• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Simple Geometry is the best.

Also for those of you new to class based games:

XdPvFO9.png

finalflame

Simple Geometry is the best.

Also for those of you new to class based games:

Nothing has ever summed up my feelings so fucking well. It's INFURIATING to see 4 people running around after a Reinhardt when he's getting healed by a FUCKING GLOWING YELLOW BEAM LEADING DIRECTLY TO THE MERCY WHO'S BEHIND EVERYONE FUCK.

STOP FEEDING HER ULT. STOP DOING IDLE DAMAGE, GO KILL THE FUCKING MERCY JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

/rant

Nothing has ever summed up my feelings so fucking well. It's INFURIATING to see 4 people running around after a Reinhardt when he's getting healed by a FUCKING GLOWING YELLOW BEAM LEADING DIRECTLY TO THE MERCY WHO'S BEHIND EVERYONE FUCK.

STOP FEEDING HER ULT. STOP DOING IDLE DAMAGE, GO KILL THE FUCKING MERCY JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

/rant

Mercy + D.Va = Rez every 30 seconds in solo Q.

MCD

/rant

When I tried to kill her as D.VA today my friends raged

You are a tank. You are supposed to protect us!

WELL WHY DON'T YOU FUCKING KILL THE HEALERS THEN YOU DPS LOVING WHORES

Veelk

Banned
When I tried to kill her as D.VA today my friends raged

You are a tank. You are supposed to protect us!

WELL WHY DON'T YOU FUCKING KILL THE HEALERS THEN YOU DPS LOVING WHORES

Killing the healer is everyone's job. Tanks and healers just don't get as much opportunity.

Flying around trying to not be killed the whole match is just not fun to me, not in the way the other 3 healers are.

Missed out on your reply.

Definitely can see why you wouldn't like her play style. i kind of just like the reward from not dying personally.

Im not sure what happen but its hard to find a positive OW streamer nowadays.

Most pros/OW streamers seem to get tilted just as quickly as anyone else, and it's kinda cringey how prevalent screaming and ranting has become too, if not that then it's passive aggressive comments towards the team in game or chat.

You guys have any recommendations?

finalflame

Most pros/OW streamers seem to get tilted just as quickly as anyone else, and it's kinda cringey how prevalent screaming and ranting has become too, if not that then it's passive aggressive comments towards the team in game or chat.

I haven't watched him lately but moonmoon never used to tilt or any such nonsense on stream.

Killing the healer is everyone's job. Tanks and healers just don't get as much opportunity.

Plus, Mercy is a slippery beggar. She's got the best mobility in the game when her team is spread out (as they always are in solo q), and it doesn't take long for her to start regenerating health. Chasing Mercy into her backlines to try to finish her off has got me killed more times than I've killed the Mercy. Sometimes I find it's best to put just enough pressure on her to flee, then focus the guy who's no longer being healed.

Seagull is the only one that springs to mind, but even he's started to occasionally tilt these days.

Owzers

I might start streaming PS4 games. I consider myself a pro.

Ramirez

Missed out on your reply.

Definitely can see why you wouldn't like her play style. i kind of just like the reward from not dying personally.

I'm just a very offensively minded person, so her more passive playstyle just doesn't jive with me. Zen is my favorite healer, actually.

sojour

I don't play Zarya a lot. But, can someone explain to me why does D'Va defense matrix eat Zarya ult, even though you're aiming at a different direction (~60 - 90 degrees away), and at a respectable distance?

How long is the range of her skill? Yes, I can see it visibly, but to me, it's far away.

Nazo

I'll never get over how garbage of a game mode mystery heroes is.

If the enemy team gets one lucky roll hero-wise they just steam roll you.

Nimby

Banned

Seagull
galeadelade (from what I've watched of them, not very tilty)
aimbotcalvin (same)

moonmoon isn't pro, but the dude is literally anti-tilt. His humor might not be for you though.

I don't play Zarya a lot. But, can someone explain to me why does D'Va defense matrix eat Zarya ult, even though you're aiming at a different direction (~60 - 90 degrees away), and at a respectable distance?

How long is the range of her skill? Yes, I can see it visibly, but to me, it's far away.

I recently learned DVA eats things. And that Mei can change ice wall directions

Wonder what else I dont know

Owzers

Quick play with Pinku was the land of hanzo, never got any reaper in but had some decently fun games for qp duo standards with shimada team comps.

I'm just a very offensively minded person, so her more passive playstyle just doesn't jive with me. Zen is my favorite healer, actually.

Zen is so fun. I wish I didn't only play Mercy when I got the game. It took me last season to pick up Ana and even then I didn't play her. Recently I won a comp game playing Lucio. Got two beats down in about 60 seconds? Danced around the payload and it was so much fun!

pizzacat

Banned
Moonmoon could be pro if he wanted to but he was corrupted by the memes

Also zzz watching dry ass pro players

Could say that now that seagull is not on a team anymore right?

Gorillaz

Big 3 for me are moon timthetatman and seagull but seagull is the only pro out of those 3 and tim "tilts" but does it in a hilarious self deprecating way

Moonmoon is my fav right now he's pretty no nonsense, doesn't "tilt" and says constantly that even his chat isn't safe from being banned if they say or do stupid shit. He's hilarious but a hard read at times.

