just need to beat Ieyasu's route to complete the 1st game =D I was really surprised that I enjoyed every single route thus far, even characters I thought I wouldn't like (cough Oda bros). The dialogue and events were charming and well written! And the awesome art/voice acting didn't hurt 8D Did you have any personal favorite routes?

The Harukanaru series did catch my interest as I was researching, so thanks for the tips and recommendations! I think I'll start with the latest (6) to get my feet wet. And oh man Ken ga Kimi looks definitely aligned to my interests, so again, many thanks! I may have to play that immediately after Yumeakari...

BLESS THIS THREAD. I have so many new titles on my watch-list this year thanks to everyone's posts. Excited about Hyakka Hyakurou, Kenka Bancho Otome and Collar x Malice, and curious about Bara ni Kakusareshi Verite and Wand of Fortune though they're not types of otoges I typically play haha.

gaiages

Banned
I just platinumed Code: Realize, my first Otome. I was a little worried because the male equivalent of otome games that I've played have been terrible and it was $40. But holy cats C:R was fantastic. I loved the way
all the crazy paths intertwined in the finale.
Are there any others that are as good/insane?

I'm not *quite* sure since I haven't played it, but you might wanna look into Sweet Fuse. It's for the PSP, but digitally you buy it on Vita too. I think someone that's played more otomes in general might be able to think of one that's a bit closer to C:R though (and I'm pretty curious as well)

--

Alrighty, so I'm gonna talk about X-Note now. It's a pretty darn good game, though it has some weird quirks to it. First off, there are only three character paths, but there are nine endings... so there's six bad ends, three generic bad ends and one bad end for each character. I feel like 2/3s of the endings being bad ends is a little excessive, but the way that the game does it makes me feel just a tad better. Every time you get a bad end, the game pops up a screen telling you what you need to do to not get the bad ending again. It's quite helpful if you're not using a guide (what I did the first playthrough), and all endings requirements are set right at the end of a chapter, which almost always ends on the same days, so planning stuff out gets pretty easy once you know that. Then again, the developer himself wrote a guide for the game (thank goodness cuz it wasn't popular enough for anyone else to write one), so I mainly used that to manipulate the good and bad character ends.

So, like, the character paths are pretty good! Basically the plot of X-Note is that you're Essi, a girl with psychic powers that has come to the Xen Institute to investigate the mysterious murder of the school's previous principal. She's hoping that by doing so, she'll find out why her own mother was killed years ago, and unlock the X-Note file her mother left behind, and find the answers within.

So yeah, pretty cool plot, and depending on the character path you take, you get a different side of the story. And thankfully, each of the three characters is integral to the plot (though it might seem that only Yuon's important at first), so there aren't any fluff paths... not like I would expect fluff in a game with only three eligible bachelors, but hey.

Out of the character paths, I surprised myself and liked Anon's path the most. I thought I was gonna be meh towards it because Anon seemed overly silly and his name is Anon for Christ's sake, but then I remembered the cardinal rule of such characters:
If they aren't just there for comic relief, then shit's gonna get real dark at some point
, and his path did not fail on that respect, although if you're not as dense as I am it should be easy to guess his path's little plot twist. But it was really good, because it really ties up all the other questions you have left over from the other two storylines (and in a 999 style twist, you have to complete Yuon's path to get a password to unlock a safe in Anon's path). I also really liked his good ending too, but that's because I'm one that like seeing
someone that goes though terrible, scarring, traumatizing shit get to be genuinely, truly happy
and stuff like that really pulls at the heartstrings.

The other two paths were good too, though I was a little disappointed in Yuon's good end, because I expected for
Oure to live but he apparently didn't, and that kinda soured me on the ending
. But, that's a result of me not doing Yuon's path first and having the wrong idea from Oure's path.

I could go on for a while about more detailed stuff from the game, but I doubt many have played it, so I won't go off on a tirade about certain non-main characters and stuff.

Oh, and there's actually not too much actual romance in it. There's feelings and stuff implied, but little is flat out said and there's no kissing or fanservice or anything.

Art wise, it mostly looks pretty good. I thought some of the CGs looked weird (a lot of the close-ups look sorta off?), but overall I liked the art. Only one I was upset about were the 'extra' CGs that you get by maxing out Essi's stats... they just looked bad. All that work for bad CGs is :( (but there's a tiny bit more plot too so it's not too bad).

...So yeah, I'd say it's worth playing. :D

Shizuka

I think Sweet Fuse is the closest to Code: Realize, with Norn9 coming after that. Hakuoki is too historical, not quite for the audience that liked C:R as their first otome.

