• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Otome Community Thread: Happiness isn't a limited commodity, my love is boundless!

has NISA outright said they didn't care to localize UtaPri if given the chance?

I imagine the main problem is that so far the only UtaPri game out on the Vita is the (third) rhythm game and the port of the first game is only going to come out in Japan in Jan 2017

maybe getting closer to release or after it's been out in Japan?

Best we've gotten is this on their forums:

http://nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=16484&start=15#p883878

I can't respond to it for the company, but personally, I would love to see Uta no Prince-sama over here. It could very well be another successful Western franchise for us. Without saying too much about the internal workings of the company, I can say that a lot of the discussion about whether or not we bring a game over is about available resources. Much of the time, we don't want to pass up a localization opportunity, we just don't have what we need at the time to get it done, and get it done with quality. We've gotta catch lightning in a bottle sometimes. But it's on our radar, that's for sure!

So maybe you're right, maybe Repeat will be the game they take a gamble on.

jzbluz

I just don't think Aksys has enough resources to translate more than 4 otome games in one year, so maybe IFI can do Psychedelica if people bug them enough? I was hoping that XSEED would license one, especially after they got so close with English Detective Mysyeria, but they're barely translating their own Vita titles these days.

5pb and Kadokawa also have otome games, and they seem interested in getting their VNs licensed.

Best we've gotten is this on their forums:

http://nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=16484&start=15#p883878

So maybe you're right, maybe Repeat will be the game they take a gamble on.
Their response was way more negative a few years back so the fact that they even responded, and so positively too, gives me hope.

eefara

Mystic Messenger is set to release on iOS between the 16th and the 18th! All those who register on iOS during that period will receive a free 850 hourglasses!

Shizuka

I feel like this is the theme of the thread, lol

Sweet-Fuse-At-Your-Side-Count-Hogstein.jpeg

eefara

Omg perfect!! :D

I don't recall how long the actual period is for the free 850 hourglasses, but it's probably not long, so I wouldn't dally with downloading the game/creating an account, even if you can't play it immediately. I'll post again here when I hear it releases.

Shizuka

Do I need to download it now? Do I need to download when it's released to get the bonus? How long is the bonus period?

Mystic Messenger is set to release on iOS between the 16th and the 18th! All those who register on iOS during that period will receive a free 850 hourglasses!

Looks like it's already out on android? If they did a similar promo for android and I missed it I'm going to kick myself.

eefara

Do I need to download it now? Do I need to download when it's released to get the bonus? How long is the bonus period?

The bonus here is specifically for the iOS version, which, to my knowledge, hasn't yet released. If you're aiming for the iOS version, you'll need to download the game and create an account to claim the bonus. I'm not sure how long the bonus period is; I'll go double-check to see if Cheritz mentioned the timeframe.

Looks like it's already out on android? If they did a similar promo for android and I missed it I'm going to kick myself.

Android did have a similar bonus, yes, but that period is long gone. :(

Edit: Okay, the 850 bonus hourglass period lasts until three days after the iOS release.

Also, the current Android update will give 50 free hourglasses as an apology for server issues, I believe, and all future updates will give 10 hourglasses. (Not sure of this extends to iOS or not.) Note that in order to claim a bonus, you have to download the update and log in before the next update (if there are any, which I'm sure there will be) rolls out. Android bonuses don't accumulate, so once they're gone, they're gone.

Shizuka

Can you let us know when the iOS version is up? I'm interested in the game and would like to play it with the bonus.

I don't recall how long the actual period is for the free 850 hourglasses, but it's probably not long, so I wouldn't dally with downloading the game/creating an account, even if you can't play it immediately. I'll post again here when I hear it releases.

Trust me I'm waiting by the phone for it to go up on the iOS store 😝 No dallying here

jzbluz

Marvelous/Kadokawa/Otomate are doing a collaboration on a mobile game. I wanted Marvelous to do an otome game, but not like this. It's mostly pointless to me for them to do one now anyway.

Anyway, some Otomate party thing highlight:
-NinKoi FD
-CR FD release date
-Klap FD
-Nil Admirari anime and sequel

Saphirax

Variable Barricade (lol what a name) seems pretty rad. Looking forward to hearing more on that one!

Hahaha. I love the trailer for Variable Barricade.

'Would you like to marry me?'

'NO THANK YOU'

:,D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4NSUL8h7Uo

I don't think platforms for the game have been announced have they?

Shame the collab one is a mobile game - it actually looks quite nice.

When's the release date for CR FD?

Also, the rest of the announcements/trailers:

http://www.otomate.jp/event/party/newtitle/

Saphirax

I'm not interested in anything yet.