Harbleu is the best Overwatch streamer out there imo. It's just good vibes and hilarity all the way through. His stream schedule is pretty spotty, but it's always great and is one of the only things these days that makes me want to actually play Overwatch.

kurahador

I think they should buff Ana by making her bullet bounce like Hanzo's scatter arrow. Reason being she's the only healer that doesn't have shield and auto generate health.

Basically; reduce her ammo count or healing rate per shot, but make it bounce. Boom...Ana is now console friendly.

randome

Honestly fuck this game. Why am I put with three Italian dudes who can't even speak English who leave mid match and come back 5 minutes later?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I've been trying to get good at sombra as my next goal after I reached my previous goal of solo queue bronze to plat, but it's been basically a bloodbath.

As I drop it's become easier and easier to kill the enemy team, but it feels like my own team is getting worse and worse even relative to the other team. I don't know if that's a symptom of how matchmaking works as you decline or what.

https://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/thepotatoman-1824/heroes/24

In any case, I guess I'll just review my vods tomorrow, and post one of them here if I feel confused about why I lost. I'm pretty certain my EMP timings need a lot of work, and I suppose I need to die less, even though I feel like most of my deaths are from enemy ults directed right at me and being caught last one alive in a teamfight where everyone else on my team died in a second. I guess I'm just surprised how rare it is to get carried yourself when you're not exactly throwing the game in any huge way. Maybe just playing sombra means you have to take the game into your hands since everyone else will tilt and throw if you're not undeniably the team MVP

feel

Went "fuck it" and decided to pick Mei in Comp after a few bad losses, 1800sr meta expert guy immediately yells at me to not play Mei, decided I was tired of respecting other player's wishes for the night and left the voice chat and proceeded to help take the team to a very easy 3-0 win on Oasis by being pretty much cancer in every firefight with my freezing and walls and almost never dying. Returned to voice chat at the end to tell the guy to not be so quick to dismiss picks and he went "yeah.. sure.. whatever" as he watched me wave at 4 enemies frozen by my ultimate in the POTG.

Unrelated, have over 6000 coins saved up already for a couple of legendary event skins but I don't know if I will be spending any of that in the summer one if last year's goofy patriotic/sporty skins are of any indication. As a new player who's only been playing for a couple of months I'm looking forward to an Uprising style event with serious skins and PvE mode.

Blues1990

There is Genji but I didn't see it painted.

I remember there was a mention of Figma Genji, but it's good to hear that the prototype is out in the wild.

Went "fuck it" and decided to pick Mei in Comp after a few bad losses, 1800sr meta expert guy immediately yells at me to not play Mei, decided I was tired of respecting other player's wishes for the night and left the voice chat and proceeded to help take the team to a very easy 3-0 win on Oasis by being pretty much cancer in every firefight with my freezing and walls and almost never dying. Returned to voice chat at the end to tell the guy to not be so quick to dismiss picks and he went "yeah.. sure.. whatever" as he watched me wave at 4 enemies frozen by my ultimate in the POTG.

Unrelated, have over 6000 coins saved up already for a couple of legendary event skins but I don't know if I will be spending any of that in the summer one if last year's goofy patriotic/sporty skins are of any indication. As a new player who's only been playing for a couple of months I'm looking forward to an Uprising style event with serious skins and PvE mode.

Good on you for sticking to your guns and ignoring that guy.

And I agree. If you aren't interested with the cosmetics for the Summer Games event, then there's no harm to continue saving up your coins for another that will catch your interest. Truth be told, I am interested to see what cool Halloween-themed skins there will be in the Halloween Terror event later this fall.

_Legacy_

Have summer games skins actually been confirmed though, I though last year was only for the Olympics (which runs every 4 years)?

Blues1990

Have summer games skins actually been confirmed though, I though last year was only for the Olympics (which runs every 4 years)?

Jeff mentioned that the Summer Games is a yearly event, and all the items from last year will become available (despite the real-world Olympics being 4 years apart). There was some images of Sydney, Australia found in a recent data mine session, so it's safe to assume that Lucio Ball will take place in an arena in that area.

_Legacy_

Jeff mentioned that the Summer Games is a yearly event, and all the items from last year will become available (despite the real-world Olympics being 4 years apart). There was some images of Sydney, Australia found in a recent data mine session, so it's safe to assume that Lucio Ball will take place in an arena in that area.

Interesting, thanks

Some more Overwatch League news we have gotten from leaks. Full information is supposedly set to come later today.

7 Teams So Far:
-Los Angeles Immortals
-San Francisco NRG (Has only half a roster right now)
-Miami Misfits
-Boston (Owned by Robert Kraft)
-New York (Owned by Mets owners)
-Seoul (Possibly Lunatic Hai, arguably the best team in the world)
-Shanghai (Likely an all star team of Pacific League talent)

All of season 1 will be played in Los Angeles. It will launch by the end of 2017.

I haven't seen this specifically with any leaks but apparently there will be improvements to the spectator system coming soon. That news comes from Monte and Doa, two casters for the game that have worked with Blizzard to make improvements and have apparently seen them firsthand.

As I edit this apparently Disney invested in an ownership group of Team Liquid yesterday. Maybe we could still get more teams in the lead up to season 1.

One more edit (lol), apparently Kungarna has been picked up by an org, so they will no longer be an amateur team. Whether they got picked up by a League team or not is the question. There was also news yesterday from KyKy, the coach of EnVyUs, that there was some big news coming this week. I would be shocked if this didn't have something to do with Overwatch League as they are the best NA team and the announcement time periods line up.

Top Bottom