Kirie

Yasss, was it you? Thank you for introducing me, this otoge was entirely up my alley!! I have Yumeakari and am looking forward to playing it, just need to beat Ieyasu's route to complete the 1st game =D I was really surprised that I enjoyed every single route thus far, even characters I thought I wouldn't like (cough Oda bros). The dialogue and events were charming and well written! And the awesome art/voice acting didn't hurt 8D Did you have any personal favorite routes?

The Harukanaru series did catch my interest as I was researching, so thanks for the tips and recommendations! I think I'll start with the latest (6) to get my feet wet. And oh man Ken ga Kimi looks definitely aligned to my interests, so again, many thanks! I may have to play that immediately after Yumeakari...

BLESS THIS THREAD. I have so many new titles on my watch-list this year thanks to everyone's posts. Excited about Hyakka Hyakurou, Kenka Bancho Otome and Collar x Malice, and curious about Bara ni Kakusareshi Verite and Wand of Fortune though they're not types of otoges I typically play haha.

You're so welcome! <3 Oh man I thought I was going to absolutely hate Nobunaga going into it and love Nobuyuki, but they did a complete reversal once I finally played it. Though I'm the same in that I love all the routes, Nobuyuki is probably last place on there if I had to choose.

Mitsuhide is my top husbando though in GnH. I love everything about his character, lol. Favorite scene with him was when he was sick and Oito comes walking in on the both of them and Hotaru has to quickly make an excuse as to what she's doing xD Really enjoyed the ending of his Yumeakari path too!

Ieyasu is another I really enjoyed, because he's so freaking adorable but simultaneously badass at the same time. Not sure how far you are yet so I don't want to say anything until you've finished but I really loved how it ended. I loved his friendship with Nobunaga because of how completely different they are. Speaking of, Nobunaga completely surprised me, as I thought he was just going to be way different than he actually ended up. I thought he was going to be more of a jerk, but he was way more easy-going, considerate and easily amused than I anticipated. I especially love when he teases Hotaru though xD The scene where he kicks Ran out of the room because he wants her to spend the night with him made me laugh pretty hard. Ran was so damn flustered, lol

So those 3 are my favorites :D Still enjoyed the rest of them though!

If you do end up getting Haruka 6, I'm just going to recommend that you probably shouldn't start with Darius' route, for some various reasons. Rest are totally fair game though. My particular favorite in that one is Rudo (though I like Darius for reasons even I can't explain, must be because he's stupidly hot and Kenichi Suzumura's sexy voice) which is strange because I don't like Rudo much on other routes, but on his route he's damn adorable. Also not usually into the younger characters, but he's the mature type, so I guess w/e lol.

For Ken ga Kimi I absolutely ADORE Saneaki. His character is so good ;~; I really hope you enjoy this game though, as I loved it so much my parents bought me the Vita version for Christmas (already owned the PC version)

Unfortunately the language in it is super hard for me (I'm still pretty bad with Japanese, always learning though!) so a lot of the kanji and terms flew over my head. Had to resort to some character summaries to figure out some of the finer details on some of the things that I missed. Still enjoyed it a ton though and wish they would localize it, as I think it's a game a lot of people would enjoy.

Anyways, sorry for the rambles, but I'm super excited to see what you think of the rest of the games when you get around to them! :D

@Gaiages - Oh that sounds super intriguing, thanks for the detailed write up! Hmm. Might have to put that on my wish list for the next steam sale, since I still have so much left to play in the meantime. How long did it take you to beat it?

gaiages

Banned
@Gaiages - Oh that sounds super intriguing, thanks for the detailed write up! Hmm. Might have to put that on my wish list for the next steam sale, since I still have so much left to play in the meantime. How long did it take you to beat it?

A little over six hours for all the endings. Might take an hour or so longer if you're adamant on not using a guide, since Oure and Anon have weird flags that aren't obvious at points to trigger their paths. Each path probably took 1.5 hours to read though? My reading speed is average :)

Westraid

@Westraid - Your whole entire experience mimics mine and it makes me so sad to read about other people having those same feelings and expectations for the game as I did lol. I was so damn hyped for the game, but I guess when it had that giant delay I should have maybe realized that something was up. Live and learn I guess ;~; You've done Leon's route so far, have you tried any of the others yet?
Got a bad ending for Leon. :(
I actually thought I was on the right track too lol. I'll play his route again and hopefully get a good ending, and then move on to Ghislain.
Hope the routes are enjoyable, Leon set the kinda bar high since he was so likeable.

Did you start Angelique Retour yet? I really hope it's good, sure looked like it but I've learned from past mistakes lmao.

apricot

Really seems like they figured amazing art would be enough to pull Reine des Fleurs ;_;
it is really amazing....

Top Bottom