Wow, VNDB gets updated really fast. I forgot to check there, even though I was just using it last night.

Yeah, always surprised how fast people are.

Anyway - this is everything from the Otome party (I think):

Otome party 2016:

Ikemen Sengoku Toki wo kakeru Koi Aratanaru Deai (Vita)

26917.jpg

Osomatsu-san THE GAME (Vita)

KLAP!! ~Kind Love And Punish~ FD (Vita)

Shinku no Homura Sanada Shinobi
30148.jpg

Shinobi, Koi Utsutsu - Setsugekka Koi Emaki - FD

Sengoku Night Blood (Mobile)

Chouchou no Jiken (Vita)
30146.jpg

Nil Admirari no Tenbin Teito Genwaku Kitan 2 (Vita)
30147.jpg

Variable Barricade

And C:R FD release date of course.

Edit: Variable Barricade and Shinku look interesting :eek:.

Tyaren

There need to be more images in here. Not really interested that much in the games themselves, but I usually really like the art. Yone Kazuki... *sighs*

tumblr_o2mvwpQO8H1qkonr7o1_1280.jpg

4737069_orig.jpg

Quillbell

Neo Member
Ooooh what's this one from? *_*
Looks like Kamigami no Asobi to me.

EDIT: question that occurred to me--

How do you y'all feel about affection meters and affection up animations that let you know that was the "right" answer? Are they helpful? Distracting and too game-y? Depends on the game?

Also do you prefer a choice to be fairly clearly pointing towards a boy (ex: spend time with Harada) or sort of vague and you have to just see what it does (ex: walk down the hallway, where you will encounter Harada)
I know this was asked a while ago, but it's an interesting question.

Personally, I'm not wild about "success" animations, but I do like some sort of feedback on how my choice played with the person I'm pursuing. I think Code Realize did the choices really well because they weren't just a way of getting you onto a guy's path. They also gave you more character development (the different training scenes), or showed you how the guy reacted differently to different answers, or determined some of Cardia's characterization (the choice to come forward vs hang back during Van's intro chapter, for example).

One choice style I really like is choices that allow you to do some roleplaying. This doesn't happen super often in Japanese Otome games (though Code Realize does do it a bit) because the protagonist is usually pretty set in stone. But a good number of the OELVNs I've played have played with this.

Author Sonnet009's games Rei and Aloners do this super well. There are certain answers that lead you to different endings but the majority of them are just there so you can better define your character. And your love interest reacts to your protagonist's personality accordingly. It's like a hybrid of a VN and a Bioware-style RPG. I highly recommend both games.

Saphirax

How was the japanese reception for 7'scarlet?

If they just put a little more time into this game I think it would have really been one of the best games I’ve played this year. I really enjoyed the overall plot, that scary summer inaka feeling, and the mystery solving portion. If they just put a bit more into the routes, especially Hanate, it could have been so much greater than it was.

I don't think a lot of people bothered with it, which is a shame. Looks decent.

Here's the full review (spoilers ahoy!):
https://breadmasterlee.com/2016/08/07/otome-game-review-7scarlet/

Saphirax

I hope Aksys isn't the only one localizing Otomate's games moving forward. Idea Factory International should do more otome titles, while also licensing them to other publishers like Mangagamer or Sekai Project.

Mangagamer would just port everything to Steam while ignoring the Vita :(. IFI seems like they'd take awhile, so who knows if they'll do another otome game.

Shizuka

Mangagamer would just port everything to Steam while ignoring the Vita :(. IFI seems like they'd take awhile, so who knows if they'll do another otome game.

As long as I get to play it somehow, I'm not against some of these getting released on Steam.

I don't think a lot of people bothered with it, which is a shame. Looks decent.

Here's the full review (spoilers ahoy!):
https://breadmasterlee.com/2016/08/07/otome-game-review-7scarlet/

Sounds like another one I'd play. Uff. I'd imagine it's getting skipped since Aksys already announced not-yet-out Otomate titles.

I hope Aksys isn't the only one localizing Otomate's games moving forward. Idea Factory International should do more otome titles, while also licensing them to other publishers like Mangagamer or Sekai Project.

Can't see anyone else doing it. Hell, Aksys might not be doing it after next year depending how alive Vita is. IFI have the capacity especially since they've pretty much finally burnt through their backlog and caught up to date, but I doubt it.

Saphirax

I just read the whole thing and I can't stop laughing; the image quality, the last line, the fact that there are two Cinderellas...

I didn't even realise I was in the Otome club until I looked at how much I've posted in this thread over the last few pages.

Code;Realize should arrive soon. Can't wait to get started.

Top Bottom