• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Shot up 300SR in just 3 days. Not bad. Good game tonight guys!

Yeah good stuff. Wanted to get you to plat but that last game was a mess.

Having some decent luck again tonight.

Last few games with Deicide I've been leading and positioning our whole team while playing as Soldier and it's been going pretty good haha

Owzers

Saw the stylosa vid on comp being depressing, and yuppppp. Six stacks might be too hard but I'm so sick of randoms. Maybe five stacks comp and six stacks quick play? I don't think PS4 Gaf even has five people on most nights though for comp :p four stack and the shimada brothers? A widow who messages another random who said they only had 37 minutes on widow that they are throwing and then throws?

Yeah good stuff. Wanted to get you to plat but that last game was a mess.

Having some decent luck again tonight.

Last few games with Deicide I've been leading and positioning our whole team while playing as Soldier and it's been going pretty good haha

Yeah we had mostly good games all nite, if only I didn't go second healer we might have won that horizon match lulz.

GG's guts, nice playin with you.

Saw the stylosa vid on comp being depressing, and yuppppp. Six stacks might be too hard but I'm so sick of randoms. Maybe five stacks comp and six stacks quick play? I don't think PS4 Gaf even has five people on most nights though for comp :p

I think we do but you and Lik are way higher SR than the rest of us.

Batman is not coming back.

D:

Saw the stylosa vid on comp being depressing, and yuppppp. Six stacks might be too hard but I'm so sick of randoms. Maybe five stacks comp and six stacks quick play? I don't think PS4 Gaf even has five people on most nights though for comp :p four stack and the shimada brothers? A widow who messages another random who said they only had 37 minutes on widow that they are throwing and then throws?

I'm fine with anything, rather have a full stack than a duo or trio. Our recent 4-stacks were pretty good (8-0) but you never know with two randoms.

leng jai

Mercy's res really needs a longer charge up time between use. It seems like it goes off every 3 minutes half the time, ridiculous.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Tracers who underestimate Orisa are so much fun to mess with. If you shield dance a bit and wait 3 seconds before firing it's trivially easy to catch her out of Recall with your Halt.

And then after they respawn they invariably come back to stick you with Pulse Bomb, forgetting that Orisa can just tank through it with Fortify and catch her out of Recall again.

exYle

If they can change the trophy for her, I'd be happy if they reworked Mercy's ult to only res 1 ally at a time, but greatly speed up her ult charge rate.

LiK

D:

I'm fine with anything, rather have a full stack than a duo or trio. Our recent 4-stacks were pretty good (8-0) but you never know with two randoms.

4 stack works cuz we still matched against solo q people. 5-6 would just be against other full stacks aka a pain in the ass.

Yesterday I survived my first ever match without dying even once. In fact, I have never seen a team of randoms perform so well at defend and capture.
But it was also the same time nobody ever picked the obvious DPS choices. We had two healers, a tank, and defenders. No genjis, hanzos, widows or sombras. And suddenly it was the easiest match ever with everybody grouping together and no lone wolf behaviours.

I really wish most matches would be like this instead of the usual full DPS crap. The dilemma than even if I sacrifice my K/D ratio by being a healer, still nobody will tank and we are stuck in the same no-win situation.

I think I may be the worst Winston player ever. Like half of my deaths will come from poorly aimed jumps that end on cliffs. But even like that, I can't seem to get the character to work. Both the barrier and jump take forever to reload, so after removing a flanker, it's really hard to get back to safety, with a mediocre damage that guarantees you won't be able to kill the next guy in time before the jump recharges.

Yager

Banned
Three wins in a row

POTG in each as D.VA

Am I a D.VA main now? Lol

You play on Xbox, right? Pass me your GT and I'll add. I usually play with Legacy.

4-2 yesterday, not bad, but those 2 games could've been a win if it wasn't because some guys instalocked DPS and couldn't kill anything. In Oasis we were 0-2 down, me and my friend say "fuck it" and change to DPS. We won that round and the next one. 2-2 and suddenly the guy who was playing DVA switches to Genji and does absolutely nothing. 2-3 in the end.

I don't get why some people switch when you are winning with the comp you have (and we were going to make one of those epic comebacks).

Incase you guys didnt know 2017 World Cup Groups start Friday so if no one can be bothered making a fancy one ill just post a simple thread on the day

LiK

You play on Xbox, right? Pass me your GT and I'll add. I usually play with Legacy.

4-2 yesterday, not bad, but those 2 games could've been a win if it wasn't because some guys instalocked DPS and couldn't kill anything. In Oasis we were 0-2 down, me and my friend say "fuck it" and change to DPS. We won that round and the next one. 2-2 and suddenly the guy who was playing DVA switches to Genji and does absolutely nothing. 2-3 in the end.

I don't get why some people switch when you are winning with the comp you have (and we were going to make one of those epic comebacks).

If you're winning and they switch midmatch then I can understand your confusion. But some players do better in Attack or Defense with certain heroes so they switch then which I can relate to.

I have a question about Zen. He's my most used character, but I was wondering, in the terrible for me situation that I'm the only healer, who should I prioritise with my healing orb?

Normally I just leave it on a tank, preferably a Reinhardt, and then stay behind his shield and throw it to other teammates from there when necessary, while the Ana/Lucio/Mercy heals the ones going on the attack. Maybe I'll put it on a player who is really good, to give them some healing/discords to back them up.

But then I'll get paired with an attack team with something like Genji, Tracer, Mei, Roadhog, and Widowmaker, and I'm just not sure who I should heal in situations like those. The Genji will obviously be jumping miles ahead while spamming "I need healing" , Tracer can recall HP, Mei can heal with her barrier, Roadhog can heal, and the Widowmaker will usually be miles behind the team spamming their grappling hook trying desperately to get a drop shot kill.

Jellie

I have a question about Zen. He's my most used character, but I was wondering, in the terrible for me situation that I'm the only healer, who should I prioritise with my healing orb?

Normally I just leave it on a tank, preferably a Reinhardt, and then stay behind his shield and throw it to other teammates from there when necessary, while the Ana/Lucio/Mercy heals the ones going on the attack. Maybe I'll put it on a player who is really good, to give them some healing/discords to back them up.

But then I'll get paired with an attack team with something like Genji, Tracer, Mei, Roadhog, and Widowmaker, and I'm just not sure who I should heal in situations like those. The Genji will obviously be jumping miles ahead while spamming "I need healing" , Tracer can recall HP, Mei can heal with her barrier, Roadhog can heal, and the Widowmaker will usually be miles behind the team spamming their grappling hook trying desperately to get a drop shot kill.
Don't solo heal with zen. He can't heal enough so swap in that situation. Your orb depends on comp. Say you have an Ana she can heal tanks easily while you heal mobile heroes. In the example you gave put it on genji tho. You want to put it in whoever will be getting in the enemies face like a Winston or genji to give them more survivability. If you see somebody in a 1v1 healing orb them and discord their opponent for easy kill.

LiK

Solo heal as Zen is tough. He's not meant to be the main healer. But if you're stuck being the solo healer, you want to just heal whoever is on the front lines in a team fight. Send healing orbs to any other guys to cap them off during downtimes but keep a Healing orb active on someone who's engaging the enemies. Also try Discording enemies close to them so you can take them out quickly.

Keep your own DPS up to help out but keep an eye out on anyone who's low on health. There's a lot of juggling but if you can keep a rhythm going, you can keep them alive longer. Flankers like Genji and Tracer are worth healing if you can get to them but they should really learn to retreat to health packs if they're in dire situations. Can't save everyone.

Thanks.

My problem is that on solo queue competitive, I don't feel comfortable enough playing other healers some times(I can play them decently enough, but my Zen is leagues better), but I don't want to be that guy who sees no healers, then picks a Hanzo or something. But yeah, half the time I'm just standing there as everyone is dying at all angles around me, and I'm at a loss as to who to keep alive.

LiK

Thanks.

My problem is that on solo queue competitive, I don't feel comfortable enough playing other healers some times(I can play them decently enough, but my Zen is leagues better), but I don't want to be that guy who sees no healers, then picks a Hanzo or something. But yeah, half the time I'm just standing there as everyone is dying at all angles around me, and I'm at a loss as to who to keep alive.

I can't play Mercy for shit, my Lucio is a lot worse after his rework and Ana is a no-go. So I stick with Zen. Just need to hope someone else can pick up the slack as the main healer.

Yager

Banned
If you're winning and they switch midmatch then I can understand your confusion. But some players do better in Attack or Defense with certain heroes so they switch then which I can relate to.

Yeah I get that, but if you managed to get back to 2-2 on KOTH after being 0-2 and the como you have is working, why risk it instead of keeping it that way? Switch if it doesn't work anymore, but it wasn't the case.

LiK

Sty did a follow up video to his Comp rant from yesterday. Not gonna lie, these videos are cathartic.

Yeah I get that, but if you managed to get back to 2-2 on KOTH after being 0-2 and the como you have is working, why risk it instead of keeping it that way? Switch if it doesn't work anymore, but it wasn't the case.

Indeed, sometimes it's weird when someone is clearly doing well and they decide to switch for no reason. I feel some people feel cocky and decide to switch it up to have fun. It's basically throwing, imo. Don't have fun on our expense.

First soloq, shimada bros duo.

Loss.

The genji switched to a widow one round on koth, you know, to make things work.

You abandoned a group but then came back later to solo queue?

but why.gif

Zen as solo heal on Attack is a rough position. I've successfully solo healed as Zen on Defense (usually a 2CP or Hybrid) where you can kind of play center and orb whoever is needed since people are usually grouped up within range. But Zen doesn't do well with Attack solo due to lack of mobility - if your group splits up or flanks at all you just don't have the reach.

I always prioritize people who are initiating team fights - Winston, Genji, etc. Giving them that extra sustain for their initial attack usually helps a lot. From there it's just keeping the orb on whoever has the most momentum. If a Reaper is plowing through the enemy, put the orb on him to keep him alive. But don't waste an orb on a Reinhardt whose shield is defending nobody and he's not even near the point.

Hustler

Any groups of players playing on PC willing to help a newer player to overwatch get better? I've been playing for about a month, mostly solo. I'm lvl 44 and currently just below 1700 SR in competitive. I have not had good luck in competitive, the teams have been fairly toxic for over half of my matches and it's starting to not be fun anymore. I've had more enjoyment out of QP and 3vs3/6vs6 elimination than competition at this point. Thanks!

I mostly play in the evenings/late at night due to my job and family. Feel free to add me Doorakz#1519

_Legacy_

Yeah it's really annoying when that happens, especially when it's a widow/hanzo. People take too many chances in this game, I'd understand if it was 2-0 and there was zero chance of a comeback but why hamper your chances of winning? Some people just don't care.

Owzers

You abandoned a group but then came back later to solo queue?

but why.gif

Zen as solo heal on Attack is a rough position. I've successfully solo healed as Zen on Defense (usually a 2CP or Hybrid) where you can kind of play center and orb whoever is needed since people are usually grouped up within range. But Zen doesn't do well with Attack solo due to lack of mobility - if your group splits up or flanks at all you just don't have the reach.

I always prioritize people who are initiating team fights - Winston, Genji, etc. Giving them that extra sustain for their initial attack usually helps a lot. From there it's just keeping the orb on whoever has the most momentum. If a Reaper is plowing through the enemy, put the orb on him to keep him alive. But don't waste an orb on a Reinhardt whose shield is defending nobody and he's not even near the point.

I like to take breaks then decide if I want to return later.

MCD

McDragon Live. Will be on after gym time.

I like to take breaks then decide if I want to return later.

Breaks are for the weak! We must soldier on and lose SR until we tilt so hard we refuse to play OW at all for a month!

Or at least that's what it says in the "How to Play OW Like A Pro" manual.

Also my phone auto-capitalized soldier so I think I've been talking about OW too much on my phone.

MCD

Yeah it's really annoying when that happens, especially when it's a widow/hanzo. People take too many chances in this game, I'd understand if it was 2-0 and there was zero chance of a comeback but why hamper your chances of winning? Some people just don't care.

I've seen people get jelly when a player does great with X hero and switch to that. Some will even ask "can you give me your X character please?" When you are doing amazing with said hero.

Some others will switch because they get cocky. Oh we won 2 rounds let's go Widowmaker here and train. Lol

Any groups of players playing on PC willing to help a newer player to overwatch get better? I've been playing for about a month, mostly solo. I'm lvl 44 and currently just below 1700 SR in competitive. I have not had good luck in competitive, the teams have been fairly toxic for over half of my matches and it's starting to not be fun anymore. I've had more enjoyment out of QP and 3vs3/6vs6 elimination than competition at this point. Thanks!

I mostly play in the evenings/late at night due to my job and family. Feel free to add me Doorakz#1519

If you continually play competitive you'll improve on your skills. I won't be able to play games with you but I'll add ya. Are you on NA?

LiK

Have they said anything about adjusting Doomfist before he goes live?

Rocket punch should probably have a longer cooldown.

His rocket punch range was already nerfed. Probably still looking into any other changes. He's also really buggy in PTR right now. They gotta fix that stuff first.

Top Bottom