• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Over 60 dead after protest in Kashmir

Status
Not open for further replies.

YaGaMi

This post gave me a good chuckle. It's amazing to sometimes see the narrative from the other side of border. Painting India like it is some saint and savior of minorities.

I must say, the part about India being a savior for East Pakistan was a good touch.

So how what is your narrative of Pakistans treatment of people in what is now Bangladesh?

From the other side of the border? Do you live in the US because I am from Canada bro. India is horrendous to minorities, especially Dalits and untouchables, they committed genocide against the Sikhs in 84 and hindu nationalism is at an all time high. But read up on the Indian-Pakistani war of 1971 without nationalist Pakistani goggles. Read up on it from the accounts of Bengali muslims in East Pakistsn being killed and oppressed. This is something I've seen a lot of Pakistanis struggle with. Without Indian military support, Bangladesh wouldn't be a free amd sovereign country right now. Comparing India and Pakistan as equals is akin to thinking North Korea and South Korea are the same. Modern India is far cry from modern Pakistan.
Lets not get silly here by drawing such idiotic comparisons. I hope you know fully well the situation of North Korea because otherwise you wouldn't be making this comparison.

You are agreeing that Hindu Nationalism is all time high now but then talking about history when it comes to Pakistan. You are just coming off as someone who is trying to avoid the topic.

So how what is your narrative of Pakistans treatment of people in what is now Bangladesh?
I am fully aware of what happened with the people of Bangladesh, and I have never said it was not the fault of the ruling party in Pakistan at that time, but there were 'external forces' that also played a major role in this separation. But this isn't really the thread for it. Leave it to Kashmir and its current issue.

YaGaMi

I am fully aware of what happened with the people of Bangladesh, and I have never said it was not the fault of the ruling party in Pakistan at that time, but there were 'external forces' that also played a major role in this separation. But this isn't really the thread for it. Leave it to Kashmir and its current issue.

You're right it's not the thread for it. So lets leave out the chuckling.

Of course, but Pakistan was solely founded on the idea that Muslims should have their own country and is called the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Pakistan has ethnically cleansed every non-Muslim from the country either through force, death or conversion. Even just a few years ago therw were cases beheading Sikhs in some parts where a few small religious minorities remain.

India committed genocide against the Sikhs in 84 but in 2016 is a plurality of religions including Hindus, Jains, Sikhs, Buddhists, Christians and just a few weeks ago, Judaism was given protected status.

Kashmir's hindu population was driven away, any attempts for non-Muslims to reside there are met with riots and force. The person who was killed that started these riots was a rebel leader and/or terrorist who died fighting troops. Often times these rebels are funded by Pakistan to act as a proxy. Pakistan also committed genocide against Bengali muslims in the 1970's in East Pakistan which lead to the civil war and 1971 Indo-Pak war which culminated with India defeating West Pakistan, liberating East Pakistan which became Bangladesh. India had taken control of all of Kashmir at that time but gave Pakistans portion back. Pakistan to this day ignores its own atrocities including training and funding terrorists like the Mumbai attackers, housing Bin Laden near their most prestigious military academy, and training rebels to fight in Indian occupied Kashmir. Hindu nationalism is rising sure, but surely any objective person can see the differences here. The death toll is rising because you have radicalized muslim Kashmiri youth who for some reason want to join with Pakistan in an increased Islamic union free of other religions, and keep fighting against troops and police despite there being curfews and essentially a lockdown.

The chinese also foment this by developing in Pakistan occupied Kashmir and providing supplies and arms which make their way to Indian occupied Kashmir. But when someone sails through the South China Sea or mentions Taiwan or Tibet they blather on about sovereignty.

The post you're talking about said absolutely nothing about Pakistan, so who is it you're talking to here?

You don't need to support Pakistan to think India's actions in Kashmir should be criticized

It's even easier in today's geo political environment

Both India and Pakistan have a good amount of shit on them

Yup yup yup

Ishan

I got no sympathy. First you cleanse your area of all Hindus, then start terrorism, then claim victimhood when the forces arrive.
This particular case- a terrorist was killed, simple as that. If people come with stones every Friday after prayers and attack the security forces, some are going to die! What was India supposed to do? Not kill the terrorist?
India has given enough area to Muslim majorities to go and live. It cant be a never-ending cycle.

This is utter bs

Impressive damage control on behalf of the Indian government/military.

Do you work for them? Were these 2000+ casualties actual terrorists or responsible for ethnic cleansing?

My dad was pretty high up in Indian intelligence for counter terrorism and I've discussed terrorism with him and cause of discussions with him and keeping an open mind like him I know that previous post is crap.
(Not yours the other one I quoted)

Having said that hizbul mujaheddin is a terror org and I'm glad we knocked their leader off . I am however saddened that live ammunition was used against civilians with stones . If that's what happen it's a wrong reaction by the Indian forces . I'll have to read more on this before I can comment more tho . Dunno how curfews are implemented how strict etc. Any sign of armed militants within civilians etc

Also Kashmir is not ethnic cleansing the Indian military is trigger happy there it's not some targeted cleansing . That entire area is like Israel Palestine was worse was getting better but seems regressed again .

Prior to al Qaeda Islamist radicals focussed on Israel and Kashmir .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom